• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Anyone here like Funko stuff, like their Pop! series? They're doing a DC TV box with exclusive merchandise, and Supergirl will be part of it with Flash and Arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiO7E1D4--s

PAJaf56.gif

The box ships in May: https://legionofcollectors.com/

If the exclusive Pop! in the box is TV Supergirl, then I'm definitely getting it. I wanted to get the Batman v Superman box, but I missed out on it...but I won't this time.

That is cool. I'm tempted by that one.

ZeroX03

Banned
The sleeves on that Flash Pop! looks a tiny bit lighter than the normal one. I guess that counts as a variant? But not really? On my one it's all the same red.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I really wish the show would show some kind of straining or muscle impact when she's lifting heavy objects or fighting superhuman threats. Nothing really appears to take any physical toll on her, which is technically how Superman would react, but just makes it look she's holding the prop that she is. Then the punches appear to have a weight not much stronger than a human which isn't that impressive. Add some motion blur, wind effects and deeper sound effects or something.

Yeah, the fact that she could lift a key that heavy was kind of of surprising to me since Kara mostly comes off like a flying Captain America as far as her physical skills are concerned. Maybe it's a budget issue but even Clark in Smallville was punching dudes clear across town on occasion.

Joni

That key is not very smart though. It is not like Kara is surprisingly strong compared to the loads of Kryptonians and other superpowered aliens running around there.

Yeah, the fact that she could lift a key that heavy was kind of of surprising to me since Kara mostly comes off like a flying Captain America as far as her physical skills are concerned. Maybe it's a budget issue but even Clark in Smallville was punching dudes clear across town on occasion.

I took it as more a difference of behavior than a difference of physical abilities.

DeathyBoy

Banned
They should just call him Martian Manhunter all the time. Fuck J'onn J'onzz.

Martian Manhunter as a name doesn't flow in regular conversation - if they kept saying that constantly, the actors would probably strike on principle.

SUPERGIRL: Martian Manhunter, what do we do?
MARTIAN MANHUNTER: We fight.
JIMMY: But why, Martian?
MARTIAN MANHUNTER: Because they're evil.
SUPERGIRL: Thank you Manhunter.
MARTIAN MANHUNTER: ... I am the Martian Manhunter.

ZeroX03

Banned
Martian Manhunter as a name doesn't flow in regular conversation - if they kept saying that constantly, the actors would probably strike on principle.

SUPERGIRL: Martian Manhunter, what do we do?
MARTIAN MANHUNTER: We fight.
JIMMY: But why, Martian?
MARTIAN MANHUNTER: Because they're evil.
SUPERGIRL: Thank you Manhunter.
MARTIAN MANHUNTER: ... I am the Martian Manhunter.

That's killer dialogue, I don't understand your complaint.

AMUSIX

That key is not very smart though. It is not like Kara is surprisingly strong compared to the loads of Kryptonians and other superpowered aliens running around there.

I'm really bummed that the key was so small...they really should have gone with Supe's classic key:
OgQnGgm.jpg
YAC8IGC.jpg
vmetQ6U.jpg

Also, fuck this "Fortress of Solitude" BS..."Fort Superman" is where it's at

Of course, J'onn J'onzz could use it as well:
nI1YA3m.jpg

I do appreciate the continuity of the key cuts for the tumblers...guess Superman doesn't rekey his lock very often

Bluth54

Anyone here like Funko stuff, like their Pop! series? They're doing a DC TV box with exclusive merchandise, and Supergirl will be part of it with Flash and Arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiO7E1D4--s

PAJaf56.gif

The box ships in May: https://legionofcollectors.com/

If the exclusive Pop! in the box is TV Supergirl, then I'm definitely getting it. I wanted to get the Batman v Superman box, but I missed out on it...but I won't this time.

Everyone seems to love Funko Pops, but I think they look awful. Their faces are all so generic. If I get a figure of something I want it to look like what it's supposed to.

For whatever reason they seem to be super popular.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Finally got to watch the Brainiac episode last night (I watch on Amazon Prime, so I have to wait for them to upload the episodes for purchase). Very fun episode. Winn continues to annoy the fuck out of me, and Jimmy is still lame as fuck, but everything with Kara, Alex, and Hank was fantastic. I absolutely loved the hug/handholding with the three of them at the end. They executed that moment in a way that felt genuine, and not the usual "feels" grab that other shows do. It felt good.

I also LOVED seeing Laura again. I got a chuckle seeing Supergirl vs Supergirl. I really hope she comes back later on. Her makeup was silly, but she was hamming it up as Brainiac 8, and I swear her acting has improved significantly since Smallville. She looks wonderful too. I'd actually love to see her be Supergirl again (or Brainiac 8 fucking with Kara by wearing a Supergirl outfit).

I had the weirdest dream last night that Brandon Routh cameoed on the show as Superman, and Dean Kain showed up as a bearded Superman, and that one villain from Lois and Clark, Tempus? Showed up as well, and it was a weird crisis on infinite earths type thing that he caused, and Kara and the Supermen had to stop him. Weird fucking dream...but I kind of wish it would happen.

Blader

Last episode was ok. I lol'd at Kara instantly forgiving her sister after shitting on J'onn for a week. That last moment when she grabs his arm was kinda nice though.

Jimmy is so lame and the fact that he repeatedly treats his (now ex-)girlfriend like shit makes him very un-endearing. It's one thing to do the love triangle story, it's another when the guy involved clearly does not give a shit about the woman he is technically with. I also laughed hard when the nuke is heading for the city, and Jimmy goes "We need to evacuate CatCo! ...and the city!"

I really go up and down on this show. So much of the drama and superheroics come off really poorly for me, but then there are these nice character moments -- like Cat softening up, or Kara and J'onn bonding -- that keep bringing me back.

ryan299

I'm 6 episodes in as I get ready for the Flash crossover, but this show is terrible. Also Cat Grant saying Kiera all the time instead of Kara is annoying not funny.

ZeroX03

Banned
Likely renewal is great.

But Red K? Even better. Said it before, but it's the one thing in Smallville that always delivered.

CdErI9fUYAATuhq.jpg

Always a fan of Eddie
EDIT: Oh that's The Guardian? OH SHIT.

Yup. He's one of two characters who's just been cast. The other is an old childhood friend and love interest from the original Supergirl comics:

http://www.newsarama.com/28292-two-classic-dc-characters-cast-for-cbs-s-supergirl.html

It's Barry crossing over to Supergirl, not Diggle dummy. Although Diggle would make Supergirl a better show.

Diggle, Joe and J'onn combine into a black mentor Voltron

ZeroX03

Banned
Jimmy and Jax look on helpless. Also, is it me, or does every important black person on this universe have a name that starts with a J. John Diggle, James Olson, Jax Whatever, J'Onn Jonz, Joe West.

Iris and Wally?

oh, you said important black person. Leonard/Captain Cold I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom