• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hopefully Italia Ricci does a good job. The show really needs some villain to deliver, and Italia might have to do it quickly because she was just cast as a regular on Kiefer's straight-to-series show so she probably won't be free for a potential second season.

Joni

Hopefully Italia Ricci does a good job. The show really needs some villain to deliver, and Italia might have to do it quickly because she was just cast as a regular on Kiefer's straight-to-series show so she probably won't be free for a potential second season.

That is one of the big problems of the Arrowverse, casting people that git picked up somewhere else. Like Ricci's husband Robbie and Wildcat.

ZeroX03

Banned
That is one of the big problems of the Arrowverse, casting people that git picked up somewhere else. Like Ricci's husband Robbie and Wildcat.

You can't put a series regular ring on every finger though. It's a compliment to the producers and casting directors for having an eye for talent though. In Italia's case I wonder if they met her through Robbie?

Joni

You can't put a series regular ring on every finger though. It's a compliment to the producers and casting directors for having an eye for talent though. In Italia's case I wonder if they met her through Robbie?
I said it before, this show is a magnet for the wives/husbands of the cast on the other Berlanti shows. You come work for me, I'll give your wife work for an episode.

farisr

So I had watched the first ep of this show back when it first aired, thought it was okay, DVRed the rest, but didn't get around to watching them. With the news of the flash crossover, decided it was finally time to get caught up (watched the remaining episodes yesterday and today, LOL).

Love it. Liking it more than the current season of Arrow for sure. Just wish it had a stronger main villain. Liking Kara way more than I like Barry or Ollie this season.

So glad that one of my favorite heroes (Martian Manhunter) is being featured in this (and it's not just half-assed attempt like Smallville).

I hope this continues to do well and keeps on getting renewed. I usually don't like watching shows in their first seasons because of risk of cancellation (and my viewership does not factor into whether the show stays on the air) and what not, but this show feels pretty safe. I think in the off chance if it gets dropped for whatever reason it'll probably get picked up by CW as it would fit right in.

With this now being linked to the CW verse (be it as an alt Earth or whatever)
I wonder if Supergirl will be able to start using stuff like S.T.A.R. Labs, A.R.G.U.S., Cadmus, etc.

Edit: thinking more about Cadmus and such I wonder if they'd allow this show to do Connor.

IconGrist

With this now being linked to the CW verse (be it as an alt Earth or whatever)
I wonder if Supergirl will be able to start using stuff like S.T.A.R. Labs, A.R.G.U.S., Cadmus, etc.

I'm curious. Everyone assumes The Flash showing up is the one from his show. But what if it's the Grant Gustin Flash from her Earth?

It seems like an easy way to allow crossovers but without Supergirl having to be a part of whatever is going on in Flash/Arrow. The Flash and Arrow from her Earth (Grant/Amell) having an entirely separate continuity.

Now I know there's a "that will confuse people" argument to be had there but you already have those that think Supergirl is a part of MoS's continuity. Or don't watch Flash/Arrow/LoT/Gotham/Supergirl simply because it's not all connected to the movies. There's no point in catering to them and generally people "get it". Anyone think that's a possibility?

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I said it before, this show is a magnet for the wives/husbands of the cast on the other Berlanti shows. You come work for me, I'll give your wife work for an episode.

The amount of nepotism in the Berlantiverse is certainly worrying.

ZeroX03

Banned
The amount of nepotism in the Berlantiverse is certainly worrying.

Why? In an industry where you're spending something like $100k a day to shoot plus actor pay, you work with people you know and trust. Half of the Berlantiverse villains come from Eli Stone because the team knows they can act and are reliable. Talent is only half the equation.

I'm curious. Everyone assumes The Flash showing up is the one from his show. But what if it's the Grant Gustin Flash from her Earth?

It seems like an easy way to allow crossovers but without Supergirl having to be a part of whatever is going on in Flash/Arrow. The Flash and Arrow from her Earth (Grant/Amell) having an entirely separate continuity.

Now I know there's a "that will confuse people" argument to be had there but you already have those that think Supergirl is a part of MoS's continuity. Or don't watch Flash/Arrow/LoT/Gotham/Supergirl simply because it's not all connected to the movies. There's no point in catering to them and generally people "get it". Anyone think that's a possibility?

It's not a cross-over episode unless there is actually crossing over between shows. So no, it'll be CW Barry or nothing.

Gig

Why? In an industry where you're spending something like $100k a day to shoot plus actor pay, you work with people you know and trust. Half of the Berlantiverse villains come from Eli Stone because the team knows they can act and are reliable. Talent is only half the equation.

I don't have a problem with them hiring people they have previously worked with. I have an issue with them hiring actors and actresses who are married to/related to people they currently/formerly employed.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't have a problem with them hiring people they have previously worked with. I have an issue with them hiring actors and actresses who are married to/related to people they currently/formerly employed.

Again, why? It's a matter of trust. An open audition versus someone who Robbie and Stephen can vouch for? They're not hiring Italia to do Robbie a favor, they're doing it because she's an actor with a good resume and friends they trust are saying they trust her.

Gig

Again, why? It's a matter of trust. An open audition versus someone who Robbie and Stephen can vouch for? They're not hiring Italia to do Robbie a favor, they're doing it because she's an actor with a good resume and friends they trust are saying they trust her.

Come on man, If they were doing it based on talent then how the heck did Melissa's husband get the role?

Being an actor or actress is hard enough without having to complete against people who have a leg up because of who their spouse is.

ZeroX03

Banned
Come on man, If they were doing it based on talent then how the heck did Melissa's husband get the role?

Being an actor or actress is hard enough without having to complete against people who have a leg up because of who their spouse is.

I said talent was half the equation. Please read what I'm typing here. I'm taking about reliability when you have extremely tight shooting scheduling for episodes that cost a couple of million. Of course they're going to hire the person who's guaranteed to be there and won't screw up his wife's show. Unknowns are risks. Sorry if you're an actor who can't get a job, but look at it from the perspective of the people who don't know you and lose hundreds of thousands if you screw up a day.

Gig

I said talent was half the equation. Please read what I'm typing here. I'm taking about reliability when you have extremely tight shooting scheduling for episodes that cost a couple of million. Of course they're going to hire the person who's guaranteed to be there and won't screw up his wife's show. Unknowns are risks. Sorry if you're an actor who can't get a job, but look at it from the perspective of the people who don't know you and lose hundreds of thousands if you screw up a day.

And that's very short termed thinking on their end. Sure Blake Jenner showed up and did his part, but he was awful and the show suffered because of it possibly losing viewers that they wouldn't they won't have lost if they had hired an actor based on merit.

At the end of the day, wrong is wrong. If we toss away our morals and ideals when the going gets tough, they won't last long.

Gig

Uh huh........

You're the one excusing their behavior or at that the very least asking me to emphasize with them. I'm saying, lots of industries are hard and they don't have to resort to nepotism.

I can understand why they did what they did, that doesn't make it right.

ZeroX03

Banned
You're the one excusing their behavior or at that the very least asking me to emphasize with them. I'm saying, lots of industries are hard and they don't have to resort to nepotism.

I can understand why they did what they did, that doesn't make it right.

I'm done with you. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom