• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Satyamdas

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
2lmt4eoxduu.gif

Dude is so far off his rocker it is scary.

broz0rs

biosnake20 said:
CrossCounter Asia AE2012 analysis video. Over an hour long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQQmicWAamg&feature=youtube_gdata

I listened to this at work and there's two interesting remarks.

Xian said that the Yun nerfs aren't all that bad. His bnb's are still in tact and probably just requires one more mix up to win. He did say that you can't play scrubby anymore, such as using EX lunge punch to get in safely.

Zhi noted that Mago pretty much laughed at the Fei nerfs because it was obviously very little.

Satyamdas

Banned
EsM68.jpg

"I don't care about you at all LiangHuBBB, now please listen to my drunken 45 minute rant explaining how much I don't care about petty shit like credit for crappy youtube videos. LOSER! *hiccup*"

Dude really needs to lay off the sauce. That is not a healthy looking 26 year old. :*(

kitzkozan

Satyamdas said:
EsM68.jpg

"I don't care about you at all LiangHuBBB, now please listen to my drunken 45 minute rant explaining how much I don't care about petty shit like credit for crappy youtube videos. LOSER! *hiccup*"

Dude really needs to lay off the sauce. That is not a healthy looking 26 year old. :*(

Looking like Hugo is not a good thing, at all. :p Especially without being 8 feet tall and the 450 pounds.

_dementia said:
Goddamn, can't Guy get a walkspeed buff?

His backwards walkspeed was sped up, wasn't it?

alstein said:
Went online this morning (I couldn't find anyone to play Arcana) : people aren't even playing Ryu anymore. It's all Yun/Fei.

I never thought I'd actually want to see Ryu.

Don't worry. You'll see Evil Ryus. EVERYWHERE.

Dunno if this was posted, but I read that the location test will be streamed at: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv61444689

USD, can you verify? I haven't activated a nico account, but I remember there being a website where you can copy/paste the nico url into a field and watch videos.

@saty: YEP THAT'S THE ONE. Thanks.

Imm0rt4l

the_log_ride said:
His backwards walkspeed was sped up, wasn't it?

Don't worry. You'll see Evil Ryus. EVERYWHERE.

Dunno if this was posted, but I read that the location test will be streamed at: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv61444689

USD, can you verify? I haven't activated a nico account, but I remember there being a website where you can copy/paste the nico url into a field and watch videos.

@saty: YEP THAT'S THE ONE. Thanks.
you know when they're streaming?

Imm0rt4l

oh shit goukens cr. fierce went from -4 to +3 on hit O_O

Edit: false alarm it's -3 on hit now. smh, thought that shit just got real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPEsOrf2S0A

We just had our national tournament here in the Philippines recently. yeah yeah, I know it's not really a major or anything and all this footage was just by one dude with a crappy camera, but 200+ people packed a crowded venue over here for the biggest 2D Fighting game event in the Philippines. Shit was so much fun, haha.

Masamuna

RE Makoto:

While this is mostly conjecture I think i've figured out Capcom's reasoning for the charged hayate "buffs". Earlier yesterday on this tweet, it mentions that lvl3/4 hayate feels like EX in terms of distance and speed. The original blog also mentions that lvl5 utilizes a sound queue from Mak, so either they moved/added another voice clip or the charge has been sped up from its original point which IIRC is at 64 frames.

Originally you reach lvl4 after Makoto finishes saying "Here I come", so if the charge time has been sped up she now has a near full screen attack that breaks armor, meterless and pretty safe on block.

Of course that by itself isn't that hot. Even if they speed up the charge its still not instant and her shouting makes it pretty telegraphed. But since Makoto in the SF4 series has always revolved around punishing the opponent for trying to avoid what she really wants to do (ie karakusa) there could be something a bit useful here.

So the safest option to avoid a charged hayate that could armor break (lvl 5) would be to use either a quick normal or a normal with decent active frames. Depending on when they react (ie her voice, the charge stance or the attack itself) you could either cancel the attack and get a free dash in or maybe delay further and whiff punish with the charged hayate. I'm taking a giant leap here but if they're reacting to the actual attack then doing a cancel > dash might be pretty useful. Only problem with that the cancel animation plus dashing is around 28 frames by itself so it might be pretty obvious.

If the opponent tries something passive like neutral jump or backdash, you cancel and dash to possibly punish accordingly. If they react with something bigger like an invincible move then Mak gets a free punish. In matches that you use U2 you could possibly use HC's to bait projectiles and maaaybe get a full ultra.

IF this is true then down the line you might see Makotos doing a lot more hayate cancels from mid to long range, kind of like (but not as effective) viper's TK feints. Its a bit farfetched but it almost sounds plausible to me.

Pop On Arrival said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPEsOrf2S0A

We just had our national tournament here in the Philippines recently. yeah yeah, I know it's not really a major or anything and all this footage was just by one dude with a crappy camera, but 200+ people packed a crowded venue over here for the biggest 2D Fighting game event in the Philippines. Shit was so much fun, haha.

Man, that dude with the most thumbs up made a very clever joke. I applaud him for having both the insight and intelligence to create such a clever joke.

Rice-Eater said:
Man, that dude with the most thumbs up made a very clever joke. I applaud him for having both the insight and intelligence to create such a clever joke.
Congrats. This post made me read a youtube comment.

Just wanted to say

Pop on Arrival = The Real Filipino Champ

And btw, any tourney with 100+ people in attendance is a major IMO. You guys had over 200, which is a pretty significant. Keep it up and I hope we see some real Filipino reps from the Phillipines next year at EVO(unless there were some already then forget it).

My thoughts on the vids:
-Codys new walkspeed is barely noticeable
- Evil ryus new health in noticable
-Hakans oil at start was a nice edition but nothing else was really shown off
-Fei is still godlike
- Adons improved dp hitbox is good.
-Yuns damage nerfs and divekick restrictions are very noticable. His divekick is like yangs now. And his second hit of his target combo is so easily punishable now

kitzkozan

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So with the way the changes are looking now, who will belong to the upper echelon of the tier rankings?

I really think fei is one of the most boring characters to watch :(, so here's hoping we get some of that...erhm...that...ugh... cody! yeah cody.

Corky said:
So with the way the changes are looking now, who will belong to the upper echelon of the tier rankings?

I really think fei is one of the most boring characters to watch :(, so here's hoping we get some of that...erhm...that...ugh... cody! yeah cody.
Sagat, Ken, Bipson, Fei

cackhyena

Corky said:

Fuck yeah. Cody is awesome. I'd love to see him in a lot more tourneys. Momochi's Cody is a thing of beauty. Sasaki is really good as well.

Top Bottom