• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
wow i'm impressed how rugged this SNES stick is, I was convinced something would have broken off ityesterday. Guess I have pretty good handiwork :lol

LakeEarth

Solune said:
Haha Canada's scene is WEAK, really weak.
No doubt there are good players from here but not anyone that could compete internationally anyways.
The only arcades in Canada are the ones you find in movie theatres.

hitsugi

AkumaHokoru said:
The Hot Names for some of the Secret 7 this time are

*Rolento
Alex
*R.Mika
Q
Elena
Poison(might be them trolling and actually hugo)

The chars with * next to their name were supposed to be in Super (in mika's case ono wanted her in vanilla) so those 2 have a really high chance of making it.

Poison would be interesting strictly from a "that's really hot" perspective.. but yeah, most likely trolling for Hugo if that were the case. I didn't know R.Mika was so close to making it in D: can't really imagine her being popular at all.. I kinda thought more people were on Karin than her to be honest.

XenoRaven

I'm not so sure Mika was considered because of her status as a fan favorite...

That said, I HAVE always thought a smaller and more mobile grappling type character that isn't El Fuerte would be fun. I have no idea if that's how Mika played in Alpha though.

hitsugi said:
Poison would be interesting strictly from a "that's really hot" perspective.. but yeah, most likely trolling for Hugo if that were the case. I didn't know R.Mika was so close to making it in D: can't really imagine her being popular at all.. I kinda thought more people were on Karin than her to be honest.

You sir are correct.. Karin not being in there is a crime I tell you, a CRIME.

Babalu.

question: i went back a few pages and people are talking about new characters. Was something announced recently?

From what I can gather, theres going to be DLC with new characters and balance fixes? Or is this just for the new arcade release?

question 2: when is the costume pack bundle with everyones costumes going to be released and for how much?

Babalu. said:
question: i went back a few pages and people are talking about new characters. Was something announced recently?

From what I can gather, theres going to be DLC with new characters and balance fixes? Or is this just for the new arcade release?

question 2: when is the costume pack bundle with everyones costumes going to be released and for how much?
Ask us again in 4 hours.

God's Beard said:
Everything rides on Q's inclusion. That's all I want, none of the other characters matter to me even a little bit. Q's even better than Dudley.
this man gets it.

LakeEarth said:
I don't know why everyone wants Q, gameplay-wise. He's so Balrog-like.
and this one doesn't

the only thing balrog-like about Q is that he shares one of the same moves

Question 2 I think on the 27th and $15

Babalu. said:

TimeKillr

Pandaman said:
fixed that for you.

you're out in vancouver dude, atleast here i can bump into toronto/ottawa/montreal people at the average tourney.

we've got the population of socal in the second largest country in the world. thats the problem. >_>

Exactly. Here in Montreal we have a bunch of VERY skilled players (Chi-Rithy, FreddyL0C0, etc).

I don't think I've seen you in our tourneys but hey. :)

BTW, I'm on Live right now. If anybody wants to play me just send me an invite - look up TimeKillr on XBL.

LakeEarth said:
I don't know why everyone wants Q, gameplay-wise. He's so Balrog-like.
YVXEi.gif

gibration

I would rather have Rolento more than Q but I would also rather have Q more than R.Mika. They should just bring one 3rd Strike and one Alpha 3 character back to balance both out in terms of numbers.

LakeEarth

I did love Q in 3rd Strike, and hitting his SAIII was always a fun challenge. But like Makoto, I just don't see him working well with the SF4 engine (though I can see his command throw being quite useful). If they do include him, I hope they have the balls to change some of his normals.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno if it's already been posted or not but...

GODSGARDEN ONLINE Final! 対戦スケジュール

餅(ダルシム) vs sako(キャミィ) 7/31(土) 20:00~

http://godsgarden.jp/

Dexa

Banned
any boxer - bison matchup hints? it seems to be in the complete favor of bison for me ... mashable specials just beat all of my moves.

Garcian

Dexa said:
any boxer - bison matchup hints? it seems to be in the complete favor of bison for me ... mashable specials just beat all of my moves.

I'd say it's just slightly in boxer's favour.

Rog's cr.hp deals with any cross up attempts & in close, cr.jab stuffs scissors start up & so on. If Bison is dumb enough to throw out a stomp, just do the usual walk back & punish with the combo of your choice. Once you get a life lead, you can just turtle him out.

I'm not fond of the boxer match up :/

LakeEarth said:
I did love Q in 3rd Strike, and hitting his SAIII was always a fun challenge. But like Makoto, I just don't see him working well with the SF4 engine (though I can see his command throw being quite useful). If they do include him, I hope they have the balls to change some of his normals.

Q was already an SF4 character in 3rd Strike. He'd be perfectly fine if they didn't change a damn thing. Dash punch into Deadly Double awww yeaaaah.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
LakeEarth said:
1st you say he's like Balrog...than, you cant see him working in SF4 engine? :lol

Dexa said:
Nah. I'd say this is one of the most 5-5 match-ups in the game. It's pretty much all about which player has the best footsies.
cr.fierce is good in this match-up given you know your spacing, as Bison can get a counter-hit jump-in fierce combo out of it.

LakeEarth

~Devil Trigger~ said:
1st you say he's like Balrog...than, you cant see him working in SF4 engine? :lol
Barlog with horrible normals and a slow command throw. If they don't actually put an effort in making his normals better, I see another Makoto-like situation coming.

They didn't pick Makoto, Ibuki and Dudley for SSFIV because everyone loved them (though Dudley and Makoto were fan favorites, hardly anyone played Ibuki in 3s), but because they had unique movesets that wasn't present in Vanilla. Q was Balrog-like, Necro is Dhalsim-like (althoug the 3s engine didn't cater to Dhalsim-like play), Remy was a Guile-Sagat combination, Hugo similar to Zangief, etc etc. Even Alex has a lot of similarities to Honda.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
LakeEarth said:
Barlog with horrible normals and a slow command throw. If they don't actually put an effort in making his normals better, I see another Makoto-like situation coming.
so buff up a couple of Q's normals, how can you not see him work in SF4.

and Mak's normals are actually awesome, its her specials that needs a look into

Q's taunt should be a special like Hakan's, only stackable instead of timed, and the EX version knocks back fireballs like Soul Reflect :D

Also, Q finally gives them another reason to use wall bounce :lol

hitsugi

WTF... birdie?! :lol

I've only played Q a handful of times, but that's a handful more than I've bothered with Birdie. I'd take Sodom over Birdie. With Guy and Cody already in, he'd be a better fit.

Wait a fucking second. If Deadly Double becomes an ultra...

Capture and Deadly Blow, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, jab Dash Punch xx Deadly Double?

Wiseblade

Oh come on, I can't be the only person in the world who likes Birdie. Him and Sean are the only people left that I would like to see in Super.

And Skullomania!

LakeEarth

God's Beard said:
Wait a fucking second. If Deadly Double becomes an ultra...

Capture and Deadly Blow, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, jab Dash Punch xx Deadly Double?
Then you could juggle Deadly Double into yet another dash punch. Though in 3s, EX dash punch would only allow the juggle once so you couldn't do it 4 times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom