• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

fun time Xintin.....

That Dudley match was crazy.....everything else ( except DeeJay's random moments of brilliance) was just sad for me......

Oh well.

notworksafe

RoboManus said:
i got a friend request from Halba(Drame) about the chat but how exactly does that work? i'e never messed with the chat stuff on psn. what time do you guys set up endless battles and such?
When you get a chat request just go to near the top of your friend list and there will be an option for Text Chat. Just hit that and hit the GAF scrub room.

BitchTits

I think I've been playing too long to be a newbie, but I'm definately nowhere near the level of play of what other GAFers post on YouTube and I want to learn the new characters, so I'll sign up for this. If I'm not scrubby enough, I'll go get trashed by the big boys instead. :lol

XBL: "Awww Baby Foxes"

Looking to play with anyone! I wanna get better, my footies are a bit weak. So if anyone wants to have some casuals, hit me on either xbl or psn! I mostly play on xbl though.

Sileighy (XBL) - USA - Southwest
Bi-PolarBear(PSN) - USA - Southwest

Drame

hamchan said:
I live in Australia. Is it even possible to have a lag free game with people from America?
I suppose. In the end it highly depends on your internet connection and the internet connection of your opponent.

About the chat, my friend list is full at the moment. So, I'll send the chat invites from a PSN tag named Kardunkke from now on.

the_log_ride said:
Can I get an invite to the chat? I figured I could mess around with you guys trying to get accustomed to the new cast / characters I've never played with before...
Sure.

NeoUltima

Won't have game until Monday(bad timing /w moving).

PSN: NeoUltima Loc.: Florida

Actually not sure if I should post in scrub thread or normal one...but since its been awhile since I played vanilla, I'll go with this for now.

ezekial45

Banned
psn: ezekial45 PST!

I have tried many of the new characters and I still haven't found any I am comfortable with taking into a god vs match. That being said I am holding down a strong losing streak. Gaf, I need you!

hamchan

Drame said:
I suppose. In the end it highly depends on your internet connection and the internet connection of your opponent.

K, i might as well join then.

hamchan - hamchan1(PSN) - Australia - Sydney

I'm a newbie to the SF series btw. So new to the series that the game hasn't even been delivered to my house yet :lol

peritusONE (XBOX Live) - USA - EST

I'm definitely nowhere near good. Lost 12 out of 12 ranked matches yesterday. In SFIV, my W/L ratio was somewhere around 1:5, but I only played about 100 matches at the beginning of the game launch and was able to win a few against people who had never played the game before. Now everybody has been playing this game for well over a year and I can't win anymore. :lol

I don't mind to lose though, and I never ragequit. I get aggravated, but that comes with the territory. Hit me up for some matches and endless battles.

h3ro

Fellow XBL Scrubs, add me. My info is in the OP. I'd like to get a scrub Endless session going later on today, If you see me on, msg me. :)

PSN Street Fighter scrub here! Still have problems with quarter circles and pulling off Ultras and Supers. :lol

TenshiOni - USA - EST (Miami, FL)

RICE N BEANS01 - GT for Xbox 360

I'm up for a few casual matches and some Team Play. Haven't played in about a year so I'm rusty with my Dan.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not sure why I couldn't connect to today's Endless lobby. I'll try later if you guys are still available.

At least I got a couple hours of quarter circle practice in.

Nakazato

I just wanna say Scrub Gaf im proud of us were all seeing improvement at a very fast rate :)

Seraphis Cain said:
Good matches this morning, Nakazato. :D We'll definitely have to go again sometime soon.
yea man :)

Good evening, Scrub GAF.

Thanks for all the matches, I just wanna ask one thing;

Is my commentating bothering anyone? Be honest. I like to do it, because I feel it adds a bit of flavor to the matches, but I won't do it if it bothers anyone. Besides, it'll save my voice.

Thanks for accepting the invites, and I hope we're all learning from the fights.

Kadey and Isamu are our tyrants.

Nakazato

FlightOfHeaven said:
Good evening, Scrub GAF.

Is my commentating bothering anyone? Be honest. I like to do it, because I feel it adds a bit of flavor to the matches, but I won't do it if it bothers anyone. Besides, it'll save my voice.

Thanks for accepting the invites, and I hope we're all learning from the fights.

:lol :lol :lol.

No the commentating is good makes it fun :)

Kadey is so good :(

I'm probably what you'd call pretty scrubby.

I can do most of Viper's combos but I just can't put them into matches because the level of execution is so darn high!

Xbox gamertag: Richm96

I've got no mic currently however, sorry if that's a problem.

Miragith

FlightOfHeaven said:
Good evening, Scrub GAF.

I don't mind the commentating, when I can actually hear people. I guess I need to lower the game volume a bit more; I already have the sound when people talk at max.

Miragith said:
I don't mind the commentating, when I can actually hear people. I guess I need to lower the game volume a bit more; I already have the sound when people talk at max.

What I did, so I can hear people clearly, is low EVERYTHING that's not voice volume down as far as it would go without it going silent.

It's the only way. Otherwise, the voice gets drowned out.

Right now, I can hear other people chat just fine, and the character voices, effects, and music come through just fine.

Glad to hear I'm not bothering anyone so far, so I'll continue being yer host. : )

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I had to leave early, Flight. My execution was frustrating me tonight. Couldn't throw out a double QCF to save my life.

Not my night at all.

GG Flight, XlinX, MinimumHippo and anyone else you beat the shit out of my DeeJay/Makoto/Guy.....

I'm getting off ultras at the right time now....still a b it to dependant on them...probably why My DeeJay sucks ( can't do shit captain!!). But with ChunLi and Juri ( and randomly Cody WTF??) I can do okay.

still I chalk those wins up to Makoto, Viper and Gouken being difficult to use. Throw a shot at me and I'm done.

also screw Flight's ninja Fei Long.....made my Dudley piss himself.

Wish I had more time but school + work + driving school = tired as shit.

But I didn't completely embarrass myself...well with Makoto I did..goddam she's hard to use

One day I will be able to own...yeah no.

LiK

played some GAF dudes with Flight hosting. fun game, i did well with a couple of different guys. Flight's the only guy using his mic, haha. his commentary made it more fun to watch. sorry that i had no mic, i havent charged my headset in months...

conman

Chamber said:
Not sure why I couldn't connect to today's Endless lobby. I'll try later if you guys are still available.
I've been having the same problem off and on. Not sure why. Maybe my connection doesn't like the host's connection for some reason?

akachan ningen said:
add me on psn my id is AkachanNingen

Um, aren't you one of the 4 Kings in Kadey's tournament?

Seriously, guys, GAF's definition of scrub is a bit too loose.

If you are a genuine Scrub, no offense meant. As a rule of thumb, scrubs do not use FA or FADCs in their gameplay, at least well, and have trouble with their exection (as in, OMG QCF IN THE AIR IS SO HAAAAARD)

---

Great games today/tonight, Scrub GAF. Shout outs go to Novuscaine, Volpone, jman2050, Roynell317, Minimumhippo, FFXI_Isamu, MoPlaysTheGame, SpidertheMad, The Trinidad, Xintin, Kadey1up, Miragith, xLiKx, MFsteven, TenshiOni, and Clown-Prince.

Yes, I did indeed play with 16 different GAFfers today. Got to 200 matches and 35 hours of play, too. :x

I might have to reduce the amount of slots available... : ( I've noticed that the game really flows when there's 4-6 players. I wouldn't mind more than 6, but no one else was chatting except xintin. At the very end, TheTrinidad and MoPlaysTheGame tried to chat it up, but it was breaking up really bad, totally unintelligible.

But it was fun! I feel we are getting better. I'm glad you guys like the commentary. Is it helping anyone out in any way? I try to bring up move properties and match ups, as it might help during the match. Not to mention different general bits of advice; "DON'T JUMP!" "USE YOUR POKES" "THROW HIM"

Is that alright?

Alucrid

Banned
Toss me on the list.

Alucrid - Alucrid - XBL - Philly - EST

I should be on sometime tomorrow...first time playing SSFIV too.

RoboManus

Neo Member
I had fun, wish I joined sooner though since the room kinda emptied out after you left, but it was getting late anyway.

That Vega was poking me all over the place, and that failure of Hakan' ultra had me laughing.

RoboManus said:
I had fun, wish I joined sooner though since the room kinda emptied out after you left, but it was getting late anyway.

That Vega was poking me all over the place, and that failure of Hakan' ultra had me laughing.

Damn, I was hoping that wouldn't happen. Things kinda fall apart whenever the host leaves.

And I was trying to cancel s.hp in raiden, but I somehow got an arc jump + super art.

I know how to manipulate it so it lasts longer, that was funny, watching Hakan wait for me.

Miragith

FlightOfHeaven said:
Um, aren't you one of the 4 Kings in Kadey's tournament?

Seriously, guys, GAF's definition of scrub is a bit too loose.

If you are a genuine Scrub, no offense meant. As a rule of thumb, scrubs do not use FA or FADCs in their gameplay, at least well, and have trouble with their exection (as in, OMG QCF IN THE AIR IS SO HAAAAARD)

---

Great games today/tonight, Scrub GAF. Shout outs go to Novuscaine, Volpone, jman2050, Roynell317, Minimumhippo, FFXI_Isamu, MoPlaysTheGame, SpidertheMad, The Trinidad, Xintin, Kadey1up, Miragith, xLiKx, MFsteven, TenshiOni, and Clown-Prince.

Yes, I did indeed play with 16 different GAFfers today. Got to 200 matches and 35 hours of play, too. :x

I might have to reduce the amount of slots available... : ( I've noticed that the game really flows when there's 4-6 players. I wouldn't mind more than 6, but no one else was chatting except xintin. At the very end, TheTrinidad and MoPlaysTheGame tried to chat it up, but it was breaking up really bad, totally unintelligible.

But it was fun! I feel we are getting better. I'm glad you guys like the commentary. Is it helping anyone out in any way? I try to bring up move properties and match ups, as it might help during the match. Not to mention different general bits of advice; "DON'T JUMP!" "USE YOUR POKES" "THROW HIM"

Is that alright?

I heard you just fine tonight then it just got really laggy and I couldn't understand what anyone was saying. Oh, and I got owned so hard from whoever was playing Cammy.

Kuugrr

h3ro said:
Fellow XBL Scrubs, add me. My info is in the OP. I'd like to get a scrub Endless session going later on today, If you see me on, msg me. :)

Added you. I'll probably be on sometime tomorrow. :D

Any other XBL scrubs, add me! Info's in the OP.

Top Bottom