• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
They seem to be in a recycling mood with SFxT models, wouldn't shock me

Alot of those characters were in development for SF4 to begin with I think

I heard there were working prototypes Rolento and Elena years before SFxT was a thing

I'll buy it.

So...45 characters. Biggest SF cast ever

That's a lot of match-ups to learn

Seriously. I can't believe they're adding more

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is a huge update. It's more than just balance changes, characters and more stages. There is word of more moves and ultras.

xCobalt

This is a huge update. It's more than just balance changes, characters and more stages. There is word of more moves and ultras.

I'd be really surprised to see more ultras. It would seem like a lot of work to create and balance 50 new ultras.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

There's no way new ultras would be DLC. That'd be like 5 gigs with all the data, animations and sounds wouldn't it?

I mean the 4 characters 2012 added was like... 1-2 gigs wasn't it?

I want the option to choose whose music plays during vs matches. I hate how the music is tied to 2nd player.

I want Bison's theme 24/7 son!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There's no way new ultras would be DLC. That'd be like 5 gigs with all the data, animations and sounds wouldn't it?

It makes sense if you say it like that. But there's been patches as big as that before. All I know is that Combofiend says there are some more surprises that aren't revealed yet.

Bizazedo

Need Bison info. Also, 2014, ugh, so far away.

Also, hearing weird rumors about "King Cobra" for the 5th. Chalking it up to stupidity right now til more evidence, but IRC = fun so.

gutabo

For the new characters, yes. For old characters, mostly sounds(if using new ones) and effects maybe. Animations for new ultras (for existing characters) are easy to do for them, they're a bunch of numbers for the bones' positions and the engine does the rest. It's relatively small files in size.

Mœbius

Reposting from the other thread... I'm more excited about the new stages (and costumes) than the characters to be honest; would have preferred new non-SFxT characters but understand why that's the most economical approach. The fifth new character really should be an original character rather than a guest... Asura guesses everyone is making are probably spot-on, which is pretty boring.

My understanding of the Ultra thing was that the new characters alone would be getting new Ultras (i.e. not just their SFxT specials) as well as new moves / animations unique to their SF4 incarnations; I don't think the comments were being applied in reference to the existing cast.

Seeing that Fei nerf is hilarious and I can just smell the Akuma nerfs coming too... based on Fei's and the previous comments from the devs after player feedback my guess will be that Akuma will get the SFxT treatment and recovery on his air fireballs will be increased. I was previously worried about Capcom nerfing his walk speed and sweep but based on the rest of the changes being generally buffs I don't think they will mess with those now. Love that Makoto (and others) seem to be getting buffs - Combofiend keeping his word.

What do you guys think for the stages - repeats of SF classics, or brand new? Would love a combination of both (and hopefully not just SFxT rehashes), with some of the classics including these (shout outs to the Fighting game backgrounds thread!):

FQa7Jgr.gif

Y2qGkZsl.gif

Beckx

Has Capcom ever put a character from a different IP into the main street fighter series? Asura would just be an odd pick.

In the ending of Asura's Wrath, he is born again in the modern day world. Chun-li appears in the ending, chasing another reborn character. In the lost episodes, Ryu and Akuma are sent back in time to Asura's time. Who knows if it's "canon" but AW clearly places its world as being in the SF universe.

Seriously, spoilers.

Also, Cody and Guy are from another game series.

Westlo

if cammy just got a dmg and stun reduction on her hard attacks that's allright, keeps her gameplay intact and it just means one more mixup you need to land. its not an overthetop nerf smackdown like say yangs. wonder how much lower her dicekick is now....

though all that can change....

as for my boy ken, he looks like he'll be better than AE Ken and he was considered top 7 in that game. (not as strong as akuma but fought better against yun/yang so effectively stronger). His AE sweep combos are back bringing back his dangerous mini vortex, faster walkspeed is massive, and a change that should've been done with Super, increased dmg on his fadc ultra.

LakeEarth

I drop down to 1700bp using Oni, I finally crack and go back to Rose and I'm up to 2400bp in like an hour. Amazing what pokes with actual priority will do.

I drop down to 1700bp using Oni, I finally crack and go back to Rose and I'm up to 2400bp in like an hour. Amazing what pokes with actual priority will do.

All I gots to say is if her EX spiral is getting full invincibility then it better be more punishable. A lot of Rose players get away with it because punishing this move on block has a strange timing and it's not that negative on block so you can't easily punish it like you can a DP. If Rose players want that buff, then they should take the nerf along with it and make it -8 or worse to make it less of a tight punish for just throwing it out randomly.

LakeEarth

Yeah I don't think it needs to be any better either. She already has the godly backdash, having an "okay" GTFO move is already a nice plus.

I need a guile Buff. Nothing big, just something to answer sakuras that lock me down in the corner (aside from just not getting in the corner in the 1st place)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can't believe this thread was made in 2011. It's been that long. We're about to go to OT5 in a few hundred posts.

I can't believe this thread was made in 2011. It's been that long. We're about to go to OT5 in a few hundred posts.

Damn, didn't know it's been that long. That means we went through OT 1-4 in just a little over a year because the Vanilla thread went on until 2010 and had like 50k+ post which I think was unheard of at the time. But yeah, I'm looking forward to the new thread which should be about the upcoming version. Hopefully that will revitalize things around here a bit more than AE or AE 2012 ever could.

BTW, AE got 65k yesterday around this time. Marvel never got any higher then 54k from what I saw and is under 50k now. Hold dat (certain)Minions :p

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Hey guys, there's a new? tab in steam for the game called BETA, and you can input a code, I know for a fact this was not there a couple of months ago but I don't really know how new it is.

Onemic

I think I've gotten burnt out using Yun. I have no idea how to get better with this dude. People that don't know how to do shit beat me on the regular and to even get a win I have to make like over double the amount of correct guesses than the other person playing Cammy/Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Ibuki/ put anyone other than Yun/Yang here just to win a round. thinking I might just go full time into Makoto or Chun considering the changes coming in the next patch and just drop Yun entirely.

yea, you know the psn!

coming on

Westlo

I think I've gotten burnt out using Yun. I have no idea how to get better with this dude. People that don't know how to do shit beat me on the regular and to even get a win I have to make like over double the amount of correct guesses than the other person playing Cammy/Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Ibuki/ put anyone other than Yun/Yang here just to win a round. thinking I might just go full time into Makoto or Chun considering the changes coming in the next patch and just drop Yun entirely.

pretty sure yun will get buffed this patch. all he needs is a few tweaks and other characters getting nerfed to be op again, see Cammy AE to AE12

coming on

It feels like most Yuns get their wins when they get in that ass into the corner. What's your gameplan?

Onemic

It feels like most Yuns get their wins when they get in that ass into the corner. What's your gameplan?

st.hk, st.mk, and mostly just frame traps so I can get EX upkicks into ultra.(or super if I have the meter) Even then EX upkicks into ultra doesn't do shit for dmg, specially if it isn't fully charged.(Does less than 300) I feel like to be good with Yun you just have to be a legit good player, which can't be said for many other characters in the game(that are at least round mid tier) that can cheese their way to the top through 2-3 mixups.

Threi

notag
st.hk, st.mk, and mostly just frame traps so I can get EX upkicks into ultra.(or super if I have the meter) Even then EX upkicks into ultra doesn't do shit for dmg, specially if it isn't fully charged.(Does less than 300) I feel like to be good with Yun you just have to be a legit good player, which can't be said for many other characters in the game(that are at least round mid tier) that can cheese their way to the top through 2-3 mixups.
LiiBBi5.gif

oh now you gunna have to name these midtier chars now. Cause I know there are a bunch of chars that wished they had the "problems" yun has.

Top Bottom