• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl Costume Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not linking the universes is the biggest mistake WB ever made.

Best decision ever. I prefer watching the CW Verse standing on its own two feet.

first look at Kara's disguised look

gX0cvQ3.jpg

D9NRp9q.jpg

What a terrible disguise.

Super pretty girl, but terrible disguise.

I don't know which is worse; the fact you can't tell it was a joke or the fact that neither of you read my post where I clearly said it was a joke.

Oop

Raistlin

Then why don't you guys just call it "photoshopped"?

Admittedly that's what it is in my mind, but I get why some prefer to not use it since it's a brand eponym a la Q-tip, band-aid, google, xerox, frisbee, etc. There is no guarantee a manipulated image was manipulated via photoshop.

Subitai

Best decision ever. I prefer watching the CW Verse standing on its own two feet.
Yeah. Writing a show is hard enough to keep consistent with itself. Then keeping it consistent with two other shows and possibly two more is insane. Trying to line it up with the movieverse is suicidal.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea who the actress is....

I don't know guys, even if I looked at them next to each other, I probably wouldn't be able to tell that she's Supergirl. I can't believe I'm falling for the Clark Kent disguise.

Man... I was hoping for the white Halter top and Mini-skirt look. If not that a Kryptonian Bodysuit and no skirt. The "Classic" look was the last thing I wanted.

anaron

lol it's a set photo that I *assume* is her clark kent

but why would anyone care? the disguise for clark has always been ridic and a suspension of disbelief

Evo X

Something is off about the official pictures. I'm just not feeling it. I don't know if it's the composition, her expressions, or the suit itself.

Right now I've gotta agree with the others in that it looks like a cosplay, but I think it will look better in action.

Also, I'm going to post this gif for absolutely no reason.

PKkU3NV.gif

DeathyBoy

Banned
This thread reminds me of how people bitched about The Flash's costume. And then when the show aired they shut the fuck up because their opinions were reactionary nonsense.

Something is off about the official pictures. I'm just not feeling it. I don't know if it's the composition, her expressions, or the suit itself.

Right now I've gotta agree with the others in that it looks like a cosplay, but I think it will look better in action.

PKkU3NV.gif

Lawd

anaron

This thread reminds me of how people bitched about The Flash's costume. And then when the show aired they shut the fuck up because their opinions were reactionary nonsense.

I don't think the costume looks bad at all though I just wish it was something NEW

DeathyBoy

Banned
I don't think the costume looks bad at all though I just wish it was something NEW

Well if they're starting with this, it's likely this isn't the end game costume anyway. Flash and Arrow's costumes have undergone changes as time goes on, so it's very likely by the end of each Season it'll evolve based on writer/actress feedback.

injurai

Banned

PKkU3NV.gif

that's the same person? my eyes deceive me

Zoolader

Super Girl (sp?) looks an awful lot like at&t girl. She might wanna start wearing eye glasses to conceal her identity.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Because superhero stuff never has relationship drama.

I'm convinced these people have never actually read a comic-book, because every superhero comic drips with relationship drama. I mean shit, one of the most acclaimed Daredevil runs of all time is almost completely drama based rather than 'LOL, FIGHT.'

anaron

Well if they're starting with this, it's likely this isn't the end game costume anyway. Flash and Arrow's costumes have undergone changes as time goes on, so it's very likely by the end of each Season it'll evolve based on writer/actress feedback.
I hope so. though, Kara is essentially starting with her comics costume and the other two are catching up to theirs

it's still ugly as shit, it's just barry and the show itself is charming enough to overlook it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom