• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Onemic

LiiBBi5.gif

oh now you gunna have to name these midtier chars now. Cause I know there are a bunch of chars that wished they had the "problems" yun has.

Gief
Oni
Fuerte
Sakura
Ken
Ryu
Makoto
Blanka
Ibuki

hypernima

Banned
I think I've gotten burnt out using Yun. I have no idea how to get better with this dude. People that don't know how to do shit beat me on the regular and to even get a win I have to make like over double the amount of correct guesses than the other person playing Cammy/Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Ibuki/ put anyone other than Yun/Yang here just to win a round. thinking I might just go full time into Makoto or Chun considering the changes coming in the next patch and just drop Yun entirely.

coming on

Sorry man, was watching EVO
You still on? I'm bored and injustice is on.

hypernima

Banned
You taunted my Chun, which was the first time I've ever used her in my life. :( That's when I said fuck it and switched to dat Yun. >:|

Yea, I was gonna play her to show you some strings and pokes, but I'm not the "let me show you how to use your character" type since I find it rude.

Onemic

Yea, I was gonna play her to show you some strings and pokes, but I'm not the "let me show you how to use your character" type since I find it rude.

ya, didn't even know she was a charge character till I was doing random fireballs for no reason. She has a ton of command normals too. Had no idea back mk, neutral mk, and fwd mk were all different command normals.

Imm0rt4l

People are shitting on Seths belief/fanboysim that Daigo wants to play his game the way he wants, but I'm inclined to say that Daigo really gives no fucks and plays how he wants. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing Ryu.

USF4 trailer was ass, dat boxart doe

Teknoman

Since its been awhile, figured i'd ask if anyone else was still using one of the SF Fightpads for PS3, and how they were holding up.

Thinking about getting one for when I have to play elsewhere, instead of just plunking down for another stick.

Was looking at those Hori Fighting Commander pads, but they seem to be really rare.

vocab

Is there a general compendium/wiki of up to date character information/combos or does that not exist? I tried asking about one for marvel in the marvel thread, but no one had an answer. It's really sad games no one has heard of has more information than SFIV.

Onemic

Is there a general compendium/wiki of up to date character information/combos or does that not exist? I tried asking about one for marvel in the marvel thread, but no one had an answer. It's really sad games no one has heard of has more information than SFIV.

Nope. Sfiv is infamous with its absolute lack of info you can get in one place.

Definitely going makoto/Elena for ultra

Edgeward

Since its been awhile, figured i'd ask if anyone else was still using one of the SF Fightpads for PS3, and how they were holding up.

Thinking about getting one for when I have to play elsewhere, instead of just plunking down for another stick.

Was looking at those Hori Fighting Commander pads, but they seem to be really rare.

I have not heard good things about the SF pads, they don't last.

Threi

notag
Gief
Oni
Fuerte
Sakura
Ken
Ryu
Makoto
Blanka
Ibuki
Do you really think that Oni, fuerte, ken, gief, and ryu have it easier than yun? Really? The only characters that have mixup options remotely as good as Yuns are Gief and Fuerte, and their weaknesses are much more exploitable than Yun's. Sakura, Ibuki, and Makoto aren't mid tier anyways, they are more at the top.

Onemic

Do you really think that Oni, fuerte, ken, gief, and ryu have it easier than yun? Really? The only characters that have mixup options remotely as good as Yuns are Gief and Fuerte, and their weaknesses are much more exploitable than Yun's. Sakura, Ibuki, and Makoto aren't mid tier anyways, they are more at the top.

Not in terms of high level play,(I'd definitely argue for Ryu though, I'm pretty sure he's straight up better than Yun) but in terms of cheesing your way to the top? Hell yes. The amount of those players with high pp(and I mean high pp as in 1500pp+) that shouldn't really be that high but are due to exploitation of cheese is insane. A high pp Yun will pretty much always be a legit player because of the amount of times you have to guess right.

Anyway, those posts I made were during a time of extreme saltiness from losing multiple matches I felt I shouldn't have lost.

So are we going to create a new AE OT only to create a USF4(yes, this is what I'm going to go by from now on lol) in early 2014 or will the new OT just use the new name since we already know what it is?

Anyways EVO was amazing, I'm so sad now that it's over. But we got Capcom Cup to look forward to and more news on USF4.

Beckx

Best starting place on a character still seems to be going to SRK character forums and hoping there's a decent general/combos thread that's been updated recently, and (even better) links out to work that good players have done (like the Makoto, Ibuki, and Oni guides).

MrDaravon

Best starting place on a character still seems to be going to SRK character forums and hoping there's a decent general/combos thread that's been updated recently, and (even better) links out to work that good players have done (like the Makoto, Ibuki, and Oni guides).

Yeah, I'm going to go back and do this, but whenever I pick up the game here and there it's always frustrating because I'm trying to piece together forum posts and guides that are often dated back to when Super came out. I'm just really surprised there's not a more comprehensive singular resource out at this point.

Evo top 8 really got me wanting to pick up the game again and relearn Ibuki, as well as refine my Sakura. Was great to finally see a top level Ibuki in action, now understand a lot more about how i'm suppose to use her.

Beckx

Yeah, it's inexplicable to me that SRK has this mostly functional wiki system but no one uses it, instead stuff just goes into those threads - and those are now a mess half the time due to site changes.

Devined

Yeah, it's inexplicable to me that SRK has this mostly functional wiki system but no one uses it, instead stuff just goes into those threads - and those are now a mess half the time due to site changes.

It is a pain to try and learn anything, as half the threads linked to are no longer in existence.

Onemic

Only a few of the character threads even have a good compendium of info there. I know the Makoto thread is by far the best of the bunch, but then there's the Yun/Yang threads, Akuma/Ryu threads that haven't been updated since AE or even Super. Most of the Akuma threads haven't been updated since SFIV

Beckx

Oni info:

@MetalMusicMan04 13 Jul
Sf4 balance update #evo2013 ONI direct from combo-- u2 = qcf kkk, x slashes 'safer' on block -- can't say other things but I'm very excited!

That is great stuff. u2 is already the better choice in almost every situation but has that HCF. This is excellent. Best anti-air ultra in the game, hands down. It's not the number one thing he needed but who knows what else they are doing.

"safer" slashes are going to get people in a lather.

Combofiend on unblockables:

‏@MetalMusicMan04 13 Jul
#evo2013 he did confirm that vanilla's fireball unblockable fix IS the cause for the unblockables in present sf4 tho

I don't use the wiki system for the Dormammu guide because other people can change it.

Top Bottom