• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed it but wtf was the point of the whole USB/list of cheaters/'why didn't you print them!' thing the episode started with?

Seems a completely pointless thing for Indigo to do.

Joni

Winn pulled a Cisco in this one.
We'll call falling for the villain a Cisco thing now.
. He pulled it off perfectly, especially standing there doing nothing while his IT system is hacked.
Liked Indigo as well. She looked threathening, and they kept her in that form instead of showing the hot actress like they seem to be doing with some other villains this season. And so she is like Brainiac or she worked for him?

Well, aside from the Indigo vs Wynn hacker bullshit, the episode was actually pretty good. Unlike with the CW shows, on this show, the drama is actually the interesting part.

But, really, I think it's time to write off Superman in a better way. There's now a Brainiac variant launching nukes in National City and affecting global markets. He still won't show up for that?

VaeVictis

I'm surprised no one noticed the item Non was using at the end. Its use and purpose might be completely different but sure behaved and looked exactly like the
Omegahedron

I can't wait for the Flash crossover. Seeing Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist interacting as a Glee fan will be entertaining. Last time those two met they battled with One Direction music and Gangnam Style respectively.

Joni

I can't wait for the Flash crossover. Seeing Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist interacting as a Glee fan will be entertaining. Last time those two met they battled with One Direction music and Gangnam Style respectively.
They did an episode together? I don't remember them meeting in glee.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Yeah they didnt really interact much on the show - cant remember them performing together. Then again Grant was dick for most most of his time on Glee.

It's a joke, they didn't actually interact, just the choir group Grant was in was against the choir group Melissa was in.
Then Melissa because her character was starving herself, fainted and someone was doping on Grant's team so Grant's team had their win taken away. Instead of y'know, giving the win to one of the other teams, Melissa's team won because I guess they're the main characters.

But really fuck that Gangnam Style cover.

Okay, I thought I missed an awesome Sebastian moment. He would have torn marley a new one
He kinda stopped being a dick after season 3. Which was disappointing, his CW meerkat face made for some killer insults.

I knew I would love Grant Gustin forever when he got Darren Criss off our screen for a few episodes.

Joni

Jenna seems to cosplay as Lucy Lane for her husband.

CZxH3eFW0AAxmwf.jpg

He kinda stopped being a dick after season 3. Which was disappointing, his CW meerkat face made for some killer insults.
He would be great at playing a mean Barry Allen if ever got magic'ed or something.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Damn im stupid...just now realized that she is Tatums wife aka. the chick from Step Up. I knew that her face was familiar but i thought the actor was younger so i didnt put her in that time period.

Cool though...

Joni

Damn im stupid...just now realized that she is Tatums wife aka. the chick from Step Up. I knew that her face was familiar but i thought the actor was younger so i didnt put her in that time period.

Cool though...

Yeah, she is married to a hugely famous guy who is really kind and funny and loves her so much. She would be a terrible celebrity crush.

Yeah, that's one cliché that bugs me, this person who's able to run circles around any database with a computer only to be stuck in some boring simple job, when they have the skills that the government would be itching to use.

I could see him not pursuing those jobs because they require lengthy and extensive background checks, and he wants to completely bury everything about his father and cut it off from his life, while taking an intelligence agency job would drag it all up.

Winn seemed legitimately surprised by the fact that he was learning an alien language so quickly. They should really do something with that.

Joni

I could see him not pursuing those jobs because they require lengthy and extensive background checks, and he wants to completely bury everything about his father and cut it off from his life, while taking an intelligence agency job would drag it all up.
His background might even prevent him completely from government positions. Terrorists in your family would probably be a good counterindicator for a FBI or CIA position.

Can Laura Vandervoort get a better look for her next appearance? Discount Mystique is a terrible look. Go for a slightly alien cybernetic twist on her normal look. Something more subtle.

"Toyman Jr" is really cold, even for Cat Grant

Damn, Indigo, is crazy. I can't take her seriously in that getup though.

Lol, Wynn's got game. Hope it lasts!

Awwwwww Supergirl feels at the end.

ZeroX03

Banned
Caught up on this. A few days late thanks to catching up on Agent Carter.

Average episode but the resolution at the end was great. After Alex told her, I said "hug her Kara, damnit". Then they hug. Hank starts to walk away and I say "reassure him Kara" and then he grabs his arm. Great family moment.

Laura Vandervoort tried her hardest, but that was some bad costume design and weak dialogue. She deserved better.

Could the Legion possibly be the next big crossover and show? If Supergirl gets another season and a full blown CW crossover, it seems they could be the focus. The Legion ring was also shown in the Flash episode which is odd if it's just a Supergirl plotline. They also exist in a weird space where every Berlanti show could conceivably use them:

• Supergirl: she was a member of the Legion, as were other Super family characters. Also a title character for a short run.
  • The Flash: Impulse is from the time period, XS is a family member and Legionnaire and Barry and Iris spent time in the future.
  • Legends of Tomorrow: it's the time travel show, duh. Booster (Rip's father) is loosely associated with the Legion too.
  • Arrow: begs for scraps.

PreFire

I'm glad Kara didn't storm out after Alex told the truth. Thought the show would CW me.

Yea, her reaction was really mature and supergirl-ish.

She understood why her sister did what she did.. She had no choice. And she was afraid that if she told her the truth, it would split them apart.. Which would've happened if she had stormed out.

Will the real brainiac make an appearance? Or is that just Clark's foe?

Setsuna

Fuck the Indigo costume. The worse thing about this entire episode was Indigos stretchy arms, and the dramatic camera close ups of the arms going to the keyholes

Joni

Caught up on this. A few days late thanks to catching up on Agent Carter.

Average episode but the resolution at the end was great. After Alex told her, I said "hug her Kara, damnit". Then they hug. Hank starts to walk away and I say "reassure him Kara" and then he grabs his arm. Great family moment.

Laura Vandervoort tried her hardest, but that was some bad costume design and weak dialogue. She deserved better.

Could the Legion possibly be the next big crossover and show? If Supergirl gets another season and a full blown CW crossover, it seems they could be the focus. The Legion ring was also shown in the Flash episode which is odd if it's just a Supergirl plotline. They also exist in a weird space where every Berlanti show could conceivably use them:

• Supergirl: she was a member of the Legion, as were other Super family characters. Also a title character for a short run.
  • The Flash: Impulse is from the time period, XS is a family member and Legionnaire and Barry and Iris spent time in the future.
  • Legends of Tomorrow: it's the time travel show, duh. Booster (Rip's father) is loosely associated with the Legion too.
  • Arrow: begs for scraps.
A fullblown crossover with all four shows would be absolutely amazing.

ZeroX03

Banned
I really wish the show would show some kind of straining or muscle impact when she's lifting heavy objects or fighting superhuman threats. Nothing really appears to take any physical toll on her, which is technically how Superman would react, but just makes it look she's holding the prop that she is. Then the punches appear to have a weight not much stronger than a human which isn't that impressive. Add some motion blur, wind effects and deeper sound effects or something.

Also that key would probably go smashing through the ground at that weight.

Fuck the Indigo costume. The worse thing about this entire episode was Indigos stretchy arms, and the dramatic camera close ups of the arms going to the keyholes

The stretchy arms were one of the worst things the show has done.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I really wish the show would show some kind of straining or muscle impact when she's lifting heavy objects or fighting superhuman threats. Nothing really appears to take any physical toll on her, which is technically how Superman would react, but just makes it look she's holding the prop that she is. Then the punches appear to have a weight not much stronger than a human which isn't that impressive. Add some motion blur, wind effects and deeper sound effects or something.

Also that key would probably go smashing through the ground at that weight.

The stretchy arms were one of the worst things the show has done.

It really was. I was expecting her to clone herself. I think that would have played much better.

Anyone here like Funko stuff, like their Pop! series? They're doing a DC TV box with exclusive merchandise, and Supergirl will be part of it with Flash and Arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiO7E1D4--s

PAJaf56.gif

The box ships in May: https://legionofcollectors.com/

If the exclusive Pop! in the box is TV Supergirl, then I'm definitely getting it. I wanted to get the Batman v Superman box, but I missed out on it...but I won't this time.

DCTV... any Gotham stuff, or just Berlanti & Co?

DCTV... any Gotham stuff, or just Berlanti & Co?

The teaser only hints at the latter, but who knows. They're mystery boxes, with only one item revealed, which is the exclusive Pop! figure that comes in the box, which they haven't revealed yet. Sometimes there's more than one. Each box also comes with a t-shirt, and sometimes stuff like variant cover comics, keychains, pins, mugs, Dorbz mini figures, and other stuff.

I already have the Flash and Arrow figures so it'd be a waste to spend that much for a Supegirl .-.

As far as I'm aware, these boxes only come with exclusive items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom