• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was hoping that she'd have a more difficult time in her dream, I still liked the episode and I didn't mind the focus on Alex. The look on Kara's face when she woke up was really something and Henkshaw covering for Alex is definitely going to blow up in their faces. I just thought that involving Maxwell into this mess was a bit unnecessary. Why wouldn't they have a top scientist in the DEO?

Anyway, the only part that made me shout "fuck you, tv show!" was at the end, when Winn was all like "yeah, we're just friends". That was as subtle as a punch in the face.

anaron

Mixed episode. I think a lot of it worked really well but the last 10 minutes were a mess.

Why kill Astra already? You've just established her as a fairly interesting character and antogonist only to to kill her in a scene that mainly just illustrated J'onn and Alex as being reactive assholes. Plus Non is such a non-entity (durrrr) that trading Astra in for him as the leading opposition isn't exactly inspiring anything.

also lol @ the happy ending after what they all went through.

Cat, Kara and J'onn still mostly remain the absolute best though.

Joni

Mixed episode. I think a lot of it worked really well but the last 10 minutes were a mess.

Why kill Astra already? You've just established her as a fairly interesting character and antogonist only to to kill her in a scene that mainly just illustrated J'onn and Alex as being reactive assholes. Plus Non is such a non-entity (durrrr) that trading Astra in for him as the leading opposition isn't exactly inspiring anything.

also lol @ the happy ending after what they all went through.

Cat, Kara and J'onn still mostly remain the absolute best though.

It is to have some 'wham' element, nothing more. And we'll have to be scared of Myriad, not Non himself.

MM shoulda just morphed into a bloat faced, snot nosed, swelled Kara and texted a picture with the words "I'm fucking ill".

I was expecting him to mutate into something great when he about to die, show fails again. Beginning to wonder if he ever gonna do that.

Phyranion

Astra dying now is a good thing if you ask me. Her not being able to decide which side she's on was getting old really quick. I really hope season 2 will have a more engaging villain from the start.

It is to have some 'wham' element, nothing more. And we'll have to be scared of Myriad, not Non himself.

I was sort of hoping that Astra and Non were still pawns in this battle. But his speech about how humanity is a virus that needs to be eradicated to save the planet. yawn

Joni

I still think they are pawns, for someone more powerful coming to Earth using Myriad. I assume that is why they had to take out the sattelites so DEO couldn't see it.

Astra dying now is a good thing if you ask me. Her not being able to decide which side she's on was getting old really quick. I really hope season 2 will have a more engaging villain from the start.
She should have turned good. Gotten killed by Non for that reason.

Bluth54

Overall an okay episode, not as good as the Justice League version (but I wasn't expecting it to be).

I thought it kinda showed the weakness of not allowing Superman to be on the show. With Supergirl being out of commission and an attack coming you would think they would of called up Superman (yeah I know there was a solar storm that was impacting communications but I imagine land line phones still worked).

I did really like the Martian Manhunter taking Kara's place at work though. That was pretty funny, I wish they had more of that in the episode.

Joni

If they had attacked when she was still out of action, they might have called Superman. She was awake when they attacked.

That's certainly been an issue with the show pretty much since the pilot with Superman being around, it's hard to believe Superman doesn't show up when there's some big global crisis that for some reason he's leaving to his inexperienced cousin and J'onn. I've been giving it a pass but the more they keep pushing into some global threat the harder it's becoming to accept. It also doesn't help that they made Maxwell Lord a Lex Luthor analogue (yes, I know Lord has been a businessman too) that is so painfully obvious he's pretty much a discount version of Lex but with an actor who doesn't have the gravitas or... Swag to really carry it, he's just comes off as a smarmy dick. A hero is only as good as their villain and Supergirl currently doesn't have a good reoccurring villain.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's certainly been an issue with the show pretty much since the pilot with Superman being around, it's hard to believe Superman doesn't show up when there's some big global crisis that for some reason he's leaving to his inexperienced cousin and J'onn. I've been giving it a pass but the more they keep pushing into some global threat the harder it's becoming to accept. It also doesn't help that they made Maxwell Lord a Lex Luthor analogue (yes, I know Lord has been a businessman too) that is so painfully obvious he's pretty much a discount version of Lex but with an actor who doesn't have the gravitas or... Swag to really carry it, he's just comes off as a smarmy dick. A hero is only as good as their villain and Supergirl currently doesn't have a good reoccurring villain.

There's 7 episodes left in the season... we're probably going to have to ride the Zod Non and Lex Max train out. They'll fix the issue in a theoretical second season I'm sure, I think the only recurring villain still to come is Silver Banshee. Fortunately they've got the real Hank Henshaw (Cyborg Superman) waiting in the wings if necessary. Otherwise there's probably Braniac, Mongul and Metallo available for big bads as long as the movies don't want to snatch one up. And uhhh... Lucy Lane Superwoman?

I'm familiar with Max Lord so I don't see the Lex thing too much, but I'm sure it what jumps to mind for most viewers.

Penguin

It was kinda weird seeing Lil'Clark being all scared and hiding behind Kara, knowing who he becomes.

It makes sense in her fantasy world. She wants to hold her little cousin that she needed to protect.

It also makes sense since he was never her "little cousin"

It is weird that she is technically older than he is, but kind of role-reversed due to her getting to Earth later

Joni

It also makes sense since he was never her "little cousin"

It is weird that she is technically older than he is, but kind of role-reversed due to her getting to Earth later

When you think about it too much, you realize the hallucination was actually 24 years ago in the past.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnzcDZgVPt/
Grant Gustin said:
Those two emblems look pretty good together...

12599005_1646489492281074_1176505011_n.jpg

Joni

The logistics of a four-part crossover would be insane. Especially since Supergirl shoots in LA.

You mainly need to bank on the Canadian team to do four instead of three episodes. You'd only need to transport Hank, Alex and Kara. If The Big Bang runs in the timeslot of Supergirl again next year, there should be a period at the start of the season where they could.

anaron

I think Indigo -- if they go down the brainiac route -- should provide a great villain. I think Supergirl has done a great job in establishing characters, they just need to use them more.

I think Indigo -- if they go down the brainiac route -- should provide a great villain. I think Supergirl has done a great job in establishing characters, they just need to use them more.

Is that the character Vandervoort is playing? They better not waste her, she was one of the best parts of Smallville.

I wonder if this 'Myriad' thing is related to her. Considering they were fucking around with satellites and computers, and she's a living super computer.

<3 Italia

107727_WB_1252bc_FULL.jpg

Damn

ZeroX03

Banned
Uh, why is Gamespot reporting about this? Are they in trouble?

They are mainly a gamingsite.

I hate to break it to you strafer, but Gamespot's not looking good. It's terminal. The editors will try their best, but anything they do now will be simply... buying time. I'm so sorry.

Joni

I hate to break it to you strafer, but Gamespot's not looking good. It's terminal. The editors will try their best, but anything they do now will be simply... buying time. I'm so sorry.

That is normal; the game industry is dying as well.

stryke

Finally caught up. Really enjoying this series. Not as good as The Flash though.

While i think they spent to long on her crush on Jimmy, thank God they moved past Winn quickly after being rejected rather than spending several eps of him moping about.

Joni

While i think they spent to long on her crush on Jimmy, thank God they moved past Winn quickly after being rejected rather than spending several eps of him moping about.
Best moment was him calling out James on his crush behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom