• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I liked this episode. Pretty much all parts even, other than the love triangle thing. I loved the scene with Kara in the store.

Kat continues to be great, as does Max. It's fun to see those characters on screen.

It's a shame that the Hankshaw reveal was spoiled to me by some idiot in the Agent Carter thread. That said, I'm so glad that he isn't the bad guy. Speaking of which, I totally forgot about the Aunt. I hope the show pics up the pace a little, instead of continuing the freak of the week.

Skux

For those disappointed in the series so far I think this could be a big turning point. I've watched a bunch of interviews with the cast and showrunners and they feel like they're finally free of some of the constraints of the early episodes and just prepared to go in all guns blazing from here on out.

Joni

There is a tendency to spoil things with the thread titles like the current titles for Arrow and The Flash, which went up the day of the episode.

For those disappointed in the series so far I think this could be a big turning point. I've watched a bunch of interviews with the cast and showrunners and they feel like they're finally free of some of the constraints of the early episodes and just prepared to go in all guns blazing from here on out.

yes.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned

Thank god.

KevinCow

Banned

I would love it if this show manages to make a turnaround like Gotham and Agents of SHIELD did.

Volimar

Now that we have this reveal though, are Astra and Lord enough of a big bad to keep us going in the right direction? Without Cyborg Superman looming over us it feels kind of light on the serious villainy.

We don't know if the real Hank Henshaw will show up at some point. If he does, he'll surely be a cyborg.

About Astra...
I think she might work with/for Non, but I don't know for sure.

Volimar

We don't know if the real Hank Henshaw will show up at some point. If he does, he'll surely be a cyborg.

About Astra...
I think she might work with/for Non, but I don't know for sure.

Sure but it was different with ol' red eyes right there. Real Henshaw is a pretty nebulous threat right now.

Joni

I'm thinking Astra works for somebody, or even against someone more evil, who is only introduced through flashes of a Superman fight that seemingly kills Superman.

strafer

interesting

anaron

I would love it if this show manages to make a turnaround like Gotham and Agents of SHIELD did.
Except Supergirl has been nowhere near as bad as those two were initially.

David Harewood hints as to when Kara will find out his true identity

When will Kara find out about J’onn J’onzz on Supergirl? — Bart
I’d say relatively soon since the duo will be working together in a very unique way in an upcoming episode. “He actually pretends to be Supergirl,” David Harewood teases of his shapeshifting hero. “She gets to see Supergirl for the first time, as Kara. It’s quite a thing for her to see herself taking off and flying into the sky. It fills her with pride that there’s this female superhero. She looks awesome.”

Joni

Maybe there just isn't an audience bigger than 1.5 to watch this type of show live. No matter if it is flash, shield or gotham. Young people might be too good at the dvr thing.

I'm thinking Astra works for somebody, or even against someone more evil, who is only introduced through flashes of a Superman fight that seemingly kills Superman.

We already know she does because she spoke to someone (who was shot over the shoulder style) in that one episode.

Skelter

Banned
Maybe there just isn't an audience bigger than 1.5 to watch this type of show live. No matter if it is flash, shield or gotham. Young people might be too good at the dvr thing.

Yup. I have yet to watch the show live. Hell, I saw the first episode at NYCC.

I have no idea how viewers are counted but recording shows aren't included in that 1.5?

I'm really liking how the show is turning out. Manhunter is just one of my favorites and it was a huge surprise! I hope the show only keeps getting better. I'm getting sick of Wynn though.

So is Superman the one other person who knows the truth about Martian Manhunter? I've got to imagine this is pre-Justice League what with him being a secret, so I can't imagine anyone else.

Joni

So is Superman the one other person who knows the truth about Martian Manhunter? I've got to imagine this is pre-Justice League what with him being a secret, so I can't imagine anyone else.
Yeah, we can only assume that is the person that knows. Unless it is a small hint that Jeremiah is still alive.

Supergirl is legit good know it took a few episodes to get going, what a time to be alive, Agents of shield arrow flash supergirl Gotham agent Carter legends of tomorrow and all the dc and marvel movies

Watched the pilot when it aired, thought it was alright, so kinda brushed off watching more until I heard good things down the road.

Saw about the Martian Manhunter being revealed, and had to jump back in. Watched all 7 episodes in 3 days, and was surprised at how good this show is, IMO. Benoist is the best, and I love the characterizations of Kara, Cat and James so far.

Definitely on board for the rest of the season, and hopefully more, if renewed and still entertaining.

Joni

Luckily it is only one month, the amount of Berlanti cliffhangers is enough to drive people crazy over the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom