• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phyranion

Now give me a Justice League show! Supergirl, The Flash, The Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Hawkwoman, The Atom aaaaaaaaand Vixen?!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Now give me a Justice League show! Supergirl, The Flash, The Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Hawkwoman, The Atom aaaaaaaaand Vixen?!

Warner Bros. be like...

qNXdZGP.png

Effect

The Waverider bumps Superman's pod back on its course to Earth on Legends. Back on Flash and Arrow, everybody starts talking about Superman like its a totally normal thing.

That is one way to fix the issue with adding Superman to Arrow and Flash. Batman has been hinted at enough that it's easy to believe he already exist.

So is Adam permanently gone now? Did the Supergirl writers just feel like they should give their lead actress' husband a two-episode role? Not upset over the matter, I find it insane how this guy cannot have any romantic chemistry with his own wife. Even since the Glee days, those two always seemed dry on screen together.

Joni

March 28th is Supergirls's finale according to IMDB. That makes things more interesting

That seems weird. It started late and it finishes so early. It would also mean they have no breaks.

So is Adam permanently gone now? Did the Supergirl writers just feel like they should give their lead actress' husband a two-episode role? Not upset over the matter, I find it insane how this guy cannot have any romantic chemistry with his own wife. Even since the Glee days, those two always seemed dry on screen together.

Or they just had a recurring role to fill, and they casted someone that would be easy to get. We'll see him again, someday.

Vandal Savage already claimed his existence. I hope it is a Legends inspired retcon so they can easily cross again and again

It's possible, after the second half of the pilot I start to think that the Vandal Savage
we saw a the start of the pilot and that timeline is the one where they tried and failed and currently everything that is now happening on that show is part of a time loop and their failure is what lead to it in the first place. They'll find that out and fix it but maybe, as I proposed last year, the time travel antics messed with the time line enough to allow Superman and all that to be merged into the Arrowverse with as it stands now Supergirl/Superman exist in the post LoT timeline that we haven't seen yet from the Arrow/Flash as they've yet to merge, basically some alternate means of the Flashpoint Paradox. Or they could just explain it easier with it just being Barry going into a breach that wasn't to Earth 2 and ended up being the CBS show's universe. Crisis in coming!

Joni

It's possible, after the second half of the pilot I start to think that the Vandal Savage
we saw a the start of the pilot and that timeline is the one where they tried and failed and currently everything that is now happening on that show is part of a time loop and their failure is what lead to it in the first place. They'll find that out and fix it but maybe, as I proposed last year, the time travel antics messed with the time line enough to allow Superman and all that to be merged into the Arrowverse with as it stands now Supergirl/Superman exist in the post LoT timeline that we haven't seen yet from the Arrow/Flash as they've yet to merge, basically some alternate means of the Flashpoint Paradox. Or they could just explain it easier with it just being Barry going into a breach that wasn't to Earth 2 and ended up being the CBS show's universe. Crisis in coming!

Or whatever Barry did on the latest episode just is messed up and the alternate Earths are merged, which could bring Jay and Harry into the Earth-1 world as well.

Skux

Looks like a strong hint that it'll use the Flash's multiverse to stage the crossover. Or it could just be a typo lol

What date will ep 18 air? Or is that too far away to judge due to breaks?

Setsuna

As I said in the Flash thread, notice that "Worlds" is plural, not possessive. Alt Earth confirmed?

Oh, and I LOVE that it is titled what Batman v Superman should have been. After Berlanti giving us Martian Manhunter and now this, it just seems like he is the anti Goyer.

Worlds fair
Worlds greatest detective
Tru Tvs Worlds dumbest
Americas funniest home videos only covers from from the United States

anaron

As I said in the Flash thread, notice that "Worlds" is plural, not possessive. Alt Earth confirmed?

Oh, and I LOVE that it is titled what Batman v Superman should have been. After Berlanti giving us Martian Manhunter and now this, it just seems like he is the anti Goyer.
right?

Worlds fair
Worlds greatest detective
Tru Tvs Worlds dumbest
Americas funniest home videos only covers from from the United States
I am failing to see your point. That removing the apostrophe from those titles they could be about multiple earths, when the original titles have apostrophes?

Superman did exist, but he crash landed on the island, which had tons of kryptonite. It's all in the flashback.
Oliver: Diggle, there's something I haven't told you about my past.

Digg: Dammit, Oliver.

Oliver: Superman was on the island. The green in my suit is actually kryptonite pai--

Digg: How the hell are you even talking to me since I died last year?

Oliver: Diggle, there's something I haven't told you about my past.

Digg: Dammit, Oliver.

Oliver: Superman was on the island. The green in my suit is actually kryptonite pai--

Digg: How the hell are you even talking to me since I died last year?

Oliver: You're on the island, Diggle

March 28th is Supergirls's finale according to IMDB. That makes things more interesting

Please just have her get stuck on Earth 1 for the series onwards. She can try find Earth 1 versions of her old Earth and continue in a similar but different fashion. Without Superman.

You know, Maxwell Lord is a sociopathic abuser with a God complex, and yet he is still uninteresting to watch on-screen. I'm thinking its the actor. He doesn't have the charisma to pull off such a sick larger-than-life character. I mean, I see him trying, but I don't feel that he thinks he's doing the right thing or anything more complex other than "This dude's a dick"

how_does_she_do_it.gif

I hope Kara royally fucks him up or something, destroys his body and turns him into Metallo to make him more interesting. Or the actor kicks it up a notch.

The character should be interesting, but he's not!

You know, Maxwell Lord is a sociopathic abuser with a God complex, and yet he is still uninteresting to watch on-screen. I'm thinking its the actor. He doesn't have the charisma to pull off such a sick larger-than-life character. I mean, I see him trying, but I don't feel that he thinks he's doing the right thing or anything more complex other than "This dude's a dick"

how_does_she_do_it.gif

I hope Kara royally fucks him up or something, destroys his body and turns him into Metallo to make him more interesting. Or the actor kicks it up a notch.

The character should be interesting, but he's not!
Cavanagh should come over to give him tips on being a swagtastic evil super genius.

ZeroX03

Banned
I agree. This dude's got the charisma of a piece of cardboard, left in the rain, in a National City gutter. Alura, Lord, and Non, none of these actors have the charisma equivalent to Cavanaugh, Bennett, or Barrowman.

Don't forget McDonough.

Who's the best villain in the show so far? Livewire? That's not a high bar. The show needs to up the quality of villains, I was hoping Hank as Cyborg Superman would be that but he had to turn out to be the wonderful Martian Manhunter instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom