• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

There is an unknown Clarke running around. She luckily starts to mention him less.

When you say unknown do you just mean that they have never explained which version of Superman it is?

And yea, it was kind of weird in the episode I saw. Constantly saying my cousin my cousin. A lot of namedropping.

When you say unknown do you just mean that they have never explained which version of Superman it is?

And yea, it was kind of weird in the episode I saw. Constantly saying my cousin my cousin. A lot of namedropping.

It's definitely their own Superman, but we've never seen his face or heard his voice, at least not as an adult.

Both sisters have delivered tear inducing scenes, this time Supergirl totally delivering it at the end. This show has really turned around and is absolutely nailing it now. Excellent stuff!

Finally caught up this week. That was a rather intense episode.

If Maxwell Lord thinks he was justified in trying to make kryptonite, then it only follows that he announce to the world that Supergirl's rampage was his fault. He's full of shit if he doesn't.

They casted young Superman.

For kid Superman. For the "For the Man Who Has Everything" episode.

Boo. That has been the biggest problem I've had with this show. While Kara was tripping on Red K I doubt Supes was "Fuck it, it is happy hour and I'm going to drink Perry under the table." They have shown him helping her once, why not now? Especially since Astra's lackeys are about to destroy everything and I doubt Kara and J'onn and the DEO and take them on themselves.

Skux

I'm late to catching up again. Marvelous episode.

I choked up at the end when Kara woke up. The feeling of hurting someone so badly that you think you might lose them is one of the worst feelings in the world, and Kara captured the remorse perfectly.

Love that everything isn't magically back to being okay after the Red K. She's damaged her relationships with everyone she knows, especially Alex and James, and even the city doesn't trust her anymore. It'll take quite a bit of rebuilding.

Really good episode and evil Kara was fine as hell:
http://www.webm.host/9a255/vid.webm

xThuW2kxunO82rnEUo.gif

Nutted but she still suckin

Boo. That has been the biggest problem I've had with this show. While Kara was tripping on Red K I doubt Supes was "Fuck it, it is happy hour and I'm going to drink Perry under the table." They have shown him helping her once, why not now? Especially since Astra's lackeys are about to destroy everything and I doubt Kara and J'onn and the DEO and take them on themselves.
There was a lot of backlash when Clark helped Kara out that one time (which I personally found stupid, him helping her out and the two messaging each other later was a cute cousin moment), it seems a big criticism is how the show name-dropped Clark during the early episodes. My guess is that even off-screen help wouldn't work as the writers might have feared more complaints over it.

Skux

Shoutout to the effects studio, Martian Manhunter looks great, at some points it even looks like a real life guy in a costume instead of a fully CG character (it might even be a mix of both).

Bo2jJqj.gif

6vWDUN7.gif

This close up is particularly convincing:

G1OUbaC.gif

There was a lot of backlash when Clark helped Kara out that one time (which I personally found stupid, him helping her out and the two messaging each other later was a cute cousin moment), it seems a big criticism is how the show name-dropped Clark during the early episodes. My guess is that even off-screen help wouldn't work as the writers might have feared more complaints over it.
The worst was the Indigo episode (which I think is also the worst of the series, so far), where Indigo was crashing global markets and wreaking havoc throughout the world, and Jimmy didn't even think to call Supes.

Joni

Superman actually knows there is another superpowered being in National City, so he might be deferring to Martian Manhunter. It could also be assumed that there are other threats in Metropolis.

I think the show getting renewed is definite, but it would be nice to get official confirmation.

Also still can't get over the fact that Melissa Benoist's eye injury didn't come from an accident while training for Supergirl but because she fell into a plant as a result of her dog.

I know the crossover with the Flash is next week. I doubt there will be a set up on this episode as I expect that to happen on tomorrow's Flash episode.

No, Legends of Tomorrow is another week off IIRC.
Finally trying to catch up on all the shows. Catching up on arrow now, and last ep i need of flash. Legends still behind, but caught up to agents of shield. Gotham might end up being the last thing i catch up on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom