• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to cast him, but I don't think he should be Superman. Dean Cain and Brandon Routh didn't get that honor. And they'd only be able to use him for short times, having him show up as another villain or hero could get him regular guest spots. Well, unless DC gives every tv show access to who they need as characters, and don't lie they already do.

To be fair, Dean Cain is too old now and Brandon Routh is another hero in what may or may not be the same universe.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
How about this:

Toyman is sterile. He's an engineer who can create anything, but he couldn't give his wife the child she wanted. That is, until he found fragments of a Kryptonian super computer. He uses one of these fragments, as well as scans of his own mind, to build a synthetic human.

The DEO finds out, and Henshaw comes to take Winn away. Toyman instead offers to build him his own synthetic body to serve as a backup in case something happens to him. Henshaw agrees, but decides that the backup should have the appearance and powers of Superman.

Winn gets destroyed by Henshaw, but he's repaired in the year 3000 and founds the Legion of Superheroes in honor of Kara.

Winn is Braniac 5, Welling plays Superman and Cyborg Superman Hank Henshaw.

Uh - this sounds pretty good.

IconGrist

Nah, if the Supergirl of Smallville is not playing Kara then that Clark shouldn't be either. Would love for Welling to play another potentially obscure DC character though.

Speaking of Smallville's Kara
Laura Vandervoort is supposed to be in an up coming episode.
Well, we know that Clark is active in this universe as Superman from the minimum of twenty four, since that's the time in which Kara was in the Phantom Zone and crashed to Earth to which he found her. About eleven years Kara's been on earth right? So Clark is about 35. Welling is only 38, so he could reprise the role.

How old was Clark by the time Smallville ended? I mean, I know he literally did everything by the time he became Superman so the sentiment really was sort of eh, but was he early or mid twenties?

Clark was around 24, maybe 25 when Smallville ended.

Dude refused to wear the suit during Smallville finale he sure as hell isn't going to now. Make him a villain.

zwe5rqll.jpg

He should play Zod.
No Zod, please. Adding A-list villains like that would just make it more frustrating that Superman sits things out.

"Oh, it's just Darkseid, the Destroyer of Worlds? You got this, Kara? :)"

No, thanks.

Speaking of Smallville's Kara
Laura Vandervoort is supposed to be in an up coming episode.

Clark was around 24, maybe 25 when Smallville ended.

Dude refused to wear the suit during Smallville finale he sure as hell isn't going to now. Make him a villain.
Eh it depends, Superhero movies really exploded right after Smallville ended.
Captain America 1 wasn't even out yet for another month or two.
Dude might think differently now.

Joni

He might do it now because he needs work again while back then he knew they couldnt fire him as it was the finale.

gazele

Banned
As someone who loved Smallville having Welling on Supergirl in any capacity would be awesome but as superman would be extra cool

Wait, really? The reason we only got the glimpse of the S-logo and nothing more was because Welling didn't want to wear the suit? Do you know why? Did he think the costume would look stupid or something else?

Wait, really? The reason we only got the glimpse of the S-logo and nothing more was because Welling didn't want to wear the suit? Do you know why? Did he think the costume would look stupid or something else?

The show had a "no tights, no flights" policy, as they wanted to make the show entirely about Clark Kent and his journey to become Superman. Which is a really long journey, when you do ten seasons. I think it's rumored that he really didn't wanted to wear the undies over the pants.

"The finale included a few scenes in which Welling is seen sporting the upper-half of the Superman suit, however, the only full-suit scene is done from a distance and via CGI with Superman finally taking flight in space and saving the planet."

They used CGI for the rest of the suit, think about that.

He mainly wanted a Clark Kent show, not a Superman one.

Because Clark Kent was all about that sweet red leather jacket with the S and the blue shirt or the black trench coat and black shirt with the S beneath it, yes.

The mental gymnastics they did to keep the show going without putting him in that damn suit became absolutely silly.

IconGrist

Tom Welling repeatedly turned down the role of Clark Kent until he was promised he would never have to wear the suit. Thus the "no tights, no flights" policy was born.

Joni

Tom Welling repeatedly turned down the role of Clark Kent until he was promised he would never have to wear the suit. Thus the "no tights, no flights" policy was born.

I wonder what made having Tom Welling so important. He wasn't that big a name back then, was he?

He might be more willing now. At the time Smallville started, most comic costumes looked like bad cosplay on screen and were largely replaced with generic black leather. Outside of a couple characters, Smallville's attempts at superhero costumes looked pretty bad. The Arrowverse and the MCU have done a great job of making superhero costumes actually look good on screen.

We're all assuming he was against the concept, but maybe its just a matter of the execution.

ZeroX03

Banned
I want Tom Welling to play Clark Kent, visiting Kara at CatCo. And every time there's trouble he'll get ready to rip open his shirt and go to action but Kara will stop him with "I got this cuz" and do it instead. All the promise of Superman with zero payoff.

I'm sorry, but it's fucking Superman. Hopefully he did it because of story and not ego.

When he first took the role it was Clark Kent in high school, where he rightfully wouldn't be wearing the outfit. Who would have thought the show would last for ten years?

Joni

I want Tom Welling to play Clark Kent, visiting Kara at CatCo. And every time there's trouble he'll get ready to rip open his shirt and go to action but Kara will stop him with "I got this cuz" and do it instead. All the promise of Superman with zero payoff.

Some people just want to see the world burn.
The worst thing is, I could see them doing that

anaron

Tom Welling is supposed to be a huge prick so I don't want him near a cast this lovely....as Superman.

make him brainiac. lol

Toa TAK

Banned
This would be the greatest blue balls ever televised on CBS.

Effect

Hmm. So this is looking like possibly a Bizzaro story mixed with the Supergirl (Matrix version) that's loyal to Lex Luthor storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom