• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition |OT| Lets take this outside!

Barrett2

Getting a lot of connection issues if I try to do a quick match online, but it quickly matches me if I'm playing arcade mode with open invites. Basically, same as the console versions always were for me.

Not a fan of the isometric mode. Too weird. Overall, this is damn solid as a launch game. Controls decently well.

gimz

the online matches i i have played on Sunday and early yesterday was amazing, but today all my matches online were so laggy! anyone has the same problem?

Scarecrow

Does online keep a public win/loss record? I'd like to try some online, but am pretty terrible at the game. It's kind of embarrassing to have a 0-52 score, or something.

Scarecrow

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Don't let that stop you from playing it mate.

You have to start somewhere, jump in.
Hell, I started way back in SF II. I've just never been that great. I did just do one online match and managed to beat some dude's Gouken (with the help of the touch screen to do my ultra attack).

schlew

Since I'm digging this noob friendly thread, I had a dumb question...

I'm going through challenge mode with Ryu, and I'm stuck at the Metsu hadoken. It requires me to do two motions (no problem), and three punches. What I'm lost at is the three punches. Do I press all three punches at the same time? Or in succession? I haven't had success with either, and I'm a little confused. Thanks.

Alrus

schlew said:

I'm going through challenge mode with Ryu, and I'm stuck at the Metsu hadoken. It requires me to do two motions (no problem), and three punches. What I'm lost at is the three punches. Do I press all three punches at the same time? Or in succession? I haven't had success with either, and I'm a little confused. Thanks.

You need to press all three buttons at the same time, it's a bit tricky to do but it's feasible. Or you can map the triple button press to the touch screen in the pro mode.

schlew said:

It should be all 3 punches at once. If you are worried about your inputs try out training mode. Once you're there, hit Start to get to the pause menu and then select Training Options. One of the options there will be Input Display. Any button or movement you make will show up on the screen - so that might give you an idea of what's wrong.

With the button setup on the 3DS, it can be very hard to hit all three buttons at the exact same time. You might want to map LP + MP + HP to one of the on screen buttons to help you out. :)

lol, just got my ass handed to me by Kaiwing. Fun matches though. I didn't have too many problems with lag in the friends match which is a relief since most of my random matches have been pretty piss poor today.

Man, I really wish there was some sort of messaging though. It sucks to just bail without being able to say good game.

I was thinking it might be nice to get a community thread going with all people who want to participate sharing their friends code, so when a certain time rolls around, we'll all be creating friend lobbies & be able to get into matches quickly and play a bunch of GAF members at once.

I must train harder.

Teknoman

Chairhome said:
Capcom Unity just released this code for Platinum Ryu figure (not on the list a few pages back) DPrkMnybCd

Thanks for the heads up.

JacksUsername said:
lol, just got my ass handed to me by Kaiwing. Fun matches though. I didn't have too many problems with lag in the friends match which is a relief since most of my random matches have been pretty piss poor today.

Man, I really wish there was some sort of messaging though. It sucks to just bail without being able to say good game.

I was thinking it might be nice to get a community thread going with all people who want to participate sharing their friends code, so when a certain time rolls around, we'll all be creating friend lobbies & be able to get into matches quickly and play a bunch of GAF members at once.

I must train harder.

This or changing status message to "Now hosting SSFIV lobby" or something could work.

What's the deal with these codes?

Are they cheats for things you would normally unlock through play or are they otherwise unavailable bonus items?

I don't like the former, but don't want to miss out on the latter.

edit - Also, online I fought against a robot Zangief. How do I get robots?!?!?

I'm sure it's already been said before, but I love when you meet someone who is at the same level as you and you both keep selecting "Rematch."

3DS Bomber, if you're reading this, I had fun! Hope to meet up with you again.

kaiwing

I thought that the 4 touch shortcuts would be lame, but my God they are a lifesaver for certain Ultras. I can do the majority of the Ultras manually with only a few I expect to get better at with practice. The Dpad is pretty bad for this, analog all the way. The netcode is excellent! Now that I've played this for quite a bit, I want...NO DEMAND MVC3 be made for this. Static backgrounds are OK by me if means we get this in the fall. I can totally see Capcom being douches and releasing MvC 2 first to "generate sales and interest" for 3. If anything, please at least port over all the Dreamcast fighters like: Tech Romancer, Power Stone, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and SF Third Strike.

Teknoman

Count Dookkake said:
What's the deal with these codes?

Are they cheats for things you would normally unlock through play or are they otherwise unavailable bonus items?

I don't like the former, but don't want to miss out on the latter.

edit - Also, online I fought against a robot Zangief. How do I get robots?!?!?

Alternate costumes. As for the figures, I think they are bonuses.

Spruchy

Chairhome said:
Capcom Unity just released this code for Platinum Ryu figure (not on the list a few pages back) DPrkMnybCd
Thanks mang.

I love this game even as someone who was hardcore into the 360 version. Sometimes it's fun to have a battle of wits opposed to execution.

Teknoman

kaiwing said:
I thought that the 4 touch shortcuts would be lame, but my God they are a lifesaver for certain Ultras. I can do the majority of the Ultras manually with only a few I expect to get better at with practice. The Dpad is pretty bad for this, analog all the way. The netcode is excellent! Now that I've played this for quite a bit, I want...NO DEMAND MVC3 be made for this. Static backgrounds are OK by me if means we get this in the fall. I can totally see Capcom being douches and releasing MvC 2 first to "generate sales and interest" for 3. If anything, please at least port over all the Dreamcast fighters like: Tech Romancer, Power Stone, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and SF Third Strike.

Power Store 3 would be nice. I'd like to see more original MT Framework Mobile titles though.

Boney said:
How do I activate the rival theme instead of stage themes in online play?

We cant <_> No more turn the beat back for me.

Still plays rival themes in arcade mode when you reach your rival...but no option for arranged bgm, making the themes the default music. Think there is any way they could patch that in?

Enk

makes good threads.
Boney said:
oh man that was laggy :(

sorry enk, I even have a 20MB connection :(

chile bloooows

Sorry, I think that might've been my connection that crapped out at the end. And I was just about to throw you into a super to win the match. :(

Has anyone else's system crashed when a match disconnects. Twice now when my opponent disconnected I've had to hard reset my system.

The Hermit

Teknoman said:
We cant <_> No more turn the beat back for me.

Still plays rival themes in arcade mode when you reach your rival...but no option for arranged bgm, making the themes the default music. Think there is any way they could patch that in?

Izayoi said:
You don't.

Boney said:
oh bitch now i'm mad

1282741326098pj69.jpg

Damn teknoman, I though you meant that it was that way by default...that's why I asked if the original stage themes were in like the Africa, but probably that's the only music non-character specific I like.

I am actually considering buying a Ps3 + Tv instead of the Ds3d now... yeah, I am mad!!

Boney

Banned
Enk said:
Sorry, I think that might've been my connection that crapped out at the end. And I was just about to throw you into a super to win the match. :(

Has anyone else's system crashed when a match disconnects. Twice now when my opponent disconnected I've had to hard reset my system.
welp that sucks, after that I had a few matches that went alright. Never heard of the crashes.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Spammer + Sore Loser = Laugh.

Seriously, the guy uses Ryu and just keeps spamming the moves on the Touch Screen shortcuts , beating me 3 or 4 times in a row. (I really suck at those kind of fighting games so I couldn't figure out a way to fight back.)

I win once, just once, he quits the match.

Good day, sir.

Teknoman

Baiano19 said:
1282741326098pj69.jpg

Damn teknoman, I though you meant that it was that way by default...that's why I asked if the original stage themes were in like the Africa, but probably that's the only music non-character specific I like.

I am actually considering buying a Ps3 + Tv instead of the Ds3d now... yeah, I am mad!!

Well on the bright side, its still fun and looks nice/performs well online. I can deal without selectable themes since I like a few of the stage themes...but it sucks that they seem to have messed up the Drive in stage.

It sounds like it's stuck in "danger" mode.

Scarecrow

Trying to do some of the challenges. Doing Ryu's stuff, but I can't seem to get the moves to work around level 7. It says something like "crouch punch M, crouch punch M, and Crouch kick H". But, I can't get two medium punches to hit. The first keeps pushing me back. Am I missing something?

GooeyHeat

Scarecrow said:
Trying to do some of the challenges. Doing Ryu's stuff, but I can't seem to get the moves to work around level 7. It says something like "crouch punch M, crouch punch M, and Crouch kick H". But, I can't get two medium punches to hit. The first keeps pushing me back. Am I missing something?

Strict timing is what you're missing. You have to time the second punch as soon as the first one ends.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
After playing a few online matches, I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far. The gameplay is different compared to the console version. I'm having flashbacks of playing SF2 on the SNES. The D-pad is pretty stiff compared to the MadCatz Fight Pad on the 360, and it's hard to pull off special moves, so I often rely on the touchscreen moves.

I will say that Marvel vs Capcom 3 would be awesome on the 3DS, as it's simplified button layout would be a much better fit. Make it happen, Capcom.

BTW here's my friend code. Feel free to add me:

2148 - 8151 - 5396

SUPARSTARX

I just won like 27 games straight with Guile. I am absolutely disgusted.

Mapped: 1. EX-Sonic Boom 2. LP Sonic Boom 3. Ultra Combo 4. HK Flash Kick.

LP Sonic boom, walk in flash kick distance:
a. they jump? I flash kick.
b. they block? I throw another LP sonic boom and chip down.
c. Repeat lol

SUPARSTARX said:

c. Repeat lol

I can easily beat this routing by using Gouki, lol

Alrus

SUPARSTARX said:

c. Repeat lol

Yeah well 27 win streak using lite mode is nothing to really brag about... Thank god you can filter people using it.

SUPARSTARX

It's just funny that it works so well. Makes you think how powerful the charge characters are if they were given command inputs instead of requiring charging.

Yeah I just about never play Lite mode anymore. It's not even needed really. When I saw that pro-mode mapped the 3 punch/kick buttons I can now pull off supers on my fav characters no problem. That was the only reason I was using Lite mode originally.

Every Pro mode match I've played so far has been awesome.

Taxman

In some other fighting game's training mode I remember they had a button or something to show you what the current combo or whatever looked like when done properly. I have never wanted that more than now. It's hard to get the timing of something right when you don't know what you're supposed to be shooting for.

The Hermit

Teknoman said:
Well on the bright side, its still fun and looks nice/performs well online. I can deal without selectable themes since I like a few of the stage themes...but it sucks that they seem to have messed up the Drive in stage.

It sounds like it's stuck in "danger" mode.

Welp, that soundss like something went wrong instead of a deliberated change. Hopefully they release a patch...

jlevel13

Taxman said:
In some other fighting game's training mode I remember they had a button or something to show you what the current combo or whatever looked like when done properly. I have never wanted that more than now. It's hard to get the timing of something right when you don't know what you're supposed to be shooting for.

True - it has been a problem with the challenge mode with all the SFIV releases that they only go halfway in teaching you the game, when it wouldn't have been much harder to do a little bit more (in such an important area). It's also a little extra annoying with the 3DS version having to hit the crappy start button to pause the game and find out exactly what you are supposed to do, if you can't remember the motion for a certain move.

There are youtube videos up for all the challenges - if you're especially stuck and need to see a sample, doing a search on there can help. Not the greatest solution, but better than nothing.

Teknoman

TurtleSnatcher said:
I use Pro Mode and only Pro Mode. Lite mode is retarded.

I'm at about 2100PP. Cody is about 2500-2600BP

Yup, now using the touch screen as another button is second nature.

Baiano19 said:
Welp, that soundss like something went wrong instead of a deliberated change. Hopefully they release a patch...

Hopefully. I'm asking around to see if 3DS games can be patched.

EDIT: Looks like someone uploaded music from the game...and the Drive in stage music is supposed to be fully intact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG9mGuWPSI0&feature=related

>_< Hopefully I dont have a glitched game.

EDIT2: Hmm problem with all games it seems -

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997808-super-street-fighter-iv-3d-edition/58626690/650440256

Yeah, I can't stand lite mode. It's like playing computers on hard who just spam moves. Pisses me off. But I'm really, really liking this game online (only pro mode). I never played SSF4 really before this, just watched friends play it, but man this game is pure fun. I'll be playing this game a lot as long as online stays this good, with decent population.

BTW, is Akuma OP by any chance? I was trying Guy for awhile there but just wasn't having fun with him, so I switched to Akuma since he is actually my favorite SF character. I always had this feeling that he was OP, though, since he normally is an unlockable character.

kunonabi

yeah matches never come up unless I do arcade fight requests. Most of the matches are pretty bad connection wise. I've run into a good Gouken, a good Fei Long,and I think a good Ryu.

I have to admit I'm impressed with some of the combos people are pulling off with all the lag. Lag just messes me up something fierce.

Top Bottom