• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Chavelo

notworksafe said:
It's busted. Probably not enough ads on each page yet. Needs 3-4 more to work properly.

Damn, notworksafe... I'm gonna go back home later, get some nice milk, sit down and find your post, start drinking and reading it, and I will still bust out laughing.

cHaotix8

Ive got the feeling dudley is still gonna be low tier. The st hk buff is just restoring a took he already had in super and the lack of a crossup really hurts his footsie game. Rose setup helps a bit but against characters with really good footsiea im already using a decent amount of meter to get in and wont have the necesary meter to set up a rose 50/50. His biggest weakness is still as blatant as ever.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wiseblade said:
Dan buiolding meter off whiffed crouching and jumping taunt would be pretty broken. They're fast enough that you could totally squeeze one inbetween everything you do.

how much meter is one bubble worth of meter?

cHaotix8 said:
Ive got the feeling dudley is still gonna be low tier. The st hk buff is just restoring a took he already had in super and the lack of a crossup really hurts his footsie game. Rose setup helps a bit but against characters with really good footsiea im already using a decent amount of meter to get in and wont have the necesary meter to set up a rose 50/50. His biggest weakness is still as blatant as ever.
It would be cool if they made short swing blow not horrible

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
It would be cool if they made short swing blow not horrible
yea they made his hurt box on hk and mk ssb a little bit smaller, but that doesn't help him get in, just blow up cr. tech. He's still not going to be that great in 2012, characters like chun, rose, deejay are still going to be a pain.

Wiseblade

Corky said:
how much meter is one bubble worth of meter?
It's 250 points for each segment for a total of 1000 points for full Super. To put it in perspective, 30 points is what Yun gets for whiffing a palm. Dan's crouching taunt is a little faster.

cHaotix8

Imm0rt4l said:
yea they made his hurt box on hk and mk ssb a little bit smaller, but that doesn't help him get in, just blow up cr. tech. He's still not going to be that great in 2012, characters like chun, rose, deejay are still going to be a pain.

I honestly feel that Capcom has no idea how to balance him. If they made forward fierce go just a tad bit farther, gave Kidney blow the same hitbox and properties as Cody's stomach blow and made his sweep reach just a little bit farther he'd be perfect. If I was being greedy I'd ask for a faster sweep and a farther reaching cr. jab but that's it. Hopefully there are more changes than just the ones listed, seeing as how half of the stuff that was listed he already had in Super (which they nerfed for some reason?).

Nose Master

Wiseblade said:
Dan buiolding meter off whiffed crouching and jumping taunt would be pretty broken. They're fast enough that you could totally squeeze one inbetween everything you do.

Not really. You can't cancel out of crouch/jump taunt (with block or anything else), and they have terrible recovery. I've got demon'd before for doing a crouching taunt. When you land after an air one, he has quite a bit of recovery on the ground, also.

Wiseblade

Nose Master said:
Not really. You can't cancel out of crouch/jump taunt (with block or anything else), and they have terrible recovery. I've got demon'd before for doing a crouching taunt. When you land after an air one, he has quite a bit of recovery on the ground, also.
*dusts off arcade stick*

Hmm, I could have sworn it was faster than that...

*Practices RSF*

Still got it.

Wiseblade

sephi22 said:
Sadface.
He's still a step up from Fuerte I guess.
1zm1lqf.jpg

Azure J

Third Strike haters stay just as free as IV haters... >:|

Why we can't get along man? Besides everyone knows Darkstalkers > all. :p

AzureJericho said:
Third Strike haters stay just as free as IV haters... >:|

Why we can't get along man? Besides everyone knows Darkstalkers > all. :p
Darkstalkers stinks as much as Virtua Fighter stinks.

comeatmebro.jpg

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
What do you think of DeeJay's new "big spender" combo?
hard to be excited about anything concerning this game when in the back of your mind you know that you are a complete scrub.

So...can't say i care much.

SmokeMaxX

Hey guys, our ARK IV tournament is coming up in September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR. If you guys live nearby, we'd love to have y'all. People are driving in from as far as Alabama, Austin, TX (~8 hours), perhaps Illinois (~10 hours). We're expecting about 200 people including Marn and perhaps EG Justin Wong. More importantly, for you stream monsters out there, we'll be debuting a combo video brought to you by the SonicHurricane / Combovid.com team which includes Snoooootch, Maj, Doopliss, Error1, Smileymike101, Pokey86, and lukeness monster.

Our trailer + Teaser for the Combo Vid
Made by Arkansas' own GBS Giovanni and Combo Part edited by Snoooootch

More info about our event:
SRK Thread
Facebook Event Page

Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/rawkusx#

EDIT: Also featuring some GAF favorites like chaotix, joekage, findmyfarms, etc.

Edgeward

It's at least nice to go back to 4 and be able to zone and play defensive after beating myself up trying to learn third strike. I swear I can link Ken's cr mk to SA3, I SWEAR! Now if oly I knew the trick for cr lk crlk to SA3. -_- But I'm going to keep at it because I need that kinda game to make me step up my execution clean up my stick movements better.

Cool, I'll be stream monstering per usual that day then.

Rocwell

Edgeward said:
It's at least nice to go back to 4 and be able to zone and play defensive after beating myself up trying to learn third strike. I swear I can link Ken's cr mk to SA3, I SWEAR! Now if oly I knew the trick for cr lk crlk to SA3. -_- But I'm going to keep at it because I need that kinda game to make me step up my execution clean up my stick movements better.

Cool, I'll be stream monstering per usual that day then.
I was practicing this earlier. You buffer a qcf in each lk like so:

down + lk, df, f, d+lk df, f + k

It's kinda tricky because you have to do the lights pretty quickly as it's pretty easy to drop the combo between lights. Once you get it down you can work on confirming the hits on a training dummy.

I'm pretty sure you can't link ken's cr. mk into super, it has to be cancelled. That's why it's so difficult to hit confirm, you don't have a large window to react to whether your cr. mk hit or not.

Top Bottom