• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MAGO IS ATTENDING THE CANDA CUP 2010!!!!!

God's Beard said:
Aww I invited you twice and you join after I left ;_;

GGs again to Eva, I was shocked when he killed my cMP reset the first time i went for it.

Sorry, I am so close to 10K BP ive been grinding ranked a lot. :lol

i didnt check my messages for a bit last night..

Satyamdas said:
GGs man, <3 dat haunts Sagat rushdown.

hah, thanks. id probably get ultra mauled if I didnt play f. champ a lot. <3 ur sim. :)

haunts said:
MAGO IS ATTENDING THE CANDA CUP 2010!!!!!

Sorry, I am so close to 10K BP ive been grinding ranked a lot. :lol

i didnt check my messages for a bit last night..

hah, thanks. id probably get ultra mauled if I didnt play f. champ a lot. <3 ur sim. :)

Magos comin?

noyphh-295x300.jpg

aw man, I wanna play with Greg, DBJ, Saty, haunts again.

But I have been reclusive lately playing only random battles because you guys are just too gdlk for me.

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
aw man, I wanna play with Greg, DBJ, Saty, haunts again.

But I have been reclusive lately playing only random battles because you guys are just too gdlk for me.
I suck! Play against me!

hitsugi

If sako felt like switching it up at SCR for whatever reason, he has a wide range of characters at his disposal.

In vanilla, he had one of the best vipers as well as akuma, and probably the best Seth I had seen. That was then though.. In Super, we've seen him play rose, ibuki, and chun at respectively high levels. It's doubtful he'd bother switching from Cammy, but Gamerbee and Daigo at the very least should give him some problems... If they play him.

MIMIC

Banned
I just ragequitted the fucking CPU :lol >_<

Trying to get the speed freak achievement. Couldn't fucking take it anymore.

EDIT: Got it.

USD

Don't forget, the last GGO#2 match starts in about 12 hours:

Wednesday
6:30 AM EDT - Uryo VS YHC-Mochi

CURRENT RANKS:

Code:
Mago:	5-0
Sako:	4-1
Uryo:	2-3
Mochi:	2-3
Daigo: 	1-4
Momochi:1-4

This is a battle for third place.

Uryo took their last match 10-8, though Mochi did surprisingly well, considering the match-up. Third place takes 50K yen (about $600) while forth gets 30K (about $360).

God's Beard said:
Gootecks and Mike Mike "The People's Champ" Ross Ross commentating, Justin Wong, Mago, Daigo fighting, Sp00ky streaming?

SCR on blast.
Not the same weekend. Well, except for spooky streaming SFC

What I like about Street Fighter is that all the top players made it there with different playstyles.

Daigo has his unrelenting confidence.
Sako's robotic execution.
Justin Wong's ability to read the opponent.
Mago's all-around competence.
Kuroda's encyclopedic creativity.
Tomo Ohira's download speed.

Whereas the best Quake player is pretty much the guy with the better reflexes.

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
What I like about Street Fighter is that all the top players made it there with different playstyles.

Don't forget Mike Ross's uncanny ability to clutch shit out, and by the same token Art's uncanny ability to choke wins away (don't hate me, still <3 u Art!!).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
AkumaHokoru said:
I already mentioned that but then that would make it dumb and juri would become "that" character so I dont think capcom will let this happen.
In the anime Juri is SSS Tier and basically spams FSE and fuhajins from all her normals.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
God's Beard said:

well there's also accuracy, map competence, using weapons correctly. Q3a was a damn fun game.

Hitokage said:
In the anime Juri is SSS Tier and basically spams FSE and fuhajins from all her normals.
dont forget standing mk beats missiles.

in the span of 48 hrs

she put chun li and guile out of commission wrecked cammy and the 12 dolls that bison has then started her plans on taking out bison and seth.

haunts said:
get blowed up

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4707/48704303.png[IMG]

oh yeah this was tweeted by ono if you were wondering... always a 50% chance we're just being trolled.. :lol[/QUOTE]

I'm just hoping that 'Sim is doing a HP Flame, and that it's 1 frame start up :lol

kitzkozan

Satyamdas said:
Don't forget Mike Ross's uncanny ability to clutch shit out, and by the same token Art's uncanny ability to choke wins away (don't hate me, still <3 u Art!!).

Art biggest problem is that he's not Sako if you get what I mean (the anti execution god). :lol
Arturo lack of execution is well known and he admit so himself.

Just like in sports,you have these peoples with incredible knowledge but the raw skill isn't up there to match that knowledge (these athletes end up better as coaches). :p

Still find him entertaining since I love cerebral playstyle and hey,they celebrated their victory over Art as winning world war 3 so the guy is respected like crazy. :D :lol

Satyamdas

Banned
kitzkozan said:
Art biggest problem is that he's not Sako if you get what I mean (the anti execution god). :lol
Arturo lack of execution is well known and he admit so himself.

Just like in sports,you have these peoples with incredible knowledge but the raw skill isn't up there to match that knowledge (these athletes end up better as coaches). :p

Still find him entertaining since I love cerebral playstyle and hey,they celebrated their victory over Art as winning world war 3 so the guy is respected like crazy. :D :lol
I know Art's execution is considered mid tier, but I'd fucking kill to have half of his ability. I just don't think anybody who can play Seth like he does can be considered "weak" when it comes to execution, but then again when compared against robots like Sako and Justin etc., I guess it makes sense.

_Xenon_

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:
I already mentioned that but then that would make it dumb and juri would become "that" character so I dont think capcom will let this happen.
How does it work? Fireball charge requires holding one kick button then how to do the Ultra motion with only 2 buttons?

My guess is fireball kick (or close HP) -> lk pinwheel -> FA cancel dash -> U2.

MarkMan said:
What'd I say about Mago! ;)
Bring Mago to EVO2011 + SB6 for (2d) god's sake !!!

LakeEarth

Satyamdas said:
Well to be fair, its a lot easier to clutch it out with Honda's damage and a lot easier to fuck up your lead with Dhalsim's inability to get out of bad situations.

_Xenon_ said:
How does it work? Fireball charge requires holding one kick button then how to do the Ultra motion with only 2 buttons?

My guess is fireball kick (or close HP) -> lk pinwheel -> FA cancel dash -> U2.

Bring Mago to EVO2011 + SB6 for (2d) god's sake !!!
You would have to negate the release. (hold the button long enough to store it but let go before she recovers so she cant actually launch the fireball.

Satyamdas

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Well to be fair, its a lot easier to clutch it out with Honda's damage and a lot easier to fuck up your lead with Dhalsim's inability to get out of bad situations.
There's no need to be "fair" about anything though. Each character's abilities and weaknesses are well known, and it still comes down the player's ability to pull out the win (Ross vs. Dr. Chaos) or let it slip from their fingers (Art vs. Gamerbee).

Just got this game. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this franchise. I got some questions...

Does the PS3 version have significantly less players online?

I suck. Will getting an arcade stick help me at all?

If yes, is there a big difference between the standard 70$ madcatz one and the 150$ tournament edition?

Thanks guys!

DR2K

Banned
dannybaccala said:
Just got this game. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this franchise. I got some questions...

If yes, is there a big difference between the standard 70$ madcatz one and the 150$ tournament edition?

Thanks guys!

PS3 version does have less players online, but nothing significant.

If you don't know how to use a stick then it isn't helpful.

The $150 one(TE) has higher quality parts.

dannybaccala said:

Thanks guys!
Arcade stick doesn't make you better at the game. Certain characters require a level of execution in which an arcade stick would help tremendously. But if you are just trying to block, do simple combos, and ultras, the controller is good enough. Madcatz usually has sales and you can find TE sticks for $100 shipped. If you are serious about this game, get the tournament edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom