• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God's Beard said:
And nobody runs 3 screens away from a fireball. It's a combo gif. As long as the counter keeps going, it counts. I was just trying to make a Jojo character look like Dudley.

By the way, is Jojo the only game that lets you tech out of juggles? Given how insane the ground combos are in the game, the fact that juggles are so limited is strange.
Animu games have that. Melty, GG, Blaz, etc. Ususally invalid combos do more damage/dont suffer as much scaling as a reward. They're not-quite-resets.

Desk put up a one handed combo vid
http://www.youtube.com/user/biffotasty

http://www.versuscity.net/2011/02/04/the-three-gods-rap-part-3/

Recently Sakura seems a bit dangerous, doesn’t she?

Mago: I’ve been thinking that really, Sakura is strong as hell, isn’t she?

Daigo: Yeah her attack power has been buffed a bit.

Tokido: Her ability to buffer Shouoken off of Crouching MK is definitely strong.

Mago: Crouching HP as an anti-air is crazy good too, even if you use it only once, most, if not all characters will eat it.

Okay, finally, how’s Juri? Compared to SSFIV she’s gotten a power boost

Daigo: Hate Juri. I don’t know why though.

lol

Fraeon

I just watched the latest Excellent Adventures. Holy fucking crap! Funniest on so far. "You got bodied by a Hakan." :D

Also, desk is not human.

XenoRaven

Markman's teasing a bat top TE. Can't post it because I'm on my phone but it's the top story on iPlaywinner.

I don't want to buy another stick, but the prospect of a bat top intrigues me as I generally handle the stick like a ham-fisted gorilla.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kadey said:
Kaako is going to win EVO. I'll put $2000 on it.
Yo with that vote of confidence, Evo will be a baby step. God's Garden in sight, Japan bout to get bodied as well.
Wouldn't be possible w/out Kadey training though; hit me up on PSN gurrrl.

entremet

I hope this thread doesn't die after MvC3 is out. I'm definitely excited for it, but old school, traditional SF will always be my first love in the fighting game genre.

hitsugi

entrement said:
I hope this thread doesn't die after MvC3 is out. I'm definitely excited for it, but old school, traditional SF will always be my first love in the fighting game genre.

don't worry, it'll be back in June.

or at least an AE thread should be in full force by then D:

entrement said:

It'll take a bit of a hit, but I won't stop playing.

entrement said:

I'm not going anywhere, I'm more excited for AE then MvC3. I'm getting MvC3, but I'm not excited about it. I'm going to have to spend some time with it to see if it can bring back that spark I had with MvC2. But I'm the same as you, traditional SF will always come first before anything else for me.

Solune

Rice-Eater said:
I'm not going anywhere, I'm more excited for AE then MvC3. I'm getting MvC3, but I'm not excited about it. I'm going to have to spend some time with it to see if it can bring back that spark I had with MvC2. But I'm the same as you, traditional SF will always come first before anything else for me.

What? Dude, blasphemy. You can't be getting MvC3 and NOT be excited.

I'll be juggling both, the place where the CenCal crew plays will have 3 setups for marvel and 3 setups for super. But im mostly sticking to playing offline only nowadays with those guys.

But i'll still be active here

Also, a bit off topic

But whoever is doing the MVC3 thread add my name to the OP for PSN because I will be creating a new PSN gafchat for MVC3. Just to let people know who to add to receive an invite if they'd like one.

So whoever is doing the official thread PM me like a day before you post it up so I can get that squared away.

Thanks!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
entrement said:

I'm sure it'll still be active, just less so. I'm gonna give MVC3 a shot, but I've never been really into Marvel so I don't know how much I'm gonna like it. There are probably others who feel the same. I'm more hype for MK personally, but that game might not end up being that great so who knows.

SF4 GAF has had a good run either way.

Imm0rt4l

Conceited said:
Just had a few games against ghettoperu, what a beast.
I fought him 2 nights ago, best rog I've ever played, I got mollywhopped. After playing him I fought a 20K sagat using gouken and raped him something serious.

vocab

God's Beard said:
Ok... so the most people I ever see in Jojo on GGPO is 4, and all of the sudden there's 35 people, which is 3s levels. WTF

Marvel 3 practice?

Get out of here. 35? All time record. Maybe I'll hop on to play some ST, and Jojo's today. Stock HRAP3 buttons, and used and abused loose sanwa stick here I come.

Rocwell

God's Beard said:
Ok... so the most people I ever see in Jojo on GGPO is 4, and all of the sudden there's 35 people, which is 3s levels. WTF

Marvel 3 practice?
LI Joe just gave the game his seal of approval in that MvC3 video that came out, maybe that had something to do with it?

Opiate

In to the gaming forum for a week!

I'm actually looking to buy a hitbox soon and join the fun. Which system should I buy for? And what is the best configuration for a hitbox (Which is what I want)?

notworksafe

Speaking of dual mods, has anyone had any luck with the PS360 PCBs? I have a PS3 SE that I wanted to dual mod and getting a PS360 seems like the easiest way to do it.

USD

Level|Up is going to be streaming an AE tournament from Round 1 Arcade later today, starting at 2PM PST (4.5 hours from now).

64-man tourney, here's a list of the participants.

Or if you're too lazy to click the link: Valle, Wong, Combofiend, Marn, Floe, Mike Ross, James Chen, AndyOCR, Warahk, Tatsu, LainySky, Keno, UltraDavid, Hugo 101, Jayce will all be there.

I really need to get with one of you this coming week to help tone up my Claw. I'm not completely terrible, but my wake up defense sucks much ass :^(

Threi

notag
The waiting list for hitboxes seems to be pretty long IIRC (due to both the fact that it's increasing in popularity and that its only two dudes making it)

Their thread is on SRK: http://shoryuken.com/f177/hit-box-stickless-arcade-stick-259006/

Just buy it for whatever system you use. For modding retail sticks like the Madcatz TE it's a better idea to get the xbox 360 version as it's a lot easier to mod a 360 stick to work on PS3 than vice versa.

This guy is selling replacement TE panels, the hitbox layout being one of them: http://shoryuken.com/f177/project-llc-steel-panel-replacements-te-hrap-diy-etc-264080/

Hitbox layout uses different size buttons though (all are 24mm except the up button) so you would have to buy buttons to replace them as well.

All in all, not a very cheap investment unless you build it yourself. Then, it's potentially cheaper since buying 4 buttons costs less than a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom