• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

He makes a good point, Eastenders should be full of minorites, instead most families are white. Also they all speak English.

Last nights episode was so bad, the constant turning back human, even when the white martian was knocked out (what? it should default to its natural look, not use more energy shapeshifting) was cheap and boring, and the night fight to hide the awful effects and fight in general was lame.

Also, the white martain refers to itself as 'White Martian'. That's not some major complaint, but it is stupid.

Also what stops the Wite Martain giving away Hank is an alien to anyone at the DEO.

anaron

He makes a good point, Eastenders should be full of minorites, instead most families are white. Also they all speak English.

Last nights episode was so bad, the constant turning back human, even when the white martian was knocked out (what? it should default to its natural look, not use more energy shapeshifting) was cheap and boring, and the night fight to hide the awful effects and fight in general was lame.

Also, the white martain refers to itself as 'White Martian'. That's not some major complaint, but it is stupid.

Also what stops the Wite Martain giving away Hank is an alien to anyone at the DEO.

why would it keep shifting back when it's natural form would just make it an easier target? In the DEO they're going to immediately shoot a giant white alien, not a senator.

The Mars flashbacks. :( Considering the comic geek involved with this show I would be surprised if Bizarro-Girl doesn't start talking talking the way Bizarro does as she starts breaking down.

why would it keep shifting back when it's natural form would just make it an easier target? In the DEO they're going to immediately shoot a giant white alien, not a senator.

The shooting doesn't do shit anyway, and again, when it is knocked out it still does it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Really good episode thanks to the developments in both Cat and Martian Manhunter. Glad Winn is being shown the door (or elevator lololololol), but I do miss Jimmy even though he had a hilariously small part to play this episode (that filter, really?) But all-in-all this show has been getting better and better and I can't wait to see Bizzaro Supergirl.

Also, as always, major props to David Harewood. I feel like he did a great job delivering his dialogue about Martians and such while not feeling silly watching it. Plus, loved this "comic book" line right there. Nice wink wink nudge nudge kinda line, but the way he says it just sells it.

Joni

The shooting doesn't do shit anyway, and again, when it is knocked out it still does it.
The shifting mechanism probably doesn't take into account what can kill and what not. It was also attacked by something that cut off a finger, so it would think it was in danger.

ZeroX03

Banned
Caught up late, always have trouble staying on top of Supergirl (all I do is Winn).

So is Blake Jenner a weak actor or does he just have no chemistry with his wife? I'm leaning toward the former?

All the Martian stuff was great. Any scenes involving the Manhunter or Cat are usually quality.

anaron

Caught up late, always have trouble staying on top of Supergirl (all I do is Winn).

So is Blake Jenner a weak actor or does he just have no chemistry with his wife? I'm leaning toward the former?

All the Martian stuff was great. Any scenes involving the Manhunter or Cat are usually quality.

he's definitely nothing special acting wise. I didn't mind him here but he's definitely blah.

Joni

It is the acting.

Volimar

I'd be very surprised if we don't get her. It would give Kara and especially Hank great potential storylines.

I just thought of the perfect choice to play her too; Holly Taylor from The Americans.

Can we have her without the Young Justice "Duh Megan" stuff? That was annoying as hell.

Volimar

eI4vHpl.gif

Joni

You're telling me a Glee alum isn't strong acting wise? I find that hard to believe.
Well. If you discount Grant Gustin, Melissa Benoist, Lea Michele, Jonathan Groff, Idina Menzel, Mike O'Malley, Jayma Mays, Jessalyn Gilsig, Matthew Morrison, Jane Lynch and Darren Criss, sure.

I'm definitely preferring Supergirl over Flash as of late.

Flash being the worst element of his own show is easily running it into the ground.
And then they do potentially amazing stuff like Dr Light, etc and they are made into one-off villains.
even Jay(who I never really cared about) lost his powers previously and has to play set decoration to this boring Barry.

Blake Jenner got on Glee via winning a talent show that many feel he never should have won. I think that tells you all you need to know.

Also lol at anyone who thinks Darren Criss can act. Blaine was the worst.

On Glee, when he was her love interest, it equally didn't work. She seemed to have more chemistry with the other part of the love triangle.

It's entirely possible that he just can't act.

Joni

Blake Jenner is also the first person they actually aged up on the show. He is only 23, but Adam was abandoned 25 years ago. It means Adam is older than 24-year older Kara, played by 27 year old Melissa.

Blake Jenner is also the first person they actually aged up on the show. He is only 23, but Adam was abandoned 25 years ago. It means Adam is older than 24-year older Kara, played by 27 year old Melissa.
Adam was killed by Toyman (or some robot duplicate of him) in the comics. Wonder if that will tie in here. I will laugh if Winn turns evil when Adam dates Kara and then kills him. Although as I theorized a while back, I do genuinely expect Adam to die in some way that pins the blame on Supergirl.

Joni

Adam was killed by Toyman (or some robot duplicate of him) in the comics. Wonder if that will tie in here. I will laugh if Winn turns evil when Adam dates Kara and then kills him. Although as I theorized a while back, I do genuinely expect Adam to die in some way that pins the blame on Supergirl.
That seems like it would make for awkward conversations at the Jenner family home.

Well, we know that Clark is active in this universe as Superman from the minimum of twenty four, since that's the time in which Kara was in the Phantom Zone and crashed to Earth to which he found her. About eleven years Kara's been on earth right? So Clark is about 35. Welling is only 38, so he could reprise the role.

How old was Clark by the time Smallville ended? I mean, I know he literally did everything by the time he became Superman so the sentiment really was sort of eh, but was he early or mid twenties?

Tom Welling should play a Big Bad. He always seemed to enjoy his villainous turns in Smallville.

How about this:

Toyman is sterile. He's an engineer who can create anything, but he couldn't give his wife the child she wanted. That is, until he found fragments of a Kryptonian super computer. He uses one of these fragments, as well as scans of his own mind, to build a synthetic human.

The DEO finds out, and Henshaw comes to take Winn away. Toyman instead offers to build him his own synthetic body to serve as a backup in case something happens to him. Henshaw agrees, but decides that the backup should have the appearance and powers of Superman.

Winn gets destroyed by Henshaw, but he's repaired in the year 3000 and founds the Legion of Superheroes in honor of Kara.

Winn is Braniac 5, Welling plays Superman and Cyborg Superman Hank Henshaw.

Joni

They need to cast him, but I don't think he should be Superman. Dean Cain and Brandon Routh didn't get that honor. And they'd only be able to use him for short times, having him show up as another villain or hero could get him regular guest spots. Well, unless DC gives every tv show access to who they need as characters, and don't lie they already do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom