• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Hope it isn't john because that would mean 2 things, he is racist(against aliens) and they would water him the fuck down yet again.

Him being so obsessed with security would be explained by the Eradicator programming, making it was part of Fort Rozz's computer system.

Pilgrimzero

Finally getting around to watching it,

WTH with "President decree here says she is ordered to help us."

Why does every episode have the Gov/DEO ordering Kara to do something? Do they pay her? Did she sign a contract?

I keep waiting for her to tell them to fuck off. "I don't work for you. I am here out of the kindness of my heart, not because of your orders."

Also a million witnesses see that car driver swung at her first. No way on Earth would the media be taking his side, especially since he did almost hit a bunch of kids.

Joni

Also a million witnesses see that car driver swung at her first. No way on Earth would the media be taking his side, especially since he did almost hit a bunch of kids.
Let's try that with a tiny girl swinging at Floyd Mayweather, Jr after which he hits back.

Pilgrimzero

Let's try that with a tiny girl swinging at Floyd Mayweather, Jr after which he hits back.

She didn't hit him. She caught his fist.

It's the least she could have done short of just letting him break his hand on her face (or just getting out of the way which he would have just kept coming.)

Finally getting around to watching it,

WTH with "President decree here says she is ordered to help us."

Why does every episode have the Gov/DEO ordering Kara to do something? Do they pay her? Did she sign a contract?

I keep waiting for her to tell them to fuck off. "I don't work for you. I am here out of the kindness of my heart, not because of your orders."

Because she's a woman.

Tomita

The media would totally throw a fit over what Supergirl did. The problem was I think the scene itself was pretty weak. They pan to the kids who are all either cringing or looking terrified, which would just never happen imo. At best you would get a mixed bag of different reactions. I think most of the kids would lean towards fanboying / fangirling over Supergirl unless she straight up murdered puppies or something, because kids just naturally want to like superheroes. The point is that Supergirl is unimaginably powerful (to everyone else), and she's still new, so you have no idea how she can react to certain situations. Superman? He's been around for about a decade, so most people who pay attention know his MO, but you can't say the same for Supergirl. Even then, I bet some people still think Superman is utterly terrible and they're just a minority at this point. Can you just imagine the media blow up, with one side flipping out over how Supergirl is gonna straight up murder everyone, while the other side went "Holy crap wait up here, can we not jump to conclusions for once???" But the show couldn't show that, so instead weakly showed a group of kids all looking terrified. I doubt a group of kids would really all be terrified. Probably should have had maybe some small, younger kids in the mix, and they could maybe look scared, while the older kids were still like FUCK YEAH, SUPERGIRL, and then some Concerned Adult could step in going OMG SUPERGIRL U A BAD ROLE MODEL, YOU'RE MAKING SALLY CRY!! But that's not 100% clear cut as far as reactions go, so maybe the writers thought they needed to be more obvious.

I dunno. I get what they were trying to convey so I just kind of shrugged the silly scene off, but I totally understand why it bothers some people. It is pretty silly, haha.

Effect

If you guys start shipping Winn and Kara it could work.
it worked for Ollicity

Do people even like that pairing? I haven't been paying much attention to twitter, etc regarding the show. Or are people all set for the Kara/James pairing and waiting for that to progress and for Lucy to get take a hike?

Volimar

If Henshaw was Manhunter it'd be the biggest misdirection ever. I was really looking forward to Cyborg Superman big bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom