• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyStu

Those three did a good job with that.

Yup, Indigo still going.

I had this weird thought too when they were at the Fortress of Solitude, I wonder if this is the first time it's been like that?

Nope, been like that since the beginning.

One of my favorite things about the suit.

MartyStu

So how about that ring from the Flash showing up in the Fortress of Solitude?

It is a Legion Flight Ring.

All it suggests is that a member of the Legion traveled back in time and left/lost it.

The one in this show may belong to Superman though. From his short time as a member of the Legion.

I probably should've given this more frames but still.

SWUI5u5.gif

I'm guessing she meant this week.

Platy

Finally catching up to the series, I really like how they did their version of the "for the X who has everything" storyline

Skux

That was top notch. Nothing like a nuke headed toward the city to make you sort out your drama.

Cool villain, and like I said earlier it's much better when villains have a relation to the hero. Indigo being on Fort Rozz and hijacking her ship gives them a shared identity which is interesting to explore.

The Astra secret finally coming out was a heavyweight emotional moment and I love how it was handled.

On the less significant side of things, my boy Winn is finally getting some love!

Also, it looks like that Legion of Superheroes ring is the same footage as we saw in the Flash Earth-2 episode.

This episode was good. Discount Mystique was strange to watch because it kept reminding me of X-Men. Isn't her skin more green in the comics?

I do love this show being like Flash with bringing in former actors of Superman mythology, but doing it even more so, with the 80's Supergirl, 90's Superman and Smallville actors. Likely will never get him, but I would love Tom Welling for an episode.

Toa TAK

Banned
So that was a great episode. I think if there's anything to dock points from it, it's just Indigo's design. But beyond that it was pretty powerful with the highlights being the Missle flight and reunion at the end. Music was on point in this episode, too.

Also, lol @ "Glorified Windows Vista."

Alright I'll see you guys in agent Carter tomorrow. Pls dont be late, or else!.... Pls come

I'll be there, homie.

Avari

So refreshing to see a 'big secret' on a tv series not get dragged out endlessly - and not to result in over the top melodrama. I was very pleasantly surprised how it was handled.

Pilgrimzero

My only 2 issues with the episode are stuff you just have to give over for a show like this one.

Indigos look and powers were kind of dumb. The monitor is not the computer but whatever. And yes she needs a way better costume. Who thought that was a good look?

Wynn is the super hacker deluxe that even a gov agency can't match. And he works as a scrub at at a news office? I hate that in certain shows generic nerd guy/gal is an elite hacker.

Also him hacking a brainiac type entity was on par with Goldblum hacking aliens with his Mac in Independence Day.

Wynn is the super hacker deluxe that even a gov agency can't match. And he works as a scrub at at a news office? I hate that in certain shows generic nerd guy/gal is an elite hacker.

Also him hacking a brainiac type entity was on par with Goldblum hacking aliens with his Mac in Independence Day.
Yeah, that's one cliché that bugs me, this person who's able to run circles around any database with a computer only to be stuck in some boring simple job, when they have the skills that the government would be itching to use.

Also one thing I noticed in "Truth, Justice and the American Way" was that the writers finally started using red sunlight as means of depowering Kara. I always felt a bit bothered with the constant use of Kryptonite as just being a way to stop her powers when it should be killing her and not making her lose her powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom