• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vg260

cHaotix8 said:
AE is pretty dumb. I'm still hoping for one more balance patch. :'<

I hate the way they're intentionally (according to Ono) making the game less balanced, then walking away. I have no interest in buying an update that's going to spoil the great character variety you see in Super due to very good balancing.

I hope there is one more patch as well. Don't want the last stamp of SF4 to be the twins. If it went out on SSF4, that would had been a good deal.

rivals

Yeah I'm just picking it back up and getting really into it so I'd be incredibly disappointed if this is the last thing that we get out of SF4.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So, I'm guessing that we're gonna do a new thread when AE comes out? I propose the title be "Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition |OT| FRONT OF THE BUS, MAKOTO!"

Yun and Yang are on a completely different bus

USD

Lost Fragment said:
So, I'm guessing that we're gonna do a new thread when AE comes out? I propose the title be "Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition |OT| FRONT OF THE BUS, MAKOTO!"

Yun and Yang are on a completely different bus
Pfft, bus. The twins are flying first-class, wining and dining.

kitzkozan

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I hope there is one more patch as well. Don't want the last stamp of SF4 to be the twins. If it went out on SSF4, that would had been a good deal.

On the other hands, the complete and intact version of AE could make it so SF x Tekken completely overtake it. I haven't even heard about comeback mechanics or saw those tag team ultra seen in the reveal trailer, so this would be huge for the competitive scene. SF x Tekken could easily become the main FG in the west next year, even if a lot of people didn't care for it initially since SF fans barely cross over to Tekken.

kitzkozan said:
On the other hands, the complete and intact version of AE could make it so SF x Tekken completely overtake it. I haven't even heard about comeback mechanics or saw those tag team ultra seen in the reveal trailer, so this would be huge for the competitive scene. SF x Tekken could easily become the main FG in the west next year, even if a lot of people didn't care for it initially since SF fans barely cross over to Tekken.

I was thinking about that. Maybe they intend SFxTekken to replace SF4 series.

It looks like SF4 basically. Maybe it will transition the active player base.

Part of me thinks maybe it will play so completely different than SF4, it will be it's separate thing and that SF4 type gameplay will keep it's player base.

It will be interesting how this plays out in the tourny scene next year.

Satyamdas

Banned
kitzkozan said:
Yeah, I reallllllllllllllllllllly don't see that happening. I think it'll do better than most people expected, but I envision no scenario in which the 2 headed monster of SF & MvC doesn't reign supreme as far as support, sales, and tournament turnout. And I think TxSF will have a fraction of the impact that SFxT does.

People love to bitch and moan about overpowered characters and imbalance and x-factor and every other fucking thing under the sun, but in the end they still come back and play the games because at their core they are brilliantly designed and fun to play despite their respective BS.

vissione

Banned
Isn't the plan just taking over the market of the 1 on 1 fighter, the 2 on 2 tag fighter, and the 3 on 3 versus mashup fighter? I mean... What else is there but that? Or a new Darkstalkers.

Satyamdas

Banned
vissione said:
Or a new Darkstalkers.
sasquatch-dance1.gif

kitzkozan

Satyamdas said:
Yeah, I reallllllllllllllllllllly don't see that happening. I think it'll do better than most people expected, but I envision no scenario in which the 2 headed monster of SF & MvC doesn't reign supreme as far as support, sales, and tournament turnout. And I think TxSF will have a fraction of the impact that SFxT does.

People love to bitch and moan about overpowered characters and imbalance and x-factor and every other fucking thing under the sun, but in the end they still come back and play the games because at their core they are brilliantly designed and fun to play despite their respective BS.

Don't be so sure about that one and here's why:

SF x Tekken will be the IV engine with faster speed and more aggressive gameplay. Add the juggle system of Tekken in a toned down form and you will see a lot of people who never got into it because of the ludicrous juggling flock to it. The fact that Tekken characters can now perform super will definitively add a flashy factor to them. If the game doesn't have any comeback mechanics, it will mean the game will eat a lot of the IV and MvC3 pro playerbase. From a pure gameplay perspective, I could see this becoming huge by the time it's released. Having the IV team behind it mean a solid retail package with spectator mode and extras. The biggest question mark will be the quality of the online netcode of course.

Satyamdas

Banned
kitzkozan said:
Don't be so sure about that one and here's why:

SF x Tekken will be the IV engine with faster speed and more aggressive gameplay. Add the juggle system of Tekken in a toned down form and you will see a lot of people who never got into it because of the ludicrous juggling flock to it. The fact that Tekken characters can now perform super will definitively add a flashy factor to them. If the game doesn't have any comeback mechanics, it will mean the game will eat a lot of the IV and MvC3 pro playerbase. From a pure gameplay perspective, I could see this becoming huge by the time it's released. Having the IV team behind it mean a solid retail package with spectator mode and extras. The biggest question mark will be the quality of the online netcode of course.
I think you are making the comeback mechanic into more of an issue than it actually is. Ultras are not keeping anyone from playing SSF4, pros or not. And I think you are missing the fact that a lot of SF players will refuse to play a SF with Tekken style juggling, even if it is toned down. The gameplay looks clunky and not nearly as fluid as the SF they know and love. So far the only thing I see about the game that is remotely appealing is the dinosaur stage.

Satyamdas

Banned
How does offering one's predictions for something preclude an ability to observe what will eventually happen? No one is making any definitive statements or predictions, we're just speculating for funsies. Does this offend you somehow? I thought this was a discussion forum, after all.

I hate that AE is going to be final version of SF4. I keep thinking that the resources that went to create 4 characters could have been used instead to bring in 2 unique characters. Whether it's Rolento, Elena, Karin, or Oro. The twins, evil ryu, and oni all feel a bit underwhelming.

Satyamdas said:
How does offering one's predictions for something preclude an ability to observe what will eventually happen? No one is making any definitive statements or predictions, we're just speculating for funsies. Does this offend you somehow? I thought this was a discussion forum, after all.

It's too early. We don't even know the weight of Mortal Kombat and that game comes out next week. Do we even know if there's a comeback mechanic or not in SFxT?

I myself rather make predictions with more info, but that's just me. I suppose the actual funsies will be looking back at your own posts to see how right you were.

kitzkozan talking about the impact of AE though...I think the west has a smaller tolerance to abruptly strong characters than Japan. And if the twins get that much attention over there, then it doesn't spell good things for AE here. The other side of it is, that even with twins being strong, there are other strong characters...and perhaps the higher plateau of commonly used characters produces a more fun game than super.

Satyamdas

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
It's too early. We don't even know the weight of Mortal Kombat and that game comes out next week. Do we even know if there's a comeback mechanic or not in SFxT?
It's too early? Too early for what? No one is saying "This is how everything will unfold" as if they know with certainty or anything is set in stone. We're killing time with harmless prognosticating and discussion.

You're like a guy who hears someone predicting that his favorite sports team will win the championship before the season starts and you respond with "It's too early. Can't you wait until the champion is decided to see what will happen?" Talk about a buzzkill. It's not like we are at each other's throats declaring to know with absolute certainty what will happen or being disrespectful.

I don't claim to know anything about the mechanics of SFxT, but it's my opinion that a majority of SF players don't like Tekken, and will not be receptive to a game that brings Tekken's characters and juggles into the SF universe. I could be wrong, but I strongly doubt that SFxT will somehow leapfrog SSF4 and MvC3 to become the "main FG in the west" as kitzkozan believes. I don't need to wait for the game to come out for this to be my prediction. Time will prove me wrong or right, and since there is nothing riding on any of this it's just harmless chit chat. Hardly anything that should be offensive to anyone.

DryEyeRelief said:
I myself rather make predictions with more info, but that's just me. I suppose the actual funsies will be looking back at your own posts to see how right you were.
The more info you have, the less of a prediction it is. At some point you are just observing. You sound like you like to make a bet after the roulette wheel has stopped spinning and the ball has come to rest. Where's the fun in that?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Which of you are regularly playing the game on the 360? Deciding whether it should be worth it for me to start streaming 360. Also meaning I would have to get a 360, also meaning someone will have to give me one.

Did not get to play last night so I'll might play tonight PSN-ers. Not as tired today. I'm up for HDR or Super.

eva01

Kadey said:
Which of you are regularly playing the game on the 360? Deciding whether it should be worth it for me to start streaming 360.

Vexco is playing regularly trying to level up to take evo2011

Satyamdas said:
I don't claim to know anything about the mechanics of SFxT, but it's my opinion that a majority of SF players don't like Tekken, and will not be receptive to a game that brings Tekken's characters and juggles into the SF universe. I could be wrong, but I strongly doubt that SFxT will somehow leapfrog SSF4 and MvC3 to become the "main FG in the west" as kitzkozan believes. I don't need to wait for the game to come out for this to be my prediction. Time will prove me wrong or right, and since there is nothing riding on any of this it's just harmless chit chat. Hardly anything that should be offensive to anyone.

My response to that is that I think SF players like SF more than they hate Tekken.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey said:
Which of you are regularly playing the game on the 360? Deciding whether it should be worth it for me to start streaming 360. Also meaning I would have to get a 360, also meaning someone will have to give me one.

Did not get to play last night so I'll might play tonight PSN-ers. Not as tired today. I'm up for HDR or Super.

Moi.

Though I've been playing Bison lately and my Bison sux. Currently, I'm about a .2 on the DBJ scale.

jlai

Kadey said:

The usual group of us that hang out in the GAF IRC channel still play pretty regularly.. myself, saty, dbj, eva, rbrogue, threi, vex, greg, kak, etc.

Satyamdas

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
My response to that is that I think SF players like SF more than they hate Tekken.
I agree with that. And after seeing the gameplay I think more people will give it a chance than I originally thought. I know I will. But I don't see SFxT magically becoming the #1 fighting game in the west, I think SF and MvC are too firmly entrenched for that to happen, even with their BS comeback mechanics or whatever else players despise about the games.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kadey said:

All you need to do is trade in about 63 of your PSPs and voila! New 360 Slim with which you can stream our GDLK 360 matches. That would still leave you with about 221 PSPs, right?? Come on, it's the smart play. I promise you will be bedazzled by Threijay's Deejay, Jlai's Mak, DBJ's Sak, Greg's Wega, Eissan's Roo :)D), etc.

Satyamdas said:
I agree with that. And after seeing the gameplay I think more people will give it a chance than I originally thought. I know I will.
This news has been tempting me to pop in Tekken 6. I'm just glad i got it dirt-cheap.

cHaotix8

Imm0rt4l said:
How does duds fair against the twins?

Haven't got a chance to fight any really good Yangs but at least against Hsien Chang Yun it's a Hard 4.5-5.5 in Yun's favor. You can't focus because of his Target Combo OS and wiggle walking gets you ex lunged. It's not too hard to anti air his dives and Dudley hits him hard. It's just hella hard to punish his up kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom