• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

autobzooty said:
I'm a scrub on PSN. ID is autobzooty.

Trying to learn Makoto. Doing okay against medium-hard CPUs, but I get destroyed online due to lag and my lack of self-confidence. :lol

2nd that, trying to learn with a stick and non-charge characters.

PSN: MiniBossBattle

MiniBossBattle said:
2nd that, trying to learn with a stick and non-charge characters.

PSN: MiniBossBattle

We can play together then, while we both lie in our own pathetic ineptitude!

But I have to go to school first.

autobzooty said:
We can play together then, while we both lie in our own pathetic ineptitude!

But I have to go to school first.

Lol, I have to go pick up my daughter and hang with the wife first too.

Protip: Apparently if you hold back you block.
What is the point of that?

MiniBossBattle said:
Lol, I have to go pick up my daughter and hang with the wife first too.

Protip: Apparently if you hold back you block.
What is the point of that?

It keeps you from the inevitable just a bit longer............:(

notworksafe

Still trying to find someone that I like. I'm feeling Makoto and Hakan but I still am trying everyone out.

So what is everyone playing with? I have a SF4 fightpad that I picked up before for playing BlazBlue.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
xintin said:
is there a PSN Chat for the scrubs? Im on for a few hrs tonight if anyone else wants to go.
Not yet. I just practiced for about an hour with T. Hawk after getting absolutely murdered online. I won one match out of eight. :lol

notworksafe said:
Still trying to find someone that I like. I'm feeling Makoto and Hakan but I still am trying everyone out.

So what is everyone playing with? I have a SF4 fightpad that I picked up before for playing BlazBlue.

360 controller YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

notworksafe said:
Good matches, FlightOfHeaven! I was passing off with my friend but the fights we played were great.

Endless Battle is a nice way to play the game when you've got a group of people as well. Did anyone get a psn chat room up at all?

Yeah, it was loads of fun. We should do this again sometime.

But we gotta keep the pros out. : (

also, TE stick, dudes. No way I can blame my controller for my suckiness.

notworksafe

FlightOfHeaven said:
Yeah, it was loads of fun. We should do this again sometime.

But we gotta keep the pros out. : (

also, TE stick, dudes. No way I can blame my controller for my suckiness.
I've been considering a stick but I'd rather get the game down first. Though it is annoying that I seem to only get the move I try for about 7 out of 10 times, even when I know I put in the right command.

notworksafe said:
I've been considering a stick but I'd rather get the game down first. Though it is annoying that I seem to only get the move I try for about 7 out of 10 times, even when I know I put in the right command.

The inputs are lenient. Extremely lenient. I sometimes input a hcb and it registers as an SRK.

Be grateful it's not 3S, though. That was the other extreme; too strict.

Xevren

I'll throw my name in here, for some reason I just play pretty bad online but I can do some pretty good stuff from time to time.

Xevren-Xevren11-XBL-USA-CST

Nyx

Ah, the scrub signup thread, I belong here definitely.

Nyx - Nyx1978 (XBL) - The Netherlands - Europe

Drame

Oh! We have a seperate one for scrubs too. :lol

Drame - Halba (PSN) - Finland - Europe.

Also, I'm running the Scrub Club chat of future Daigo's on PSN where every want-to-be JWong is welcome! Just throw me a message or something on PSN and I'll get you in.

Beezy

Beezy - Ji3eezy (XBL) - USA (NYC) - EST

I'm gonna give Bison a rest until I learn Makoto. I'm garbage with her so far.

DenogginizerOS

I will try to set up a scrub chat tonight when I am home. I will also update the list then as well. Busy work day...

notworksafe

After a bunch of losses last night, I think I'm about done with Makoto. Time to try someone else! I'm liking the look of Juri and Cody so maybe I'll get into some Trials with them and see how I feel.

It helps a lot, using that format.

I'm adding people almost exclusively from the East Coast.

Sorry, guys, I have a wireless connection. Just takin' precautions.

Drame

DenogginizerOS about the chat. Shall we stick to the one I put up or make a new one based on the list?

Oh and those new to the PSN text chat you have to join the chat room manually everytime you sign in.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DenogginizerOS said:
I have a real hard time getting my full-circle stick moves in for some of T. Hawk's moves. I am scouring the web for videos of people playing that show their stick movements as well. Youtube has been a Godsend for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiMFEcolZA&playnext_from=TL&videos=t0b8h9YC0WQ

EDIT: Updated the OP.

I like the sounds of a group of people in one room where we can all watch and learn.
Damn. Great find on that youtube link.

notworksafe

That Youtube link is very cool, thanks for the heads up. It makes me really want a stick, though. Any recommendations on a good one? I've heard mixed reviews on the SF4 sticks.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
notworksafe said:
That Youtube link is very cool, thanks for the heads up. It makes me really want a stick, though. Any recommendations on a good one? I've heard mixed reviews on the SF4 sticks.
I use a HRAP3. Not that I could really explain what makes a good arcade stick but it works for me.

conman

notworksafe said:
You can pick up a cheap MadCatz SF4 FightStick (~$45). No reason to spend more money than that if you're uncertain. Otherwise, you're spending at least ~$100. The FightStick is also super easy to mod if you decide you want to go that route.

DenogginizerOS

Drame said:
DenogginizerOS about the chat. Shall we stick to the one I put up or make a new one based on the list?

Oh and those new to the PSN text chat you have to join the chat room manually everytime you sign in.
You can call me Nog.

The chat list is fine as long as you are willing to send invites to the PSN folks listed in the OP. I would list the exact title and your PSN so people know what it is. I can put that info in the OP. I can set up a second one as well for just EST USA, if desired.

Can someone set up a dummy account for XBL?

Drame

DenogginizerOS said:
You can call me Nog.

The chat list is fine as long as you are willing to send invites to the PSN folks listed in the OP. I would list the exact title and your PSN so people know what it is. I can put that info in the OP. I can set up a second one as well for just EST USA, if desired.

Can someone set up a dummy account for XBL?
Sure, I can handle the invites and I'm on a vacation too right now. So, I have a lot of time in my hands.

The chat rooms holds up to 16 people at a time, but I think that should be enough. Considering the time zone differences. I'd say it would be best to make another room only when it is needed.

DenogginizerOS

Drame said:
Sure, I can handle the invites and I'm on a vacation too right now. So, I have a lot of time in my hands.

The chat rooms holds up to 16 people at a time, but I think that should be enough. Considering the time zone differences. I'd say it would be best to make another room only when it is needed.
Sounds good.

My execution has been getting better. I'm just going through each character's trials, doing what I can, chickening out when I can't.

I can't for the life of me do charge characters, at the very least Honda. I doubt I got past trail 10 or 11 with him.

Also, when are you fellas usually on? I'll try and set up a GAF EB then. Or a team battle.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
FlightOfHeaven said:
My execution has been getting better. I'm just going through each character's trials, doing what I can, chickening out when I can't.

I can't for the life of me do charge characters, at the very least Honda. I doubt I got past trail 10 or 11 with him.

Also, when are you fellas usually on? I'll try and set up a GAF EB then. Or a team battle.
I actually find charge characters easier to use although I still have trouble executing with both on the 1P side.

My god the online sure has tons of cheap asses. I've faced 5 Kens, 2 Ibukis, and 2 Codys. All of them had a 2 move combo that they would do over and over again.

So far the character I've had the most success with is Juri. So fun to play as and pulls off ridiculous moves.

DenogginizerOS

There has to be a way to defeat the online 2-movers. I faced a couple last night. I kept getting body slammed by a Honda

DenogginizerOS said:
There has to be a way to defeat the online 2-movers. I faced a couple last night. I kept getting body slammed by a Honda

Now I just faced a Zangief who kept doing that spinning attack and grab. He even messaged me after the match "Nice match."

Ugh.

notworksafe

Any GAF Endless Matches going on? Just got home with the arcade stick and I'm ready to play!

Oh, does it matter if I have the stick set to D-Pad or Left Stick? It came as D-Pad so I'm just going to leave it on that for now.

HarryDemeanor said:
Now I just faced a Zangief who kept doing that spinning attack and grab. He even messaged me after the match "Nice match."

Ugh.

Zangief can be beaten by any low hitting attack or ranged moves. As Ibuki, I'd punish with sweeps or neckbreakers

For those two combo folks, learn where to block. Don't let them dictate the terms of the match.

Easier said than done, I know. I still have problems with that...

FlightOfHeaven said:
Zangief can be beaten by any low hitting attack or ranged moves. As Ibuki, I'd punish with sweeps or neckbreakers

For those two combo folks, learn where to block. Don't let them dictate the terms of the match.

Easier said than done, I know. I still have problems with that...

I did almost kick his ass as Dudley. Just need to work on him some more and I'll be able to fight it off.

Bankoiia

I already signed on the other one, but I think I'll feel much more comfortable here. :lol

Bankoiia - Bankoiia (PSN) - Sweden - Europe

Top Bottom