• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

stn

Ryu has no weaknesses? He's a fireball character in a game that doesn't reward them nearly as much as HERP A DERP 50/50's. His weakness is that he's too honest a character. He has tools to deal with nearly everything but you have to have your fundamentals down 100%.

Edgeward

Anyone got some tips for Adon's instant air jaguar kicks? I can't get them to come out at all.

roll the command. uf, f, df, d, db,b + kick. Do it in one smooth motion and then slowly work your way to doing it a faster than before. You can even think of it as an spd and end in ub to compensate in cases of hitting the button too early

edit: oops, if you meant d, db, b, ub, u, uf. This is harder to do since his air kick is different from ground, unlike Cammy who has no qcb ground move. I've only been able to do that way only once testing.

To the people that played me, what bad tendencies do i have? I try to look at footage but i have trouble pinpointing the good from the bad from my wack-ass play.

FinKL

I assume you're referring to that new guy. This isn't going to work man, I'm Rice, ME, NO ONE ELSE. Call him by his GAF name or Sam if he likes.

Lol, ya, I don't think it's free to change my live name, and I've been using it since the OG XBOX. It's confusing, but not the end of the world.

GGs to all I've played the past few days. mesmerMan, Edgeword, Kadey, Battle Kat, and Devined.

I'm just trying to learn Akuma after coming from years of Balrog.

GGs BV :D

I gotta find that corner combo I did on you that one game. Completely overkill, but dat style.

I was like @_@. Yeah, completely not necessary but styled on all my behind. Your Juri has gotten. Trying to anti-air on 3Sexy is difficult. Going to be better with dat offline play. :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Fuck everyone who picks training stage and nothing else. I played this shit for the first time in months today and every single person that came into my lobby picked the training stage every time they won. Every. Person. Shit is not that serious goddamn.

OceanBlue

Fuck everyone who picks training stage and nothing else. I played this shit for the first time in months today and every single person that came into my lobby picked the training stage every time they won. Every. Person. Shit is not that serious goddamn.

something something final destination

I've had a few people tell me PS3 has stage lag. Most probably adopt it just in case.

I've heard of the ps3 having issues with stage lag. BUT THIS IS PC SON! ALL THEM MEGABITS!

I always pick random stage. It's specially delicious when i fight someone who beats my ass constantly and they pick nothing but training stage, so when i win i like to pick Seth's stage just to mess with their minds. consequently the SF4 stages suck ass though :/

OceanBlue

I've heard of the ps3 having issues with stage lag. BUT THIS IS PC SON! ALL THEM MEGABITS!

I always pick random stage. It's specially delicious when i fight someone who beats my ass constantly and they pick nothing but training stage, so when i win i like to pick Seth's stage just to mess with their minds. consequently the SF4 stages suck ass though :/
They're better than the Marvel and SFxT stages IMO. I like boring stages though.

Seth's stage sucks. :<

Kioshen

If I get green connection, random select stage. If I get anything else, I choose training stage.

thundr51

After watching way too many twitch streams I think I'm ready to get back in the ring. I picked up a stick (SFxT VS) and I've been playing on SF4AE on PC trying to get through the challenge missions to get more familiar with the stick. So now i'm at a crossroad on picking a character.
I've always liked Rose but 'dat execution is killing me. I did some research and apparently most of her really damaging combos are based on one frame links and such (I got stuck on challenge 13 with her, couldn't super cancel spark to aura spark). So I think it might be time to go back to Dee Jay. He was always a fav from way back and I can play charge characters much better.

So should I focus getting better with Rose or jump ship to DJ?

xCobalt

After watching way too many twitch streams I think I'm ready to get back in the ring. I picked up a stick (SFxT VS) and I've been playing on SF4AE on PC trying to get through the challenge missions to get more familiar with the stick. So now i'm at a crossroad on picking a character.
I've always liked Rose but 'dat execution is killing me. I did some research and apparently most of her really damaging combos are based on one frame links and such (I got stuck on challenge 13 with her, couldn't super cancel spark to aura spark). So I think it might be time to go back to Dee Jay. He was always a fav from way back and I can play charge characters much better.

Being able to do combos shouldn't be your main priority. You should learn what your options are in certain situations and go from there. Learn the anti airs, good moves to poke with, your escape options, ect. If you like the character then stick with it. Combos will come over time...something simple such as cr.mp into spiral is very effective.

To do her fireball into super you can just do b,db,d,df,f + P, d,df,f + P. Basically, the first fireball motion acts as a shortcut or buffer for the super.

Devined

My execution is ass so I played Bison for awhile, but I decided I can't get through life with ass execution and I started playing Adon.

My execution is ass so I played Bison for awhile, but I decided I can't get through life with ass execution and I started playing Adon.

ass execution will get you 4th place at evo though.

i STILL believe.

i also have terrible execution and play charge characters...and sometimes cody

FinKL

When you want to play around with 1-frame links, investigate if "plinking" is right for you. It's something that I feel definitely helps, but is very awkward to incorporate if you're muscle memory isn't used to it.

Top Bottom