• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Satyamdas said:
The difference is so small as to be meaningless in actual practice. It just comes down to comfort and personal preference.
I don't know about that, from all accounts it's said to be more useful for charge moves and for jump->instant attack shenanigans. Only downside seems to be for 360 and 720 moves.

Just admit you irrationally hate it, Saty!

El Sloth

Banned
UltraDan is awesome.

Xevren said:
Tried all that. Keeps doing the same thing. Plays for about 5 seconds, pauses, then just does it again.
Maybe it's your internet connection itself? Because honestly it's fine over here.

Actually you could also try popping the stream out and closing the tab with the chat.

Edgeward

Man, it sucks when I live in Cali yet my stream connection fucking sucks for levelup/ustream. Now it's skipping all over the place. But I have to stay on cause I donated and want to win a stick. ._.

jlai

MrMephistoX said:
Yea...no. Looks like I'll be sticking with PS3 this go round for Marvel too. I had second thoughts but Gaf Chat on PSN sold me again.

Enjoy the inferior competition, amirite? :)

JOKING!

Satyamdas

Banned
El Sloth said:
I don't know about that, from all accounts it's said to be more useful for charge moves and for jump->instant attack shenanigans. Only downside seems to be for 360 and 720 moves.

Just admit you irrationally hate it, Saty!
More useful? I don't buy it. Who is struggling with charge moves or instant air attacks on a stick besides beginners? I'm sure there are people who can perform those things better on a Hitbox than on a stick, but the reverse is certainly also true, which means that ultimately it's an issue of personal preference rather than one being superior to the other.

And I fully admit I hate those things. They offend my old school sensibilities. Might as well be playing SF on a Trak-Ball or a steering wheel! :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Opiate said:
I'm under the impression that the inputs are generally considered more rapid? You can press buttons faster than you can move a stick.

That's my understanding, anyway. Is that under contention?

I've never heard of hit boxes before. I've heard of keyboard/arcade button hybrids (WASD or similar for QCF's/directions, buttons for L/M/H P/K's). Just looks weird to me.

If you can play with it, cool. But I don't think there's an "official" PS3/360/PC hitbox. As opposed to an arcade stick.

Just got back from the London Nintendo 3DS presentation, managed to get my hands on Super Street Fighter 4.

It's pretty amazing how faithful it is to the console version. Running at around 40 frames per second (a complete guess), works incredibly well. The 3D effect was the subtlest I experienced out of all the games I managed to get my hands on.

I ended up using the d-pad to try and do my gdlk combos, which was a little difficult as I main Balrog and I couldn't quite get headbutt out of low short, but that will definitely be something that is achievable.

The analogue nub is a bit strange, works perfectly, I just wished it was slightly tighter.

The only mode I could play was Arcade. All characters have 2 other costumes already unlocked.

Very impressed.

El Sloth

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Just got back from the London Nintendo 3DS presentation, managed to get my hands on Super Street Fighter 4.

It's pretty amazing how faithful it is to the console version. Running at around 40 frames per second (a complete guess), works incredibly well. The 3D effect was the subtlest I experienced out of all the games I managed to get my hands on.

I ended up using the d-pad to try and do my gdlk combos, which was a little difficult as I main Balrog and I couldn't quite get headbutt out of low short, but that will definitely be something that is achievable.

The analogue nub is a bit strange, works perfectly, I just wished it was slightly tighter.

The only mode I could play was Arcade. All characters have 2 other costumes already unlocked.

Very impressed.
Which did you prefer using, the D-Pad or Nub? Also, how easy is it to abuse the instant charge moves with the touch screen?

El Sloth said:
Which did you prefer using, the D-Pad or Nub? Also, how easy is it to abuse the instant charge moves with the touch screen?

Preferred the d-pad by far but the stick was fine, needed it to mash out 360s. I think both are very viable.

You can only assign two moves and in all honesty, I didn't really try it. Playing Arcade mode where it was feeling like it was training mode as the computer controlled player did nothing. It does seem that it will help people get those links in combos they can't quite seem to get. And I would state that it's a good thing.

USD

Vic the Slick is quickly becoming my favorite Bison player.
El Sloth said:
Anyone know who won, MYK or the Bison player?
Guessing by how quickly the match went, I guess it was G-Unit.

Threi

notag
oh poor poor cammy having it so hard. Especially compared to Dan which capcom gave everything...

i legitimately feel sorry for james chen. Working so much harder with little to no payoff.

h3ro

Conceited said:
Maybe David is secretly hWnd.

usYYN.jpg

Prezhulio

these community spotlights are really having me boot up some games i loved but haven't had time for- first tf2 and now i'm thinking a few hours of ssfiv will do the soul some good.

is there a gaf group going on psn right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom