• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCreasy

He knows way, way too much for that to be realistic.
You can't have recurring villains know literally everything there is to know about the heroes. He even knows Clark Kent is Superman! If they really do go that route they would have to have him forget certain things or kill him off quickly because he knows way more than is feasibly possible to write around.

If
he's infatuated with Kara and thus feels some duty to protect her, that could work. Help complicate his motivations. He doesn't think he's a villain, etc.

Any chance we could ever get
Superboy
on the show? Wasn't there a rumor a while back that they were looking to cast
a young Clark Kent?

JCreasy

But I thought they cast Henry Czerny as
Toyman

Oh you're right. Just looked it up.

Still think Winn
will go left at some point. His frustration with Kara represented the opposite of the "good underdog that deserves a chance" trope. That blistering rebuke he handed her made me feel more bad for her, not him.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
k2jccWh.gif

Holy Shit. Ain't even mad I spoiled it for myself. It's Martian Manhunter. I'll still be surprised when I finally watch. My kids are going to be so amped!!!

Y'all know Winn
is going to be a villain right? He's Toyman. They winked at this when they referenced all the toys he has on his desk a few episodes back. And I think Lord will be his Lex Luthor. The heavy hinting that Winn is a Lord super fan feels too deliberate. Lord wil use his toys as weapons and Toyman will try and assasinate him

The way Winn was being a shitlord last night I can believe it.
His powers will be based on his friendzone abilities.

Winn is going to end up being another one of those bitter Reddit users and all his villainy will be centered around that.
Please, Supergirl writers, realize the amazing opportunity you have. Kick Winn's ass to the curb and don't have Kara falling for this stupid 'give the nerd dude a chance' shtick.

Joni

WHAM. I was hoping for Martian Manhunter, but I didn't expect them to actually do it. He also looked great. Can't wait to see that evolve further.
There was also a small hint Jeremiah is alive right? Only one person alive knows who Henshaw really is.

WHAM. I was hoping for Martian Manhunter, but I didn't expect them to actually do it. He also looked great. Can't wait to see that evolve further.
There was also a small hint Jeremiah is alive right? Only one person alive knows who Henshaw really is.

I would imagine it's Superman, could explain why Clark isn't that concerned about these escaped alien prisoners and shit because Martian Manhunter is on it.

Joni

I would imagine it's Superman, could explain why Clark isn't that concerned about these escaped alien prisoners and shit because Martian Manhunter is on it.
True, he said person. Still hope they have more Dean Cain.

Also want to highlight my first experience with the green dude.

jl8__10_by_yalews-d4mrewy.jpg

JCreasy

MM was quite the surprise. Did not see that coming.

My own personal wish would be to see Val-Zod make an appearance. Yes, I know that's an aggressive stretch, but hope to see it anyway.

KevinCow

Banned
Okay I was considering dropping this show but that Martian Manhunter reveal is gonna keep me on for at least a little bit longer.

Romez

Winn is a little bitch, hate that dude. Trying to shame her, nothing's even happened other than a hug.

She shouldn't have apologised.

Now that he's here, what do we think his powers are? We know he has shape-shifting, and he also has super strength (snapping Jemm's neck or just pulling apart that bomb in an earlier episode), but do we think he has his whole Swiss army knife power set? He also doesn't seem Kryptonian strong, since he couldn't break free from Astra's grasp without a kryptonite knife, but that could very well be an act.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Now that he's here, what do we think his powers are? We know he has shape-shifting, and he also has super strength (snapping Jemm's neck or just pulling apart that bomb in an earlier episode), but do we think he has his whole Swiss army knife power set? He also doesn't seem Kryptonian strong, since he couldn't break free from Astra's grasp without a kryptonite knife, but that could very well be an act.

Probably has his phasing ability

I'd imagine the Astra bit was him keeping his cover

Probably has his phasing ability

I'd imagine the Astra bit was him keeping his cover
I think phasing and mind reading/control are implied but never shown. Regarding phasing, the biggest question is why he didn't phase through the bomb, and shapeshifting could resolve the cuff issue (morph into a smaller body). Mind reading/control is implied when the projection of Kara's mother says no living species could resist Jemm.

Blader

Just watched the last ep -- holy shit! Did not see Martian Manhunter coming at all, hell of a twist.

Astra is such a lame villain, though, I hope she's not the actual big bad of the season.

Skux

All caught up! That was a lot of fun. Pretty clever misdirection with the Martian Manhunter reveal, although he was probably second in line with people's predictions. Still a real surprise, and he looks freaking awesome to boot.

Is Supergirl's suit the same as Super Saiyan hair? It just appears when she needs it? lol

Thematically that episode was on point. The whole "you don't need superpowers to be a hero" is a great message and one that's rarely addressed in the other comic shows.

Regarding Winn, I can't hate him... because I used to be him. I know he looks like such a simp pining over Kara and then trying to "warn" her about getting involved with James while having an ulterior motive, but I understand the emotion behind it, and the shitty things it can make you do. I hope there's some kind of redemption for him later down the line.

Astra needs to make a big powerplay soon, to establish herself as a credible threat. Villain reveals (Reverse Flash, Merlin, Slade) work best when the character is someone we're already familiar with, but we haven't had that opportunity with Astra yet.

And the Astra symbol is that S you drew in school

Toa TAK

Banned
Astra needs to make a big powerplay soon, to establish herself as a credible threat. Villain reveals (Reverse Flash, Merlin, Slade) work best when the character is someone we're already familiar with, but we haven't had that opportunity with Astra yet.

And the Astra symbol is that S you drew in school
Astra is lame so far, but I'm hoping she does right by this winter break episode. At least give us a cool fight.

And lol @ the S.

Phyranion

Merging Supergirl with the Arrowverse would open soooo many doors. We could even get a pretty cool Justice League with Supergirl, The Flash, The Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Atom and Hawkgirl. So many possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom