• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, getting over Kara has been the best thing ever for Winn's character. I used to find him completely annoying and he was pretty much my least favourite character in the show, but this episode he was really enjoyable, and really he has been since leaving the horrifically bad relationship drama. Just please never ever go back to that and stay winning.

As for this ep, insanely enjoyable. I'm not really a big fan of this show (although it's been shaping up in recent episodes), but I've been giggling all throughout this ep like nobody's business. And that's a kind of feeling I haven't really been getting much for all the superhero shoes lately.

RS4-

That was a goddamn fun episode. Some brutal stuff with that crowd shielding Kara, the firemen, and that Silver Banshee entrance when she busted through the wood.

That shit had me shaking my head.

Cat too good. Needs more Siobhan though.

Dereck

Umm....

FtVrW6C.gif

I can't pinpoint what makes this clip seem silly.

Briarios

I know everyone feels like the heroes didn't do anything to win, but you're kinda forgetting that Barry made the earpieces that totally took Banshee out of the fight. Yeah, the screwed the pooch with Livewire, but that's ok - they've got her electric powers as pretty much being able to affect anyone, and Supergirl literally sucks them up for half a minute.

So, one dispensed by our heroes, one by the city because Kara took one for the team ... I'm ok with that. Barry winning one with brains is an good lesson for him to remember.

As someone who hasn't ever seen this show and is watching it for The Flash, I uh...definitely am not looking into the rest of this. Every single side character had a scene where they pulled Cara aside for dating advice, the characters shout what they're thinking constantly, the acting is poor, and the writing is woefully simplistic even compared to the already shaky stuff of the CW.

Pachinko

The fact that supergirl is absurd dumb fun is like 90% of it's charm , this episode was no exception to that rule. Really, after 18 episodes the only complaint I can throw at it is the lightspeed pacing of the over all plot. In 44 minutes , they sometimes cram in 2 hours worth of story lines and the sub plot that started last week ? In most shows that would have been season 2's big thing but here , it's like rush rush rush. I guess when you aren't sure about getting a second season you don't know how much time you have left so you cram as much in there as possible. Might be problematic if they have to write another 20-40 episodes though.

I caught up on this show over the last week and the biggest revelation (besides Cat being awesome) is how great Melissa Benoist is. She excels at every acting scenario they put her in. She is so damn good. A really great casting choice.

As for the crossover, I really enjoyed it. The line at the end about two different Earths "being together" was way too clunky of an analogy to not be a potential hint at the future of this multiverse. My biggest issue with a potential merging of the two Earths is that I really, really don't want to have to deal with the Superman problem on Arrow and Flash. It already hangs over this show and causes issues.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I liked this episode, but I was confused by Banshee's punch affecting Kara. Does Banshee have superhuman strength?

This was the worst piece of superhero on TV ever. The fireman saving the day was the most cringe worthy shit I have ever seen. I thought, "hey, they're teaming up may as well watch and see." NOPE. There was a reason I dropped Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl and this episode was a big example why: they're all garbage.

I see The Flash still can't abuse his powers and, you know, punch people out before they even have a chance to react.

ZeroX03

Banned
This was the worst piece of superhero on TV ever. The fireman saving the day was the most cringe worthy shit I have ever seen. I thought, "hey, they're teaming up may as well watch and see." NOPE. There was a reason I dropped Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl and this episode was a big example why: they're all garbage.

I see The Flash still can't abuse his powers and, you know, punch people out before they even have a chance to react.

Tell us more.

lol, this episode's deficiencies were made up for by Barry, Kara, Cat, and Wynn.

- Grant Gustin is so goshdarn charming. "He was either a superhero or a Mormon." I think Cat still knows that Kara is Supergirl, but is letting Kara believe she doesn't know cause she knows it gives her normalcy. How else would she allow her constant absences?

- Melissa Benoist continues to be charming as all hell.

- Wynn no longer being madly in love with Kara bordering on stalker has done wonders for his character. I'm glad he's grown up.

- James is a cardboard mope.

- Livewire certainly wasn't as entertaining as in her debut. I really want her to have a proper lengthy arc on the show. The actress and super abilities are cool enough. She's kind of just being wasted as she is.

- Silver Banshee is so absurd. Not her powers, but the fact that she basically just got shitty makeup on courtesy of Livewire and some shit Halloween costume. I hope there's a deleted scene where Shiobanne is trying on shitty outfits similar to Kara trying out outfits in the pilot. That might have been fun.

- The villain takedown was fucking hilarious. Like a pair of jobbers. Bunch of firefighters douse Livewire in water and both go down. It's fucking embarrassing!

- I want to see Supergirl and Flash crossover again. Their charm and interactions are too good not to do again. And bring Ollie along too to be grumpy.

BBboy20

At first I thought James realized he actually loves Clark.
That would be big.

Umm....

FtVrW6C.gif

YGO:TAS is relevant again!

But seriously, does she have super strength? Does she just look like that in the comics or she also wear face paint?

I have to give props for the costume though, actually seems like a typical comic book design that ended up translating well to live-action (abet with it being so dark).

KonradLaw

THat was ridicoulsy charming episode. Both Barry and Kara are charming, so it was like overload of feels good emotions :D

The best bit for me was when Kat described Flash as a name of somebody who jumps out of dark alleys and flashes his junk :D

Mariolee

I loved all the dialogue stuff and the initial fight scenes, but gatdam that whole city rallies behind Supergirl thing went way too fast and was way too cheesy. And then finally the "race" between Flash and Supergirl. I was expecting something similar to Reverse Flash and Flash but the special effects in that scene were eeeeeh.

Overall I really enjoyed it for the character moments, but man I feel like Supergirl's writing team needs to step it up.

The fact that there's a curse that basically dooms everyone in Siobhan's family to be assholes was incredibly hilarious to me.

But seriously, does she have super strength? Does she just look like that in the comics or she also wear face paint?

I have to give props for the costume though, actually seems like a typical comic book design that ended up translating well to live-action (abet with it being so dark).

That was so absurd. She just randomly got weird super-strength though her powers are the scream. They should have done something more clever with the screaming, sound waves or something.

Honestly, the villain costuming in this show is really not good. Livewire should get some kind of neat containment suit.

ASM2 was a shitty movie, but Electro's suit looked pretty cool. Something like this for Livewire would be cool:

The look for Silver Banshee was okay, but I can't get the image of these two goofing around making her look like a Day of the Dead reveler out of my mind. Kind of wish that look emerged as part of the curse. Like... when did they go shopping for contacts and shit?

I mean... they went shopping for this shit.

I would have rather either it emerged as part of the curse, or it was more slapdash and a sign of her disintegrating mental state.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Umm....

FtVrW6C.gif

Fun fact: this "warehouse" is actually the inside of the buildings on the fake streets on the Warner Brothers lot. They take you in there on the tour.

Also this episode was gosh darned delightful. I wish anything could make me half as happy as Kara was to get that ice cream cone.

Evilcrane

l2QZXc27QoRagXsmk.gif

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The fireman and citizens saving supergirl was indeed cringe.
Everything else was nice though.
Bring kara to Flash so she can help Barry, and fall in love with Sisqo.

Sober

Isn't magic one of Superman/Supergirl's weaknesses? I just assume curse = magic = she can punch Kara however, although I guess getting knocked back some from a punch was for effect mostly.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I really liked the episode, but it was funny seeing them cockblock Kara again at the end - she will never get James. Also lol at Barry giving her relationship advise...this shit was just too funny.

Silver Banshea looked great - i hope Shavan will redeem herself in the future, my poor boy Wynn lost his bae.

Flash still felt a bit like a Jobber this episode, but this has less to with him than with the show...Supergirl always gets owned first as well and she is OP as fuck. I kinda had hoped Barry to get the Green Arrow treatment, who is ridiculous overpowered in every cross over episode lol.

No need to repeat at this point - but Cat is the best character in this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom