• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BotoxAgent said:
The fact that it can easily whiff after a FA crumple is so dumb.

Nice to see more people picking up Guy...we're a minority. And at least we can all suffer together :D
It seems like there's an uptick in Guy players here on GAF. Glad people can see how fun Guy is to play with. It'll be more fun with 3-frame short and fixed TC combo hitbox. :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Satyamdas said:
Also, Threi was saying that this probably means that an OS sweep on a backdash would result in a reset now rather than a knockdown.

Nah I don't think that's what this means. Unless you have a sweep that whiffs on airborne opponents + they're changing backdashes so they don't have any ground frames at all.

USD

Re-reading the blog, that "additional frame advantage for many moves" line was bullshit, it was simply in reference to the improved jab. Removed.
soakrates said:
Heads up, this guy on SRK is saying that USD's translation is a bit off. Namely, it's supposedly Fei's jab rekka that has frame advantage now. If that's true, then wow....
It's definitely not jab Rekka.

遠近立弱パンチ = Far, Close Stand Light Punch (in that order)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
lol at the dude on SRK being like "Funny how the neogaf dude got that shit done right when I did mine, with such a close translation."

What a tard

Kaako

Felium Defensor
DarkoMaledictus said:
Lol what I like to say to them when they say I suck is this :

"Yep, probably one of the worst players ever, an uber scrub... yet I beat you, just food for thought " ;)
Yea definitely thought about something like that but I love to play along. I reconfirm anything bad anyone says about me hahaha. My sadistic nature I guess lol.

USD

Lost Fragment said:
lol at the dude on SRK being like "Funny how the neogaf dude got that shit done right when I did mine, with such a close translation."

What a tard
Yeah I just worried about translating the core information, some mistakes here and there, but mostly correct.

soakrates

USD said:
Re-reading the blog, that "additional frame advantage for many moves" line was bullshit, it was simply in referenced to the improved jab. Removed.

Meh. Unless they fixed the hitbox so that it doesn't whiff against crouchers, I don't really think this is much of an improvement.

USD

soakrates said:
Meh. Unless they fixed the hitbox so that it doesn't whiff against crouchers, I don't really think this is much of an improvement.
This is the main problem. The links from a cr.LP or cr.LK into cr.LP is one frame. They either need to make cr.LP +4 or make his stand jab always hit on crouching opponents.

Satyamdas

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Nah I don't think that's what this means. Unless you have a sweep that whiffs on airborne opponents + they're changing backdashes so they don't have any ground frames at all.
I don't get this. If you're airborne and hit with a sweep is it still an untechable knockdown?

USD

haunts said:
im not a fei player, but will the jab changes help his tick into tenshin game?
It actually weakens it. You have to delay the cancel to Tenshin slightly with a jab that connects already. The timing becomes even harder now (it might even be impossible).

EDIT: For a regular tick (a link into Tenshin), it's better.

soakrates

haunts said:
im not a fei player, but will the jab changes help his tick into tenshin game?
Sorta depends, I guess. As it stands, canceling a blocked jab into ex tenshin leaves about a 3-frame gap to jump or do an invincible move to escape; 4 frames without EX, I believe. On hit, like USD said, it has to be delayed slightly or it whiffs entirely. So it might be more powerful in blockstrings but much harder to land after connecting a jab.

Also, if it's still possible to duck the jab I don't think it will make much difference either way.

USD

The problem with stand jab only kicks in when you're chaining from another light move. A stand jab by itself always connects, but a chain from any light move to stand jab will make the jab whiff.
biosnake20 said:
which characters are next week?
Chun-Li, El Fuerte, Sakura and Cody.

soakrates

USD said:
The problem with stand jab only kicks in when you're chaining from another light move. A stand jab by itself always connects, but a chain from any light move to stand jab will make the jab whiff.

Chun-Li, El Fuerte, Sakura and Cody.
Ah, that's right. Easy to forget these kinds of things when you haven't played the game in months!

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss, finally get to see those cody changes

Cody_04.jpg

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
any picture with haunts is awkward, because he makes the other guys look so fugly.

USD

Thank god for Fei's 5-frame Super (used to be 10 in Vanilla). If I fuck up cr.MP (which is +5) xx Super because of my slow hand speed, there's still that chance I hit the one-frame link instead. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
get blowed up

48704303.png

oh yeah this was tweeted by ono if you were wondering... always a 50% chance we're just being trolled.. :lol

entremet

Damn, Ono. Inafune quit. Go nuts.

More 3rd characters ups the chance of Kuroda taking up IV. At least one could hope. But I don't see it. Kuroda seems to live and breathe the 3s engine.

Satyamdas

Banned
Yoooo, nice to see the Rainbow Edition love. I have special <3 for Rainbow because that was the last version of arcade SF I played before taking an super extended break until SF4. I remember our local 7-11 had it, and seeing the reactions of the people playing it who didn't know about it was always funny. Lots of o_O faces. Ahhhh good times.

somebody said:
Specials
-Her fireball charge kick knocks the opponent higher
-You now combo Fireball charge > Pinwheel, for example
-Less stun and damage on charge kick
If I can get U2 off this...godlike
Ultra
No changes to U1, but because of the changes to the charge kick, it's easier to score knockdowns
uhh...u1 didnt need anything what about u2 capcom and its wildly inconsistant hitboxes?
Other
Faster walk speed (both foward and back)
Improvements to hitbox, EX FA (Not sure about this one, take with a grain of salt)

......hrm. no change to normals...but faster getting in and out...dont have to risk my neck dashing so much...

I think i am going to go indifferent afterall.

USD

AkumaHokoru said:
......hrm. no change to normals...but faster getting in and out...dont have to risk my neck dashing so much...

losing damage and stun on my pressure? really capcom? really? because not being able to stun till someone was near death wasnt bad enough right?
I am...not happy
The damage and stun was only taking about Fuhajin, and since you can combo off of it now (which would give you more of both than before), the loss is certainly worth it.

USD said:
The damage and stun was only taking about Fuhajin, and since you can combo off of it now, the loss is certainly worth it.
If you ever seen me fight...fuhajin is very important to my pressure and more importantly keeping it going. being able to pinwheek after a fuha means now i wont have a fireball off my fuha (because like divekick pinwheel will only combo for 1 hit and only with lk pinwheel because the others are too slow which is useless and seals my fireball away.)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Urien. with charge partitioning. do it. do itttt.

edit: Urien walks like a fucking egyptian, mexican ret-con be damned. deal with it.gif

haunts said:
some1 from shadowloo.com posted this too, interesting --

5aidejds.jpg

Damn, is it Urien or Alex? I'd love to see either! I remember we got lots of Yun and Yang teases right after each other so I hope the next two character are revealed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom