• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
robotzombie said:
so, is there any "best" way of going about getting the costumes, or do you just have to bite the bullet and buy the full set? I mean do they ever have sales or anything of the sort that would ease the immense feeling of literally being robbed at gunpoint?
I don't think you understand what the word "literally" means.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Art > Flash > Uryo > Mochi

♥Team Spooky :D

30voob8.jpg

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lost Fragment said:
Not sure how any of that statement is untrue. The last bit is debatable I guess, but hk karakusa has pretty good range. If you include karakara in this then...yeah, there's nothing in that statement that's untrue.

Either way, it's not really fair to criticize Seth when he was commenting on a build of the game where you could (supposedly) kara with f+hk.

yeah, there was a build where her grab was super disgusting, not to mention you could easily kara-kara with LK, so yeah its not seths fault. its a shame they watered her down so much :(

Leunam

robotzombie said:
It's fun to know this place promotes childishness over simply answering someone's video game related question

You can either buy the costume packs separately now or wait until the 1 year anniversary of SSF4 to buy the whole pack.

The best way to ease the feeling of having a gun held to your head is to realize that you aren't forced to buy anything.

Also, your name is robotzombie, ffs.

USD

robotzombie said:
It's fun to know this place promotes childishness over simply answering someone's video game related question
If you only want to buy a few costumes, buy the individual packs. If you want all of them, wait for the full pack at a slightly reduced overall price. There's really not much else to say.

God's Beard said:
I'm resigning as GAF Dudley. Chaotix is much better than me now, I remember being about the same level last time we fought. He tends to use attacks that actually have a good percentage of hitting people. Mine are easy to block.

GGs Chaotix, I don't know why the internet died during our last fight, I guess my yoga inferno burned out the router.

Time to spend more PP leveling up Guy.

yanV7.gif

Rest in peace, good buddy. It's been fun.

I've played you and here are some advice.

I think your issues are that you concentrate too much on landing big combos and then disregarding the fundamentals.

You never do any anti airs..I'm always jumping in for free.

On wake up you always do the same overhead over and over...

also you never do any footsie or poke....I tried to use multiple characters on you just for you can see that you fall for the same techniques regardless who I chose.

Hitokage said:
And he does.

LOL:lol :lol

shinshoryuken said:

I think your issues are that you concentrate too much on landing big combos and then disregarding the fundamentals.

You are never to do any anti airs..I'm always jumping in for free.

also you never do any footsie or poke....I tried to use multiple characters on you just for you can see that you fall for the same techniques regardless who I chose.

In other words, Gods Bears needs to L2P street fighter?!:lol :lol

i keed i keed

edit - I was going to correct my typo, but I think i like gods bears more

Hitokage said:
Arguing over trivialities is what we do best.

I wouldn't have cared if the triviality wasn't over the use of a phrase that has a commonly accepted use as exaggeration. Especially since I only suggested it evoked the same feeling as "literally being held at gunpoint". If I said "It's like donut being held at gunpoint" then I could have understood the criticism.

That aside, thanks for the actual responses. I haven't bought ANY of the costume packs yet, even the original set, so I wanted to make sure the whole complete sets don't often go on sale or something, so I don't buy it and find out the next week they are half off.

vulva

robotzombie said:
I wouldn't have cared if the triviality wasn't over the use of a phrase that has a commonly accepted use as exaggeration.
Since when has the misuse of the word 'literally' been commonly accepted? I haven't joined that world yet, and I don't want to future man.

Happy Phantom said:
Since when has the misuse of the word 'literally' been commonly accepted? I haven't joined that world yet, and I don't want to future man.

I'd actually read the statement first before continuing to speak of it incorrectly. You see, I stated that something evoked the feeling of literally etc. etc. And yes, the word "literally", BECAUSE of its defined meaning, is very often used as a form of extreme exaggeration. But all of this is nonsense anyway, as my original question has been answered.

Threi

notag
to be fair with that mak pic, her hitbox is pretty far forward from her neutral standing state. It doesn't have spd range but it is at least more than a grab.

...not to mention that ex kara has super armor...and is a guaranteed full nonscaled (as far as i know) ultra if it hits...

Fraeon

Threi said:
to be fair with that mak pic, her hitbox is pretty far forward from her neutral standing state. It doesn't have spd range but it is at least more than a grab.

With a range of 0.3, I highly doubt it has more than a normal grab's range.

shinshoryuken said:

You are never to do any anti airs..I'm always jumping in for free.

The sad thing is that I know all that and don't change. I write it down, I tell myself, I practice block strings and anti-airs, but then I fuck up when I fight people. Part of the reason I'm dropping Dudley is because he's not a good character for my level of ability. I spend my time constructing 600 damage combos and it feeds back into my playstyle. It's like, I always want to show off, so I fish for that big overhead or lift instead of blocking or going for a cLP. I always try to Duck under jumps instead of punishing(sometimes I block a lot because I'm trying to read crossups better).

For fucks sake, I picked Fei Long against Chaotix and did EX Tenshin into taunt. Then lost.

I picked Guy because he's not a fancy character with big combos or super reliable moves. I want to have better reaction times and strategy like when I played 3s instead of just having good execution and no time to use it.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Threi said:

...not to mention that ex kara has super armor...and is a guaranteed full nonscaled (as far as i know) ultra if it hits...
yea, its not normal grab range, and kara recovers slower than whiff Ultra1(i think, if not close), so you cant fail or you'll fail.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
The sad thing is that I know all that and don't change. I write it down, I tell myself, I practice block strings and anti-airs, but then I fuck up when I fight people. Part of the reason I'm dropping Dudley is because he's not a good character for my level of ability. I spend my time constructing 600 damage combos and it feeds back into my playstyle. It's like, I always want to show off, so I fish for that big overhead or lift instead of blocking or going for a cLP. I always try to Duck under jumps instead of punishing(sometimes I block a lot because I'm trying to read crossups better).

For fucks sake, I picked Fei Long against Chaotix and did EX Tenshin into taunt. Then lost.

I picked Guy because he's not a fancy character with big combos or super reliable moves. I want to have better reaction times and strategy like when I played 3s instead of just having good execution and no time to use it.

You should try winning matches just using normal moves alone. I gotta agree with ShinShoryuken that you need to get a better feel for the ranges of your normal moves. This is just based on the few times we've played tho. :p

haunts said:
You should try winning matches just using normal moves alone. I gotta agree with ShinShoryuken that you need to get a better feel for the ranges of your normal moves. This is just based on the few times we've played tho. :p

Yeah, I'll definitely do this, I'm always scared about throwing things out there, and I whiff so many times when I do.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so who is the "go-to" guy if I'm looking for the best Balrog player out there?

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
..I did? I remember once I got a DP like 3 seconds after I hit some button for whatever reason, but I don't remember ever really using the DP, just like one EX and the double dp after a crumple(which is itself a bad habit).

You whiffed a few of them in situations where I would of counter hit you. Check your replays if you have them (this is a good habit to get into and I should do it more myself). Also, using cross counter got you hit by some pretty big combos too. It's pretty much useless outside of crossups and even then you're guessing.

And I'd have to agree that playing Duds using just his normals will make you much better. Anti airing with him is one of the most important parts of his game, and it's something I'm still not consistent enough with myself.

Dudley's not exactly an easy character to play so don't feel the need to give him up just because you're losing now. It'll just make things all the sweeter when he gets those buffs in AE.

Not gonna lie, you hit the overhead > standing RH combo pretty consistently those times I guessed wrong. :p

God's Beard said:

I think Guy is even more fancy and complicated to use.

You will need alot of hit confirming and baiting the opponent to stand up.

It would be nice if he has a move that force to stand..like shotos cr. fierce.

USD

My accidental Supers are making me look better than I actually am. :lol Catching a Dudley Ducking, then a Sakura trying to EX Sho safely out the corner.
Garcian said:
Not a Rog player - does TAP hit harder if you keep it charged?
560 damage for charging it 56 seconds. Add the 1.25 multiplier for counter hit damage (700), and you're looking at damage only the most powerful combos can match.

USD said:
560 damage for charging it 56 seconds. Add the 1.25 multiplier for counter hit damage (700), and you're looking at damage only the most powerful combos can match.

You could also throw in Super and kill nearly half the cast. Of the remaining 12 of them could probably be chipped to death with a simple jab straight. I think that's without a doubt the most damaging combo in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom