• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an unfortunate coincidence that Alex just happened to leave her purse at that angle and that direction.

This show kinda makes me sad that Superman tv series were always kinda half-assed.
It needs work but this is what Smallville should have shifted towards halfway through.

Has Cat Grant ever been a remotely interesting character as she is here?

Eh, I would put it at around season eight (which would've changed it substantially) or even the end of nine would've been fine. Had Welling had any interest in wearing the suit which he never did and part of his taking the part in the first place was not having to and WB's film division not been such assbags (along with John Peters maybe?) he might have because yeah, the premise of the series was already wearing thin the by the end of season five.
Lord have James a fucking black eye. Nobody gives a shit.

Henshaw raises a good point. Supergirl looks like a blonde cheerleader.

Toyman is actually kinda creepy.

Alex going on a date with Lord. Christ.

Cat continues to be fabulous.

Oh my God, Henshaw as Lord is fantastic. That's hilarious.

Oh shit oh shit oh shit, Wynn kissed Kara and it was awkward as fuuuuuuck

Toyman is legitimately insane.

Supergirl's solution for making an ice wall made no sense.

Damn, Wynn dropped the L bomb. You gotta love the brutal honesty here. Respect for Wynn went way up.

Oh my God Maxwell Lord now knows.

You saw my post in either the Flash or Arrow LoT OT didn't you? :p

It's an unfortunate coincidence that Alex just happened to leave her purse at that angle and that direction.

Eh, I would put it at around season eight (which would've changed it substantially) or even the end of nine would've been fine. Had Welling had any interest in wearing the suit which he never did and part of his taking the part in the first place was not having to and WB's film division not been such assbags (along with John Peters maybe?) he might have because yeah, the premise of the series was already wearing thin the by the end of season five.

You saw my post in either the Flash or Arrow OT didn't you? :p

It might have been season 8 or so, just whenever that whole blur thing was at its limits.
Its like Smallville had moments when it wanted to turn into Superman especially with the later villains but literally anyone with a word in was like
"this isn't a Superman show"

Its really nice that Supergirl just says screw it and went for it even if it doesn't work all the time.
As early as we are Lex, Chloe and Lois are the only things all of Smallville has on Supergirl right now for me.

Malvingt2

RqbtOFA.gif

It was brutal.

PreFire

Super friend zoned. What did he expect lol. She's not feeling you bro

Supergirl couldn't hear homie getting kidnapped by his psychotic dad?

Her sister going on a date with lord lol

And why is she pushing MM? I think he knows what he's doing. Even though he did get caught on an "invisible" camera

Lots of weird shit last ep

MM cgi is pretty good though. Still not feeling the super girl flight scenes though lol

Joni

Jeremy Jordan gave a very good performance today. Great performance. If only his character name was Jeremy because it reminded me of a song.

His name is Jeremy, working in IT
Never questions why he has always been
An extra careful guy, sensitive and shy
Risk assessment is his investment in a life of no surprise
Till she walked into his life

Toyman was no Trickster or Vertigo but still comes with a lot of Joker potential. So glad on that area too. They should get Toyman's actor to talk to Mark Hamill, get some pointers on how to improve the character.

Supergirl couldn't hear homie getting kidnapped by his psychotic dad?
It seems she has to listen, like otherwise the scene with her not listening in on Lucy doesn't make sense.

Cafeman

Very foolish for Kara to be lounging about at her sister's apartment, wearing her super suit, especially in this day and age of electronic monitoring. I guess she hasn't trained herself to actively look for these things (or listen for them), as Superman could in the comics.

I don't like Maxwell Lord knowing already. Will they get MM to erase his brain too? MM has nothing on Heroes' Haitian, who could pull select things out of a person's head, not give them permanent amnesia. That ability could quickly become a deus ex machina though, hope they stop that power from being used.

Pizza ... looked horrible. Hard as cardboard, nothing even fell off it when they clanked pieces. Did the girls even take a bite or just pretend to? I saw chewing but saw no bite mark on either piece. Then they threw the pieces back onto the table (garsh I'm full already!).

I liked how Toyman was handled. Great actor for Toy Sr., and Winn (jr) was excellent in this ep. Fun episode.

Joni

I don't think they will have him forget the next episode. He will use that knowledge for Jane doe first so he will know for a bit of time.

Cafeman

Supergirl Episode Cliff's notes

TM escapes, MM flies while AD watches in tight pants, then MM (as ML) snoops on BSG then erases ML's guard's brain. Meanwhile TMjr cries and kisses SG (who inhaled). CG hires LL, causing JO to sulk. ML sees MM and sees SG is really KD, meanwhile ML is growing a BSG.

Tabby

Supergirl Episode Cliff's notes

TM escapes, MM flies while AD watches in tight pants, then MM (as ML) snoops on BSG then erases ML's guard's brain. Meanwhile TMjr cries and kisses SG (who inhaled). CG hires LL, causing JO to sulk. ML sees MM and sees SG is really KD, meanwhile ML is growing a BSG.

So many abbreviations.

Pachimari

I really need to catch up on this show. I only finished episode 5 I think it was, with the radio host becoming that lightning villain.

They're definitely giving J'onn a bit of M'Gann ' s Young Justice Season 2 arc. Basically, if a telepath pushes too hard against a mind that's putting up significant resistance, they can render the subject catatonic.

Very foolish for Kara to be lounging about at her sister's apartment, wearing her super suit, especially in this day and age of electronic monitoring. I guess she hasn't trained herself to actively look for these things (or listen for them), as Superman could in the comics.

I don't like Maxwell Lord knowing already. Will they get MM to erase his brain too? MM has nothing on Heroes' Haitian, who could pull select things out of a person's head, not give them permanent amnesia. That ability could quickly become a deus ex machina though, hope they stop that power from being used.

Pizza ... looked horrible. Hard as cardboard, nothing even fell off it when they clanked pieces. Did the girls even take a bite or just pretend to? I saw chewing but saw no bite mark on either piece. Then they threw the pieces back onto the table (garsh I'm full already!).

I liked how Toyman was handled. Great actor for Toy Sr., and Winn (jr) was excellent in this ep. Fun episode.

Yeah, that was blatantly obvious fake pizza.

It would be super great if they would write him in a manner that he just deals with the rejection and moves on with this life. Man, wouldn't that be refreshing for once.

Joni

It would be super great if they would write him in a manner that he just deals with the rejection and moves on with this life. Man, wouldn't that be refreshing for once.
It won't probably be the case, the words of Toyman have hit home. He'll have to deal with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom