• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

Doorman

Tonza said:
umm.. yeah. Dave was clearly making fun of me today by picking same characters that I did and beating me always. :lol

Well, ggs anyway.
I've noticed he has a tendency to do that after a while...I will say, though, that our Fuerte vs. Fuerte match a week or so ago was pretty hilarious though. :lol

GGs to everybody last night, maybe we'll see if I have any better luck today.

xintin

ggs Acid08, you thoroughly destroyed me :lol
edit - ugh, I didnt win a single match tonight between Acid and Hatchetman, ;.;

Dave1988

Doorman said:
I've noticed he has a tendency to do that after a while...I will say, though, that our Fuerte vs. Fuerte match a week or so ago was pretty hilarious though. :lol

GGs to everybody last night, maybe we'll see if I have any better luck today.

Yup, sure was goofy. We have to do it again someday! :lol

xabi

would love an invite as well

PSN - ShotoXabi
(east coast)

PS - I don't really play Shotos in this game, but this has stuck from games past :)

Edgeward

Added Razor and Shoto, once you accept the FRs I can invite you to the chat. Nix, once I get home I'll add you as well. I don't play until around 9 PST usually on weekdays so I won't get around to it till then.

Lumix

I'd also like an invitation to both scrub level GAF games.
I am usually online after 7pm PST.
Thanks.

PSN ID: nezumiiro
XBL GT: Ayumi 786

Alucrid

Banned
If anyone's doing some scrub endless on the 360 feel free to invite me. My scrubdom has increased tenfold since I'm still not used to the arcade stick. GT is the same as my username.

Crisis

Banned
Hey guys. I just got linked to this particular thread since I am in fact a scrub fighter. However, I don't want my PSN ID out in the open because I already get enough "junk mail" on PSN. If anyone would like it, I'll gladly PM it to you.

LosDaddie

Banned
TheCrow said:
I'd like to get in on some scrub endless matches or any matches with fellow scrubs. GT: KamikazePIPBoy

A few of us will be on later tonight.....starting at 10pm EDT

Send me an invite. GT: LosDaddie

MrMephistoX

If this has been updated feel free to add me to the lists for XBLA and PSN.

I'm venturing into LIVE waters while my PS3 is being repaired.

Gyrian

PSN Players, there are still 5 spaces available for the first SSFIV Ranking Battle.

Don't be intimidated if you perceive you fighting ability to be low. It's supposed to be an all-GAF slugfest with another 24 or 32 players of all skills. :]

You participation comes down to a single fight every week for 8 weeks, except for this first one that's running as I type this, in which you need to fight everyone else in your Pool of 8 players.

Send me a PM, or post in the linked thread to get added.

ArcticDonkey - ArcticMonkey07 (XBL) - Ireland

I've just been playing ranked with strangers since launch and I'm still pretty bad. I'd love to get in on some Gaf endless matches.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I got an invite to an endless match as I was leaving the house.
I want in!
Brushed up on my scrubiness a little last night, haven't played in a while.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Everybody whom enlisted in the scrub tourney and haven't played their games, do so. After a week or two, I may have to DQ and let replacements enter.

LosDaddie

Banned
XBL Scrubs: Send me a FR/message if you want in on the Endless Lobby later tonight

GT: LosDaddie

I'll probably start playing around 11pm EDT. Or just post your GT and I'll check this thread before logging in.

LosDaddie

Banned
Good games this past weekend, ArcticMonkey & McTitteeTwist! :D

I was very surprised our connection was solid, Arctic, with you being in Ireland. I think with a little more practice, I can consistently challenge your Ibuki.

McTitteeTwist and I got some Team Battles going....and got whopped by turtlesnatcher from the Official SSFIV thread. I think TiteeTwist fared better than I did.:lol

Yeah man, solid games over the past couple of days.

You've definitely started seeing through my kunai bullshit, think I need to switch things up :lol

GatorBait

Wow, I am having a ton of fun playing this. I had been playing HD Remix on and off for about a month before I decided to finally bite and pick up SSF4 this week. I can't put my finger on it, but 4 is just so much more satisfying to play compared to HD Remix.

I still suck and lose more than I win, but I'm enjoying it so much that I know I'm going to play this game consistently and try to get somewhat respectable, at least until MvC3 drops. And even then, I can see myself playing both games because their pace is very different.

Any endless battles tonight?

rikichi

GatorBait said:
Wow, I am having a ton of fun playing this. I had been playing HD Remix on and off for about a month before I decided to finally bite and pick up SSF4 this week. I can't put my finger on it, but 4 is just so much more satisfying to play compared to HD Remix.

I still suck and lose more than I win, but I'm enjoying it so much that I know I'm going to play this game consistently and try to get somewhat respectable, at least until MvC3 drops. And even then, I can see myself playing both games because their pace is very different.

Any endless battles tonight?
PSN or XBL?

When you usually on?

Add me if you'd like, PSN: rikichiX

Doorman

So happy to reaffirm that after the thought I've put into this game, the time I've spent playing so far, and all of the streams and tutorial videos I've watched, I have still learned absolutely nothing about how to find any success with this game. I don't think I've ever been such a fan of something I suck so thoroughly at before.

Then again I did only get three matches in tonight, perhaps I can chalk some of it up to just rust and trying to use a relatively new character. Why do I do this to myself?

Hey! I suck at this game! Can I play?

Seriously though, it would be nice to play against some people who I actually have a chance of beating. I don't enjoy playing with people I already know, as they're too good for me.

360 - BENJO KAZ00IE (two zeroes in Kaz00ie, not the letter O).

ACE 1991

Ben2749 said:
Hey! I suck at this game! Can I play?

Seriously though, it would be nice to play against some people who I actually have a chance of beating. I don't enjoy playing with people I already know, as they're too good for me.

360 - BENJO KAZ00IE (two zeroes in Kaz00ie, not the letter O).

Hey! I'm none too good myself. Want to player later tonight? GT: I ACE 1991 I

GatorBait

So I can never decide who I want to play with. A lot of the characters in this game have unique enough play styles that I find myself getting the urge to main someone new like every week. :lol

First I played Cammy, then Chun, then Abel, and now Gouken.

Top Bottom