• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl Costume Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
A1uIRyd.jpg

This looks like a group of trick or treaters to me.

Then again I've never watched either Arrow or Flash because I thought they looked garbage so I'm probably not the one to talk to about this.

That being said I love the way Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman all look in Dawn of Justice. No idea if Snyder is involved with costume design on that one, but if so he has a much better eye for it then whoever is involved with DC's TV division.

Looks way too retro in comparison to Flash and Arrow. Should have gone for a full bodysuit or something. Skirt costume is too weird looking now.

My biggest issue with it, its just so boring. Like its just a plain blue top. A plain gold belt. Then just a plain red skirt. I get that there is some small stiching and stuff on it, but nothing catches the eye. Its just........boring and bland. There's nothing memorable about the costume.

Compare it to how amazing Wonder Woman's costume is and its not even close

GalGadotWonderWoman.jpg

There is so much more texture, design, and actually iconic looks to it. You see Wonder Woman and she looks striking and memorable.

This super girl costume is just so forgettable.

C4Lukins

I dont know what we are debating. Outside of The Good Wife name a good CBS show. I did not include a question mark...

BadAss2961

My biggest issue with it, its just so boring. Like its just a plain blue top. A plain gold belt. Then just a plain red skirt. I get that there is some small stiching and stuff on it, but nothing catches the eye. Its just........boring and bland. There's nothing memorable about the costume.

There is so much more texture, design, and actually iconic looks to it. You see Wonder Woman and she looks striking and memorable.

TV gonna TV. They've gotta cut some corners.

BvS has the budget and priority to be nothing but A-team from top to bottom.

TV gonna TV. They've gotta cut some corners.

BvS has the budget and priority to be nothing but A-team from top to bottom.

This is very true, and maybe I'm being a tad too harsh, since it is a TV show after all. Its just I think DC / Snyder / whoever knocked it out of the freaking park with that Wonder Woman design and was really hoping they would make something really nice for Super Girl

You're doing yourself a great disservice. Especially with Flash.

I know I've heard. A ton of people whose opinions I respect have told me they are both pretty great shows. I need to take the time to get caught up on them. It's just the initial previews of both turned me off a lot. They both seemed really cheaply made.

But I'm not trying to dog on the shows, I've never seen them, and like I said I've actually heard pretty great things.

UrbanRats

This was suggested by anaron in the other thread, but I'm firmly behind it:

What they've made instead is really cheesy. Really anything in the vein of what I posted above I feel would be a lot better and give her a stronger visual identity.

That's much much better than the silly thing in the OP.

Not that i would've watched this show anyway, but my 2 cents.

Vyer

I know I've heard. A ton of people whose opinions I respect have told me they are both pretty great shows. I need to take the time to get caught up on them. It's just the initial previews of both turned me off a lot. They both seemed really cheaply made.

But I'm not trying to dog on the shows, I've never seen them, and like I said I've actually heard pretty great things.

I think you're probably focusing too much on what're going to be very distinct differences between a big budget feature film and network TV. They're not necessarily 'cheaply made', or even cheap looking.....but they sure as hell will be if you are comparing them to 100+ million dollar summer blockbusters. Let each medium stand on its own merits.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you're interested in super heroes at all and aren't watching the Flash, you're fucking up.

Pluto

They both seemed really cheaply made.
Well, they're CW shows, they are relatively cheaply made compared to a 150 million dollar movie but they know how to use their budget effectively. They're both good shows, it took Arrow half a season to get going but since then it has been awesome amd Flash kicked ass from the start.

The Snyder movies may have better costume design but that's pretty much it, Man of Steel sucked and so far I've seen nothing about BvS that makes me hopeful that it won't suck as well. That they're apparently still riding The Dark Knight returns' dick is the worst mistake, can they please ignore that overrated POS comic and do something else?

Right now I'm not in love with the Supergirl costume but if the show is only half as entertaining as Flash it's going to be must see tv for me, the people running those shows know what they're doing and unlike the movie division they don't seem to be afraid to be a comic book adaptation.

I'd like it to be brighter, but it's still conveys Supergirl to me and if the show is good then I don;t really care about tiny things like colour vibrancy.

GalGadotWonderWoman.jpg

That Wonder Woman is horribly ironic in that the character is about female empowerment but instead in this day and age they continued on with a skimpy outfit with heels.

Zoe

The skirt is a mistake. Should have gone with a onesie. The visible stitching makes it look like cosplay. The shield is dope, though.

There's nothing wrong with a skirt, it's that skirt that sucks.

Griegite

still a junior
Seems fine to me. I just watched the first two seasons of Arrow so I'll be on the lookout for this as Berlanti seems to know what he's doing with DC TV Universe. Need to catch up on the Flash too.

infi

Not a fan of the skirt, makes her look like a cheerleader. The rest I don't mind except the cape but I accept that that wont change

Kevin

Costume looks fine. I'm not entirely sold on the show yet but I am definitely interested in seeing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom