• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlsojo

Alex going back was dumb but her fighting Supergirl in an exosuit is about a good as fight as I think we're going to get in Season 1.

Sometimes bravery and stupidity go hand in hand.

Yeah. While she should have stayed not only would almost none of the hero supporting characters do that, some people would probably complain about her sitting this out had she done so.

Please tell me Lord salvages the exo-suit so he can build a Warsuit.

Maybe not that but would be shocked if he doesn't come away with something from all this.

Luigi87

Just started watching the episode, and as someone who only learned a few weeks ago that Calista Flockhart is Harrison Ford's wife, that line killed me.

ZeroX03

Banned
Alex did go full stupid at the end. There was nothing she could do in the city except weaken Hank.

Man, they are full steam ahead into having Darkseid as the Big Bad in season 2, with Myriad being a piece of, if not all of the Anti-Life Equation.

I'm not too sure about that. What we do know is
Cadmus will be a significant part

Maddocks

Convinced this episode true title was:

Supergirl - Dumb Decisions.

We got hi superman, bye superman all because he is human now because he was raised by humans since he was a baby, but since Kara was 14-16 she wasn't effected. Why did they even have an excuse for him not being around if they are going to have him show up and become a slave? Then Alex demands to go back to the city and become a burden to Hank. Top of that fake Zod decides instead of using Superman vs Supergirl because after all superman already bent the knee(no shame in it) so why not have it be real blood vs blood instead of feels vs feels?

That was my take from the episode, just poor decisions all around.

We got hi superman, bye superman all because he is human now because he was raised by humans since he was a baby, but since Kara was 14-16 she wasn't effected. Why did they even have an excuse for him not being around if they are going to have him show up and become a slave? Then Alex demands to go back to the city and become a burden to Hank. Top of that fake Zod decides instead of using Superman vs Supergirl because after all superman already bent the knee(no shame in it) so why not have it be real blood vs blood instead of feels vs feels?

The better excuse would be that Myriad has an "ignore list." Kara is immune because Astra programmed it to exempt her blood relatives, but Kal isn't because he's not Astra's family. J'onn brute forces through it with telepathy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I must admit, I laughed at the stupidity of Supergirl saying that she was going to use "Hope" to try to stop Myriad. I appreciated that the dude thought that sounded dumb.

Yeah... Alex is dumb but making characters super stupid for plot purposes is pretty much a standard these Berlanti DC shows. The Harrison Ford line was the best in the episode. LOL Superman, so fucking cheap, like I've been saying since this was rumored they should've either had Clark not exist or killed him off prior to the show starting seeing as they can't fucking use him as an actual character.

Oh shit I just realized Myriad is the Anti-Life equation.

Yeah but at the same time there's no way in hell they're getting Darkseid, at absolutely best his lesser minions might show up.

Supergirl could have caught the women who fell too.
Superman should have stayed on a job away from Earth.
Alex going to city was stupid as fuck.
Martian Manjobber is getting real lame.

Otherwise this episode was a whole lot of nothing.

Luigi87

Who the fuck is kelly

You know, Kelly!
She was totally there, in the office, and relevant and stuff! Like Kara knew her. She worked for Cat. Her desk was a few desks away from Winn's. That right there shows a true connection that we, the audience, shouldn't take for gratitude. She will be missed.

Also one thing that bugged me after I finished watching the episode was... Non went from "She will no longer be a threat to us" after to "Imma make you fight your sister."
Like, how did he know exactly...

Toa TAK

Banned
Man that episode was something else.

Indigo is still super lame, and I don't think Non's plan is all that bad.

Actually, the real hero here is Non.

This is how they got Ras al Ghul on Arrow. They kept dropping references and hints until they had to let them use him.

Yeah but the WB's film division probably has no plans to use Ra's any time soon.
Darkseid is very likely the big bad for Justice League.

And we'd been better off if Arrow hadn't...

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah but the WB's film division probably has no plans to use Ra's any time soon.
Darkseid is very likely the big bad for Justice League.

And we'd been better of if Arrow hadn't...

Yeah, Arrow probably was able to use Ra's beause Nolan already used him for his trilogy and the films are probably going to use other villains.

Eh, Ra's was decent until the second half of the season. That mid-season finale was so good.

Joni

I now want to see Cat Grant interview Harrison Ford. I wonder if this means Mark Hamill and the Trickster are doubles. He just became a famous Star Wars actor on one Earth and a villain on another one.

I hope so. Of course if the universes ever merge what happens to Star Wars which also exists on Earth 1? Hell who plays Luke? Does Mark Hamill even exist and if so what does he look like compared to the Trickster?

Yeah, Arrow probably was able to use Ra's beause Nolan already used him for his trilogy and the films are probably going to use other villains.

Eh, Ra's was decent until the second half of the season. That mid-season finale was so good.

Yeah, it's the second half they completely dropped the ball with the character with, well you know.

The better excuse would be that Myriad has an "ignore list." Kara is immune because Astra programmed it to exempt her blood relatives, but Kal isn't because he's not Astra's family. J'onn brute forces through it with telepathy.

I think I'm inserting this in my brain as personal canon, as its much better than what they actually showed.

Joni

There is a problem with how Myriad works. It works on aliens, but not on all the aliens in the DEO base but it would be able to conquer their planet?

There is a problem with how Myriad works. It works on aliens, but not on all the aliens in the DEO base but it would be able to conquer their planet?

This writing team hasn't exactly shown a willingness to cover up all the holes they make, but maybe 1) the one alien we saw that was broken out first just happens to be immune, similar to how J'onn can shield himself; and 2) whatever keeps the other aliens imprisoned also blocks whatever Myriad is doing, since it's established to be a broadcast signal of some sort.

They've also shown the ability to selectively turn their control over certain beings off (see themselves not being controlled, and they were able to turn Alex's control off then back on), so there's that.

Joni

This writing team hasn't exactly shown a willingness to cover up all the holes they make, but maybe 1) the one alien we saw that was broken out first just happens to be immune, similar to how J'onn can shield himself; and 2) whatever keeps the other aliens imprisoned also blocks whatever Myriad is doing, since it's established to be a broadcast signal of some sort.

They've also shown the ability to selectively turn their control over certain beings off (see themselves not being controlled, and they were able to turn Alex's control off then back on), so there's that.
It is just a bit strange as they seemed to ask the other aliens to bend to them and they didnt want the white Martian to do so. But yeah probably some way to turn it off.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
What was the Harrison Ford line again?

Also, if Supes chose Amy Adams-Lois Lane over that Maxima? Yeah, I guess he has a penchant for Ls.

It is just a bit strange as they seemed to ask the other aliens to bend to them and they didnt want the white Martian to do so. But yeah probably some way to turn it off.

They only asked one alien to join them - Maxima. Maybe the rest they didn't have to worry about, aside from the White Martian whom they knew would be able to shield itself.

Would be neat if they definitively showed that sticking someone in a DEO cage blocks the Myriad effect, the same way Lord's earpieces do.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
lol at the show shitting on Superman haha - as if BvS box office performance wasnt bad enough, now he is a jobber even on Supergirl.

They also need to nerf Cat Grant - she is OP as fuck and too awesome.

So, I'm thinking whatever they do to stop Myriad, it's going to somehow mess up Maxwell Lord through his earpiece. Then he'll have his mind control powers from the comics, on top of just generally being pissed that they didn't listen to him again and messed him up because of it.

Joni

There is a clear explanation for Superman being affected: his mom had an off-world romance. Jor-El isn't his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom