• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

Maybe best of 5 matches rather than best of 3? I think we could get a slightly more granular result form that, plus it would either give some of us lower tiered players some hope against the better players, or at least a chance to come back from a potential shutout.

Gyrian said:
That, they have. We'll take a short break before Season 2 begins.
So, what changes do you all want to see for the next run?

Can't really say what to do for the next one. I know it's not gonna run 4 pools deep on each side. 2 Pools, or 3 Max.

I like best of 3 format. All the scoring seems fine to me. I'm already looking forward to the next season. How bout 5 points to the victor if he wins both sets double perfect each round :lol

Big ups to the organizers, mainly Gyrian and Akuma. I appreciate the effort.

scoring and number of rounds to win is fine.....

actually everything ran smooth, i don't really see any drastic changes that need to be made....don't fix what isn't broken!

Axis

whenever you wanna play blackvegeta...send that invite

edit:

gg's blackvegeta

blackvegeta(rog) vs vexco(chun)

0-2 vexco wins

2-0 blackvegeta wins

1-2 vexco wins(double ko in first round FUUUUUUUUUUUU)

gutabo

Axelhortsemchi said:
Well, the good news is that I'll be back home sometime this Friday, so maybe we can get a match Friday or Saturday. Otherwise, we'll be dancing the laggy dance of futility again this week :lol .
Hey Axel, Here's hoping to see you at home today or tomorrow so we can get our fights done!

Threi

notag
the match you've all been waiting for:

Threi (Dee Jay) vs Relix (Chun-Li)

Match 1: 2-0 Threi
Match 2: 2-0 Threi

Shadawloo n' Rice revenge...so good :D

...oh yeah
Relix said:
lolz

Me > Threi

Eissan get to me when you can so we can set a time ;-)
naw son not enough rhythm
TE5bU.gif

AZ Greg said:
AZ Greg (Vega) vs. Spirit Of Jazz (Abel)

2-0 AZ Greg
2-0 AZ Greg

GGs!

Gah, they were not GGs, you utterly massacred me! Cr.f roundhouse when spaced properly was Godlike with your spacing, all I could possibly hope to do was random CoD through it.

I'd like to put it down to online play, the match-up's in Abel's favor due to his oki and Vegas lack of options out of it and but fucks up my roll mix-ups so it counts some invisible frames and I always end up behind you... but you and Jlai were the ones in the ranbats that utterly wrecked me, I was left feeling completely clueless against you both and I doubt I'd stand a chance against either of you no matter how much lag there was.

Hopefully I'll get to play you again at some point, maybe after enough Vega defeats something will click. However I just wanted to say thank for being so good that utterly destroying the spirit of somebody who's played since vanilla was released :lol

(also in the casuals my OS Breathless that missed because I didn't know when your flip recovered was amazing!)

eva01

Rawkusx (Cammy) vs eva01 (Ken)

Match 1: 2-0 eva01
Match 2: 2-1 eva01

GGs Rawkus nice cammy. You got some good links in.

Axelhortsemchi (Gief) vs Gutabo (Honda) 1-2
Axelhortsemchi (Gief) vs Gutabo (Honda) 0-2

GG's Gutabo. My stick turned off for about 5 seconds during that second match. :( Given the matches we had after though, I don't think it impacted the score any.

gibration

gibration (Ryu) 2 - 1 kobunkun (Chun li)
gibration (Ryu) 1 - 2 kobunkun (Chun li)
gibration (Ryu) 0 - 2 kobunkun (Chun li)

I believe that's right.

I regret to inform you all that the PPV match has been cancelled.

Joe was unable to find a ps3 in order to play the match....

I am sad :( I don't get my last match and my chance to break top 3....

Eraldo am cry...

EraldoCoil said:
I regret to inform you all that the PPV match has been cancelled.

Joe was unable to find a ps3 in order to play the match....

I am sad :( I don't get my last match and my chance to break top 3....

Eraldo am cry...

:(

jobber said:
Jobber4WCW vs. Ricecake_eater
2-0
2-1

I demand my fight money now.

I was really salty after the losses, that's why I asked for more matches. Despite the outcome of that I'm still salty LOL, GG though

kiryogi

Banned
So far fail @ trying to fact Spiffy. Contacted him earlier. We agreed afternoon 3ish. Told him I'd be late by 5. Came home, saw him online. He was playing something else. Sent him a few msgs and invites. No go. :/

Morris

Disco Devil
Pool Abel

SephirothRK (C. Viper) [#1] vs Floydnova (Dudley) [#3]

2 - 1 Floyd
2 - 0 Floyd

rocky4-2-760821.jpg

I FINALLY DID IT MAN!!! ;_;

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Morro! said:
Pool Abel

SephirothRK (C. Viper) [#1] vs Floydnova (Dudley) [#3]

2 - 1 Floyd
2 - 0 Floyd

http://coolaggregator.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/rocky4-2-760821.jpg[IMG]

I FINALLY DID IT MAN!!! ;_;[/QUOTE]

with outside interference perhaps?
[IMG]http://imgur.com/wRFst.gif

Joekage

Sorry Eraldo...situation sucks since I was so close to catching up to Seph and possibly getting 1st...sorry you missed your chance as well. Please give all points applicable to Eraldo please, my ps3 died and no one around my area had one for me to use besides Farms and I wasn't able to get to him in time due to work and college. So yeah, gg's to all who I played against. Had some great matches and hopefully when I get my 360 (FINALLY) and my ps3 fixed I'll be able to get back into this.

jobber said:
with outside interference perhaps?
http://imgur.com/wRFst.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Definitely :lol

gs to Floyd, I was feeling very confident after the first round(Perfect), everything just crumpled after that. I was eating all his fadc combos because I tried to jump away but couldn't. Ryu would've been better I guess.

That's a good ranbat season. Next time is payback. Thanks to all the players that participated, and thanks to the host Gyrian and Akuma for handling this whole ranbat.

[QUOTE=Joekage]Sorry Eraldo...situation sucks since I was so close to catching up to Seph and possibly getting 1st...sorry you missed your chance as well. Please give all points applicable to Eraldo please, my ps3 died and no one around my area had one for me to use besides Farms and I wasn't able to get to him in time due to work and college. So yeah, gg's to all who I played against. Had some great matches and hopefully when I get my 360 (FINALLY) and my ps3 fixed I'll be able to get back into this.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that sucks was looking forward to that fight. :(

User 406

Banned
I don't mind in the slightest. Every fight is good experience. I just wish I could use my random select in the actual matches. XD

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Congrats to everyone and GGs. This was fun after the clusterfuck first week :lol I am salty I did so bad but what can you do =P. I am Freelix =O

Now, about that Team Tourney with Locked Chars....

Axis

Relix said:
Congrats to everyone and GGs. This was fun after the clusterfuck first week :lol I am salty I did so bad but what can you do =P. I am Freelix =O

Now, about that Team Tourney with Locked Chars....

make it happen

Gyrian

OP UPDATED!
Congrats to everyone for running through our first SSFIV Ranbat. :]
We'll gear up for another go soon, remember to post your suggestions for changes here.
The only two things I'm thinking about right away are a smaller player count, and a third match-up rotation.

Some sort of tourney in between seasons would be sweet. Let's do this.

A big thanks to all the players who committed to the event, and Akuma for his huge assistance in running it.

Axis

eissan said:
does team cobra kai come back to life?!?!? haha :D

COULD BE :D

only suggestions i have is maybe bo5 instead of bo3 and that's pretty much it...

i'm happy with top 10...will improve next time

Gyrian

I'd say anyone who put the time to do (or attempt) their fights and wants to have another go gets first dibs at spots for the next season.

No automatic sign-ups, I'm not making any assumptions.
Some people may wish to sit the next one out.

User 406

Banned
My only suggestion
request
for the next season would be allowing random select. It wouldn't lead to counterpicking since the opponent can't see what the character is until the vs loading screen, and if anything but a ? shows up on the character select screen, the other guy can call shenanigans.

Sea Manky said:
My only suggestion
request
for the next season would be allowing random select. It wouldn't lead to counterpicking since the opponent can't see what the character is until the vs loading screen, and if anything but a ? shows up on the character select screen, the other guy can call shenanigans.

The whole point that we're locking to 2 characters is to prevent counterpicking as much as possible. If your main and sub are well enough apart, there should be no worries.

Satyamdas

Banned
My only suggestion for Round 2 would be to have more matches per week, maybe 3 instead of 1. On one hand, I think this would be good for the integrity of the final rankings (because if I am finishing anywhere near the top something is obviously broken), but on the other hand after seeing how many people had trouble with getting 1 (ONE!) freaking match done per week, I'm kind of doubtful this would even be possible.

Top Bottom