• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was announced months ago. This is the first in-person look at it, though.

Anyway, I've been searching for Supergirl merchandise from Toy Fair. All I've found is some Funko stuff based on the comics.

There were listings popping up last month for a Mattel DC Multiverse 6" TV Supergirl figure, but I haven't seen anything official yet.

Haven't seen a site with Mattel coverage yet.

Mattel DC Multiverse 6" TV Supergirl figure:

7r9xJCp.jpg
2pnlgki.jpg

strafer

It was announced months ago. This is the first in-person look at it, though.

Anyway, I've been searching for Supergirl merchandise from Toy Fair. All I've found is some Funko stuff based on the comics.

12748492_884040171709889_1260204779_n.jpg

There were listings popping up last month for a Mattel DC Multiverse 6" TV Supergirl figure, but I haven't seen anything official yet.

I want all these.

Skux

"Wynn" is never getting fixed in the OP, huh?

It's finally done!

I'm back and catching up. Just saw the Toyman episode, I actually thought it was really strong. Good use of the characters and the drama moved forward instead of staying stale and angsty. I feel for Winn, I've been that guy before.

Skux

Just caught up. Guys this show is fantastic! Ever since the midseason break it's been consistently super strong.

I really like how the recent villains have had links to the main characters. We had a Winn episode (Toyman), then a Hank episode (White Martians), then two Supergirl/Kara episodes. It makes the villains-of-the-week much more interesting when they simultaneously develop the main cast instead of just being random threats from out of nowhere.

The fight scenes are MASSIVELY improved over the clunky wire fight in episode 2. The superpowered beatdowns look much more impressive and have a lot more impact. Any fights involving J'onn look great.

Also, DEO agents standing in a room with the main characters be like "So wait... Supergirl is Alex's adoptive sister? So she's Kara Danvers?"

Also, DEO agents standing in a room with the main characters be like "So wait... Supergirl is Alex's adoptive sister? So she's Kara Danvers?"

I can't wait for the usual scene where everyone but the new love interest knows about Kara's secret identity and Kara can't tell him, because reasons.

Joni

I can't wait for the usual scene where everyone but the new love interest knows about Kara's secret identity and Kara can't tell him, because reasons.

But she can't protect him all the time. Just like how Clark can't protect Lois all the time, although that is basically what he does.

Joni

That doesn't stop the love interest from getting into danger. That's the entire point.
Usually because the love interest is still looking into what Supergirl is or does. Thank god they at least avoided that with James.
I hope Barry explains this to her.

Usually because the love interest is still looking into what Supergirl is or does. Thank god they at least avoided that with James.
I hope Barry explains this to her.

Barry Allen, #1 expert for relationships in the DCTV Universe.
Would always listen to his advise.

YrGSvq3.gif

Bluth54

This sort of thing is a massive pet peeve of mine, not just on Supergirl but any super hero show or story. Using real names or casually talking about things that could reveal a hero's secret identity in a public setting drives me crazy.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm not looking forward to fighting between Supergirl and Saul for my Monday show. I'm already behind on Agent Carter thanks to Flash.

Joni

This sort of thing is a massive pet peeve of mine, not just on Supergirl but any super hero show or story. Using real names or casually talking about things that could reveal a hero's secret identity in a public setting drives me crazy.
In this case at least it involves a group of secret government officials. If you trust them with the secret the DEO exists, this shouldn't be an extra problem. And if one of them goes rogue, enter Martian Manhunter to wipe his mind.

Where did it air?

It hasn't aired yet but the episode is ready. Sorry for being a tease. It's just the first Supergirl episode I saw that I didn't find entertaining and it kinda made me roll my eyes because of the clichés and bad acting from Benoist.

Joni

It hasn't aired yet but the episode is ready. Sorry for being a tease. It's just the first Supergirl episode I saw that I didn't find entertaining and it kinda made me roll my eyes because of the clichés and bad acting from Benoist.

Oh, okay, you're behind the scenes. Even it being bad doesn't actually make me feel better. Still have to wait a week.

shanafan

Been watching Flash and Arrow since their debuts, and now Legends of Tomorrow. It can be tough keeping up with 3 DC shows right now.. do I need to add Supergirl into the rotation? I did read that Barry Allen will cameo on the show, but the article did state that Supergirl won't be on Flash.

Anyways.. is Supergirl a necessary addition to my DC rotation RIGHT NOW, or can I just binge watch it this summer?

IconGrist

Been watching Flash and Arrow since their debuts, and now Legends of Tomorrow. It can be tough keeping up with 3 DC shows right now.. do I need to add Supergirl into the rotation? I did read that Barry Allen will cameo on the show, but the article did state that Supergirl won't be on Flash.

Anyways.. is Supergirl a necessary addition to my DC rotation RIGHT NOW, or can I just binge watch it this summer?

Probably just binge it in the summer. The major crossover stuff might not even take place until season 2 (if it gets greenlit).This upcoming crossover doesn't sound like it will cause huge ripples for now.

Skux

I reckon you could binge watch it and be fine. It's not connected to the CW universe apart from the upcoming crossover, and that looks it'll be a pretty standalone episode that uses the multiverse as its setup.

shanafan

Probably just binge it in the summer. The major crossover stuff might not even take place until season 2 (if it gets greenlit).This upcoming crossover doesn't sound like it will cause huge ripples for now.

I reckon you could binge watch it and be fine. It's not connected to the CW universe apart from the upcoming crossover, and that looks it'll be a pretty standalone episode that uses the multiverse as its setup.

Thanks for the insight!

Joni

You could also always just watch the episode where Barry appears 'live' and bingewatch the rest in the summer. That way you keep up with 'Flash' appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom