• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That J'onn reveal legit shook me, I still can't believe it.

I wonder if they'll give him a decent fighting budget and not make him a complete jobber like in JL

Penguin

We live in a world where Martian Manhunter, Gorilla Grodd and King Shark have all been part of TV shows in 2015.

I want to cry!

anaron

I almost wish Kreisberg didn't hype it up just for the complete and utter shock in an otherwise lower key episode - but it doesn't really matter, because it didn't lose anything. shit was/is amazing.

Slayven

Bah left a nasty taste in my mouth once again MM is relegated to side character that occasionally jumps up to be slapped down. Dude should have his own show.

TreIII

Making Henshaw not evil is the right way to do this ... It's nice to have an agency and hero support that's not corrupt.

Agreed. I was starting to get a bit weary with how this show followed a lot of the same cues as The Flash season one, right down to having a "shady mentor figure" that our protag was working on.

Glad to see that Henshaw is not just a Reverse-Flash setup all over again.

MartyStu

Bah left a nasty taste in my mouth once again MM is relegated to side character that occasionally jumps up to be slapped down. Dude should have his own show.

His powerset is just too redonk.

In particular: phase shifting, shape shifting, telekinesis and telepathy

Any one of those would be too much, but all those PLUS Superman's powerset is way too broken for a tv protagonist.

You would need to neuter him in order to make it work.

Slayven

His encyclopedic knowledge of comics is both a blessing and a curse.

To know the potential and see it squandered can be maddening.

Any one of those would be too much, but all those PLUS Superman's powerset is way too much for a tv protagonist.

His stories are never about his powers, it is about him trying to fit in a world not his own.

Folks should read his solo series one of DC's best.

Effect

I wonder who the other person is who knows about J'onn. Superman I guess?

That's what I thought and possibly why he's cool with Kara working with the DEO. For a second there I was really wondering if they would actually have him transform.So glad they did.

I almost wish Kreisberg didn't hype it up just for the complete and utter shock in an otherwise lower key episode - but it doesn't really matter, because it didn't lose anything. shit was/is amazing.

I hadn't even seen that that happened so I didn't see it coming in the least :D

That's what I thought and possibly why he's cool with Kara working with the DEO. For a second there I was really wondering if they would actually have him transform.So glad they did.

I like that idea.

That was so good that they had him transform.

Any one of those would be too much, but all those PLUS Superman's powerset is way too broken for a tv protagonist.

I'd say it's more an issue of cost than storytelling. There's tons of cool shit to be done with him, but nothing that any network on earth could afford to put out week after week :p

MartyStu

To know the potential and see it squandered can be maddening.

His stories are never about his powers, it is about him trying to fit in a world not his own.

Folks should read his solo series one of DC's best.

Right, but that works much better in the comics. Any network that would even entertain such a character would try to shoehorn him into one of the battle-tested Superhero show formats.

And his solo series is pretty amazing, but even there, the same sort of shenanigans that I am afraid a show would run with are present.

Effect

I hope west coast watchers know to stay away from this thread and twitter, well for any show really, until they've seen the episode.

anaron

JO906bb.jpg

Malvingt2

I do want the crossover with the Flash now. if we think about it, the Justice League is almost complete for Arrowverse.

Earth 2 Aquaman? hint by Jay Earth 1 "Green Arrow and The Flash" plus Hal teased

SuperGirl + MM in here... just missing WW?

I know... Superman is part of this universe but still.

Volimar

I do want the crossover with the Flash now. if we think about it, the Justice League is almost complete for Arrowverse.

Earth 2 Aquaman? hint by Jay Earth 1 "Green Arrow and The Flash" plus Hal teased

SuperGirl + MM in here... just missing WW?

I know... Superman is part of this universe but still.

The Bat

Slayven

Based on what, the three seconds he's been revealed onscreen?

They not going to suddenly start givng him more screen time. Not when they got Supergirl still learning the ropes, a love pentagon, AND Kara's flashbacks

But you right, I never hate watch, so I will just drop it and catch up on the flash.

Enjoy.

So, those crazy fans that didn't know who Hank Henshaw was at all and were just blindly guessing he was Martian Manhunter because of the red eyes were right. Huh.

Briarios

So why is he such a hardass to Kara then? Overcompensating?

To make her work harder, to take things seriously -- once he realized she was going to do the hero thing, he had to make sure she was the best she could be to keep her safe. It makes his original reluctance then sudden acceptance make perfect sense in hindsight. It seemed rushed before, but now it's clear.

anaron

So, those crazy fans that didn't know who Hank Henshaw was at all and were just blindly guessing he was Martian Manhunter because of the red eyes were right. Huh.
Once someone suggested it, I really wanted it to be true. AND IT WAS

plus it made sense considering him being such a good dude so far.

They not going to suddenly start givng him more screen time. Not when they got Supergirl still learning the ropes, a love pentagon, AND Kara's flashbacks

But you right, I never hate watch, so I will just drop it and catch up on the flash.

Enjoy.

Why do you think they would even bother introducing him if they weren't going to use him at all?

I wasn't aware you had access to the scripts of future episodes. Can you tell me what the PowerBall numbers are going to be next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom