• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Beckx

I don't use the wiki system for the Dormammu guide because other people can change it.

I don't mean the in-depth guide stuff but basic stuff like move data, BnB (including what's a link vs. a cancel, one of my pet peeves is that some combo threads on SRK don't distinguish).

I mean the stuff is mostly there, just never makes the transition from forum to wiki.

xCobalt

Oni info:

That is great stuff. u2 is already the better choice in almost every situation but has that HCF. This is excellent. Best anti-air ultra in the game, hands down. It's not the number one thing he needed but who knows what else they are doing.

"safer" slashes are going to get people in a lather.

Combofiend on unblockables:

Best anti air ultra is definitely Hakan's U2. Can't be safe jumped since it's a one frame startup.

Not too sure what safer slashes could mean for Oni. Light slash is relatively safe already.

xCobalt

I think MMM may have typo'd since he wrote "safer x slashes" - bet that's meant to mean safer EX slashes.

Maybe. I'm thinking they'll make it throw invincible. I doubt they would make a move that can crossup and combo into ultra safe on block.

Beckx

Maybe. I'm thinking they'll make it throw invincible. I doubt they would make a move that can crossup and combo into ultra safe on block.

There's no way it's safe on block, I agree. Might reduce the recovery time a bit but not much.

As it is now it's so easy to knock him out of that, maybe they are doing something there. But that would be weird too. Messing w/ EX slash in general is weird.

AutumnAve

Aight, so I was rewatching the trailer Ultra SF4, and at the very end, it shows the Steam logo at the end. So, I guess we can presume that Steamworks is taking over for multiplayer, but my concern is this : I have the stand-alone GFWL version of AE downloaded from Amazon...how fucked am I going forward?

Aight, so I was rewatching the trailer Ultra SF4, and at the very end, it shows the Steam logo at the end. So, I guess we can presume that Steamworks is taking over for multiplayer, but my concern is this : I have the stand-alone GFWL version of AE downloaded from Amazon...how fucked am I going forward?

hopefully not fucked. I did the same thing :[

El Sloth

Banned
That doesn't necessarily mean no GFWL for online play. Just that it'll be sold on Steam. Someone should tweet Ono or Combofiend and see if they can clarify.

Venfayth

QCFx2 KKK for ultra 2 is nice, but not that important. Not that hard to do it as it is now.

EX Slash should be punishable .. So should MK and HK. Definitely not throw invincible either.

I'd be fine with LK slash being 0 though. I thought it was already.

Venfayth

Another nice buff would be to make his stomps less punishable. It's tough for most characters to punish it already because of how far away it pushes him, but yeah. Or you could also make it so that you can't walk behind the stomp.

So are we going to create a new AE OT only to create a USF4(yes, this is what I'm going to go by from now on lol) in early 2014 or will the new OT just use the new name since we already know what it is?

Anyways EVO was amazing, I'm so sad now that it's over. But we got Capcom Cup to look forward to and more news on USF4.

Is there a hype thread for USF4 (typing out the acronym feels good to me)?

FGC 4 LYFE

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Keep this thread going and make another OT for it. When Ultra comes out, we'll make a separate thread. There is still a long ways to go before it comes out.

Anybody want to play tonight?

X7jbKPZ.jpg

Seik

Banned
I just played a couple of ranked matches with my main man Cody and things went rather well, by this I mean at least an equal win-lose ratio.

I want to play with some GAFers soon, maybe in a few hours I'll be available. :)

Keep this thread going and make another OT for it. When Ultra comes out, we'll make a separate thread. There is still a long ways to go before it comes out.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT5| Ultra Ultra Ultra

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT5| Something good came out of SFxT

Or maybe the new title doesn't have to reference USF4.

Kalamari

Yeah, it's inexplicable to me that SRK has this mostly functional wiki system but no one uses it, instead stuff just goes into those threads - and those are now a mess half the time due to site changes.

I've basically given up visiting SRK forums altogether, it's such a mess to navigate in its current state. I find it easier just to watch pro gameplay or combo videos for the basic bnb stuff.

As far as Ultra is concerned, I am really looking forward to it. Of course it would be nice to have all new stages and characters, but since I didn't buy or play SFxT at all, it won't make a difference to me.

Threi

notag
Thinking about it the deejay changes for a bit...i really wonder if they even looked at the request threads at all. The buff they are giving him here all situational, and don't even address the areas that make him extremely weak at all. Why are they giving him buffs for situational purposes? (his far fierce is a VERY situational anti-air, if they had set the training dummy to use a jumping attack at that distance it far fierce would get stuffed every time) He doesn't need little juggle gimmicks like this yet capcom keeps giving them to him.

Why it bugs me is because damn near every post in the request thread detailed why deejay is a weak character and what he needs to be somewhat viable. Almost all of the requests were the same, yet it seems as if it was completely ignored.

Seems like they simply pay attention to certain characters the most, and improvise on others.

Send me an invite too, I'll hop on.
Thinking about it the deejay changes for a bit...i really wonder if they even looked at the request threads at all. The buff they are giving him here all situational, and don't even address the areas that make him extremely weak at all. Why are they giving him buffs for situational purposes? (his far roundhouse is a VERY situational anti-air, if they had set the training dummy to use a jumping attack at that distance it far fierce would get stuffed every time) He doesn't need little juggle gimmicks like this yet capcom keeps giving them to him.

Why it bugs me is because damn near every post in the request thread detailed why deejay is a weak character and what he needs to be somewhat viable. Almost all of the requests were the same, yet it seems as if it was completely ignored.

Seems like they simply pay attention to certain characters the most, and improvise on others.
This right here. But this could also lend more credit to the theory that the changes were already set in stone before they even thought of getting player feedback.

El Sloth

Banned

Anybody want to play tonight?
Another chance to, briefly, escape the community forum ghetto.

Top Bottom