• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grammys next week.

tumblr_myjiy88zMk1ql5wfdo2_400.gif

How dare they halt the feels train.

RIP in peace Astra.

They need to have pissed off Kara more often, Mellisa pulls that off so well. Sucks that might be all we ever see of Clark though hopefully they'll allow them to use him after BvS comes out like in the season finale or something. Also kind of hoping for a "drinking game" between Kara and Barry in the cross over. I'm pretty sure Cat would have the hots for Joe, makes me wish more cast could cross over. Hell, give Cisco some vibes on the following Flash episode.

ZeroX03

Banned
The classic Berlanti family member death. Every season has one!

Great episode, wasn't expecting it be an Alex episode but it was a nice twist on old material and she really needed one.

Barry's visit is going to wreck Winn though. "On my Earth, we've got someone like you, except she's a cute blonde."

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Was really hoping when Kara woke up and had that rage face going on, she was gonna heat vision the fuck outta that plant right in front of Lord.

Joni

That was an interesting episode, I didn't expect them to kill off Astra so soon. I suppose we'll still see her in flashbacks as Alura/Astra, but still won't be the same.

Joni

Not a fan of Astra's death was a cool scene but feels like a major waste.

She became a bit useless when it turned out that she was mostly listening to Non and that she doesn't really want to fight with either her husband or her niece, so she was in a bit of a limbo.

ZeroX03

Banned
The AV Club was not a fan. They seem annoyed the episode doesn't delve deeper into Kara, while I'm happy that it was more about Alex.

They also mention, which I hadn't realized, this episode was originally written as a finale in case they didn't get the back 7 pick up.]

Oh and KELEX!

Sober

The AV Club was not a fan. They seem annoyed the episode doesn't delve deeper into Kara, while I'm happy that it was more about Alex.

They also mention, which I hadn't realized, this episode was originally written as a finale in case they didn't get the back 7 pick up.]

Oh and KELEX!
I think that criticism is completely valid. I don't know the original story it's based off of but the episode could've doubled down on it being either about one of the Danvers sisters or something. But since it's based off of an existing story I can see why they rather just go this way. And the fact it was written as a soft finale didn't help because it meant the VR trip to head-Krypton could only be so long since they wanted to squeeze in a fight sequence at the end. If it weren't the case I would've been totally fine if it just ended with Alex pulling Kara out and it was them spending more time in there, or something.

Joni

Oh and KELEX!

Good that it got a pick-up, I don't think it would have made a great season finale.

Tabby

I don't like that Kara figured out something was wrong so fast, she's supposed to be having the life of her dreams and enjoying it, so that when she does finally figured it out she'd be torn making the decision

Yeah pretty much, I'm not a fan of this change.
The best part of this is that Clark gradually learns that something is wrong, that he's lived a full life on Krypton which makes it all the more emotional at the end when he has to say goodbye to his son.

edit: Spoke too soon.

Good episode but it felt like way too much was going on. Would have preferred this as a two parter.

Toa TAK

Banned
You know this is easily my favorite of the series. Great development for Alex, especially. Emotions ran high and the stakes were there. Lots of threads here without feeling overwhelming or cluttered and intertwined well. It was a lot of fun to see Kara's friends (and Kryptonian enemies) all pitch in and join the fight in some way. We got great MM screen time as well. Even Hank can't handle Cat.

The climax of Kara's fantasy with Alex is a standout sequence.

Cafeman

abbrev. recap: SG dreams, wakes up on wrong side of bed; MM fetches drinks, cries.; AD deals with the devil, kicks doors, kills, wears tight pants; CG drinks milk.

I also thought Kara would fry that space plant. It would have been a great scene. Escpecially if it was so intense that everybody in room got sunburn. Oh, there goes my fanfiction brain again...

Joni

Astra didnt hold back here. Let's assume she did versus Kara. The alternative would also make sense in that he hasn't had many fights since the the island.

Pretty much stronger than Superman but with a bigger achilles heel, does seem like they nerfed him.
Yeah, that's what I figured, but I didn't know if they already nerfed him for New 52. I remember, years ago, there was a time he went bad and got over his aversion to fire, and he fucked up the Justice League, no problem.

Did they really nerf Martian Manhunter for this? Isn't he supposed to be as powerful as Superman, but with extra abilities?

I think he has more powers, but not on the same level as a Kryptonian.

They haven't brought it up yet, but he's got a far more easily obtained weakness than Kryptonite.

And one other thing, I'm not sure what you are or where you come from. But my instincts tell me you're to be trusted. Make no mistake, I have a $70,000 sliver of a radioactive meteor to stop the one from Metropolis. All I need for you is a penny for a book of matches.

- Batman, Justice League: The New Frontier

Joni

I think he has more powers, but not on the same level as a Kryptonian.

They haven't brought it up yet, but he's got a far more easily obtained weakness than Kryptonite.

And one other thing, I'm not sure what you are or where you come from. But my instincts tell me you're to be trusted. Make no mistake, I have a $70,000 sliver of a radioactive meteor to stop the one from Metropolis. All I need for you is a penny for a book of matches.

- Batman, Justice League: The New Frontier
I hope the movies have that Batman. Or if Oliver does it in this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom