• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

.nimrod

.nimrod - DrColossus (PSN) - Germany - GMT+1

i really need o find some equally skilled players, i just lost about 30 matches against randoms :/

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
InfiniteNine - InfiniteNine (PSN) - USA - CST (Wake at almost all hours)

Buying it from the buy/sell/trade thread so I should be in for next week. Be gentle!

I hope scrub means beginner!

I can play Rose a little bit and I'm trying to play other characters in the hopes I find another that feels right.

SeraphimCowboy (xboxLIVE) -USA- MST

Send a challenge whenever and If I'm around I'll definitely play. Best if you suck like I do naturally.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
SeoulPatch - PSN

I am the typical over aggressive Ken player. Hence, I no longer use Ken.

Help me evolve GAF.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Kyouji - Pak38 - Canada (Montreal) - EDT [evenings usually, ranging from 18h to 24/0h]

I main Ibuki and I'm trying to learn Rose. Is there a GAF Scrub chat channel I can get an invite to?

Also, how do you know if you're a scrub or not; I've been playing Ibuki in 3S for a couple months now, but most of that shit doesn't transfer over to SSF4.

Gyrian

I'll send you all chat invites tonight.

Kyouji said:
Also, how do you know if you're a scrub or not; I've been playing Ibuki in 3S for a couple months now, but most of that shit doesn't transfer over to SSF4.

Oh, you'll know. :]

micrometaru.gif

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Gyrian said:
Great games tonight, gang. :]
We need to fill up this chat more often.

micrometaru.gif

Bunch of great fights last night!
I kept trying to leave but i kept wanting to fight! haha, love this game
and
I HATE CAMMY! :lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Got a scrub endless going on

GT:pankaksreborn

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
xintin said:
does PSN Scrub GAF still get together? I really haven't played since the first few weeks after release :lol
We just had a good bunch of games recently. Just Gotta check the chat for peeps when you wanna play some scrubness ssf4

LosDaddie

Banned
Just a heads up for the other SCRUBS in here. If you're looking for something better than the stock X360/PS3 controller, but don't want to pay $100+ for an arcade stick, then I highly recommend one of these:

510o3dwIy1L._AA300_.jpg

Amazon has them in stock, starting around $20 new. Plenty of characters to choose from too. I've been using it since SUPER launched and it's great. I love the larger buttons....and I definitely think my game has improved

ACE 1991 said:
Hey, would you want to play tonight?

(or any other scrubby 360 players for that matter)

Sorry man. Pankaks and I played during the day for about...maybe an hour. I might be game on Thurs night since I'll be out of town all weekend.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
LosDaddie said:
Good games this weekend! We traded matches. You won Sat night, I won yesterday. I'm still amazed you use the reg X360 controller.

That d-pad is an abomination :(. I'll probably pick up one of those gamepads once I get some spare cash.

And yes many good games were besides those weird priority ultras :lol.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
jkoch said:
Chat info??

On PSN, Halba created a chat and sent friend invites to everyone for the chat room. What's your PSN ID and I will try to get you set up on the chat.

LosDaddie

Banned
man....my Juri is just pathetic. I went 0-5 last night using her. I think I should re-do the Trials to re-learn her combos. Pathetic :(

At least I had better luck with Akuma. I think I went 7-1 before logging off :D

Pancakes

ACE 1991 said:
Hey losdaddie, would you want to play later tonight?

Think I might be able to play tonight as well :D.

LosDaddie

Banned
hmm....possibly.

It'll have to be later though....like around 10pm EDT. And I'll only be able to play for an hour or so.

EDIT: Yes, I'll be on around 9:30pm

Pancakes

LosDaddie said:
GGs last night, pankaks.

It was pretty much a draw. Your Ryu has definitely improved.

Just you wait until I get an actual gamepad :lol.

Doorman

Nice games tonight Dave, Trinidad, and Shuggah Daddy. It's fun to get back into this game after such a long unintended hiatus, but unfortunately it also reminds me of why I sucked so much at it to begin with. Nice to see that my pathetically basic Turtle Honda is still the only character I have the occasional chance with. :lol

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Doorman said:
Nice games tonight Dave, Trinidad, and Shuggah Daddy. It's fun to get back into this game after such a long unintended hiatus, but unfortunately it also reminds me of why I sucked so much at it to begin with. Nice to see that my pathetically basic Turtle Honda is still the only character I have the occasional chance with. :lol

Definately always fun to play with Gaffers!
Also, new fight stick came in! Soon i will be IN - DE - STRUCTABLE! :lol
getting on tonight most likely for all ya PSN Scrubs that wanna start a fight!

GatorBait

Hello fellow scrubs. I just bought SSF4 today and am ready to play some matches against other Gaffers. I've leisurely played MvC2 and HD Remix in the past, so I do have some experience with fighting games (I also used to scrub play all the old fighting games 10+ years ago).

Edgeward

bluddtheersty said:
Just broke the bank and picked up a stick yesterday.So frikkin' tired of playing randoms.

PSN id : Bluddtheersty

I'll add you tomorrow night and invite you to the chats.

GGs guys, definitely one of the more methodical night of fights than most times.

Doorman

Well, tonight I've got some beer and some free time. I hope some of my fellow PSN scrubbies will be around for some fights. Hopefully we can get a good room going and I'll have the opportunity to lose to more than just Dave. D:

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Doorman said:
Well, tonight I've got some beer and some free time. I hope some of my fellow PSN scrubbies will be around for some fights. Hopefully we can get a good room going and I'll have the opportunity to lose to more than just Dave. D:
I'll try to hop on as well tonight; playing randoms though cause I wanna get familiar with the rest of the cast for the random select psn tourney. :D

Doorman

Kaako said:
I'll try to hop on as well tonight; playing randoms though cause I wanna get familiar with the rest of the cast for the random select psn tourney. :D
No problem, I'm pretty sure I've lost against randoms before, too. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PSN people. Do you guys want your own tournament? If I get at least 24 heads, that's good enough to run one.

Top Bottom