• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Other then the poor end to the fight I liked the crossover. Would have rather seen them taking on random criminals and the focus being on the character interactions.

That was cheesy as hell but I enjoyed it. The charm level on Kara and Barry is just too damn high.

Judging from these posts, I can only assume the Flash wears the "L" in his name loud and proud.

Barry is on a network where literally every girl (and guy) is incredibly attractive and he managed to screw it up with every single one of them

Volimar

Great episode. As always Barry has more chemistry with everyone than he does with Iris.

Zack Snyder was found dead in his home, mind blown that something involving superheroes could be fun.

Probably blinded by the lack of a shitty filter making everything dark.

Toa TAK

Banned
Are you not watching the show or something

What are you doing posting on GAF instead of catching up

I'm sorry ok

Everytime I say I'm gonna watch it I never do

Tonight will be the night.

I will watch ONE episode damn it.
Barry is on a network where literally every girl (and guy) is incredibly attractive and he managed to screw it up with every single one of them

At that point you just deserve it.

GulAtiCa

I can easily see Star Labs from The Flash building a universe hopper soon. One for the obvious for their world's needs, but can also see it being tuned to allow access to other worlds/etc.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
So I'm guessing Jimmy's memory cuts out right before the kiss and some future event will prevent them from expressing their feelings for each other until a much later time.

Come on guys, didn't we have enough of this bullshit on Smallville.

Malvingt2

After the grim 'n' gritty Batman v Superman, Supergirl's "Worlds Finest" offered a fun, upbeat palette cleanser and one of the series' strongest episodes to date. Instead of the usual "beatdown" introduction, Supergirl and the Flash went straight to being superfriends, which was refreshing. Not only did Barry Allan fit perfectly in Kara's world, but actors Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist had fantastic chemistry together onscreen. While the city's turnaround on Supergirl's Red K incident was a little sudden, overall, "Worlds Finest" was delightful.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03...finest-review?abthid=56f9d27bd1c2621d7d000020

Livewire is totally blehhhh this episode. Last time she was choking people with lightning whips and now she does nothing but fire projectiles and get knocked out exactly the same way she got knocked out last time.

This really needed to be two episodes long. This episode tried to cover way too much, too fast... Ironically, the only scenes that felt well paced were Barry's. As it is, it was just a waste of all the episodes that were spent building this up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That was pretty cheesy. Supergirl and Flash team-up and neither of them saves the day? How is Silver Banshee throwing hands with Kara?

On the flip side, Barry and Kara had pretty good chemistry.

MartyStu

While Kara and Barry continue to light up any room they are in, every other aspect of this episode was so...dull.

And not to mention all the cheese.

And not even good self-aware Captain Cold cheese.

As always, this show lives and dies by Kara's(not Supergirl's) presence in a given scene.

Neoxon

I actually really liked this episode. Maybe I should take the time this weekend to catch up on Supergirl. Hopefully she stops by Flash & Green Arrow's Earth next season.

Barry & Kara's interactions were honestly the best thing about the episode. Their chemistry was indeed real. And I'm shocked that Kat caught on that quickly on Barry being The Flash (if only the Central City reporters were that observant).

ZeroX03

Banned
Livewire is totally blehhhh this episode. Last time she was choking people with lightning whips and now she does nothing but fire projectiles and get knocked out exactly the same way she got knocked out last time.

This really needed to be two episodes long. This episode tried to cover way too much, too fast... Ironically, the only scenes that felt well paced were Barry's. As it is, it was just a waste of all the episodes that were spent building this up.

With Grant Gustin's schedule? Impossible.

Magwik

Banned
Barry Allen: Genius when not in his own show

I mean he is surrounded by Harrison Wells who's responsible for 2 Earth's worth of Metahumans, Cisco who can go to home depot and make a gold gun, and Caitlyn who can synthesize a speedster drug casually.

With Grant Gustin's schedule? Impossible.

Considering my complaint that the plotlines not involving him weren't given enough time? No, the airtime is needed to build up the rest better and not end up with that totally half baked final showdown. Didn't really need more Barry than we got; just introduce him later on.

God I love the Flash. And this episode was cheesey as fuck and nonsensical but I don't even care because I was cheesing hard for 60 straight minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom