• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed this Superman so much he got me in the mood for some Superman so Im going to need to get back around to rewatching STAS. Been like 10 years since I rewatched it.
Hell made me contemplate a Smallville rewatch for a second.

I'm spoiled by Cavill's Superman. Maybe I'll open up to this new guy, but I think Cavill fit what I've wanted out of Superman for many years.

With Superman in the Arrowverse, they could easily establish a Justice League. We have Superman, The Flash, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl. Arrow could replace Batman, Supergirl could replace Wonder Woman, and Atom or Vixen or someone could replace Green Lantern. One can only dream.
No Batman, no sale.

Da-Kid

I'm spoiled by Cavill's Superman. Maybe I'll open up to this new guy, but I think Cavill fit what I've wanted out of Superman for many years.
Grim, edgy, intense, and lacking any real personality and traits established in Superman since forever?

VanWinkle

GA is this universe's Batman, don't you forget it.

Just call it a modern day Justice Society. Screw the League name.

I've never got that sense. He's no detective and that's a huge part of Batman's character. You don't see GA pouring over evidence on the computer and whatnot.

carlsojo

I've never got that sense. He's no detective and that's a huge part of Batman's character. You don't see GA pouring over evidence on the computer and whatnot.

That's a good point. Even so, I think GA in this universe assumes Batman's role as a leader, representative, and inspiration/mentor to other heroes.

Are they really gonna make
Miss. Martian a love interest for J'onn?
Isn't that a little creepy given
most peoples knowledge of the character would be the cartoon where she's his niece?

Joni

Wonderful. A local channel has started airing Supergirl. It also has the rights to Arrow. Noticeably, it is not airing The Flash which to my knowledge isn't airing on any channel here.

most peoples knowledge of the character would be the cartoon where she's his niece?

It is mostly what we are guessing.

5435225-origin_8f57bb1f14517ab5b5c878e9556d6910.gif

Khezu

Watched the first episode of season 2.
Didn't watch any other episode other then the Flash cross over.

I enjoyed it a lot.

Only problem is that the only characters I liked were Supergirl, Superman, and Super Ally Mcbeal.
Superman probably isn't staying, and the talk about Calista taking a back seat because Canada, kinda makes me not sure if I will keep watching.

If they decide to kill off Superman(or send him off somewhere long term) and later merge the universes.
I kinda hope they just merge National City back into Metropolis.
I really hope they don't do that to Superman though.

However since Cat will have less screen time I kinda wish they'd bring in Lois long-term as another mentor for Kara either way.

Side-character love stories usually go smooth. See Lyla and Diggle, Moira and Walter, ...
The issue is less the fact the romance might not be well-written but more so I just find it really weird that there's a strong chance they're turning a character who generally has a familial relationship with J'onn (and in some continuities is outright related to him) into a love interest.

I have more faith in Katie McGrath as Lena achieving what they failed to do with Max Lord than I do bringing Max back and trying again with him.

Unless they're building up some appearance of Lex I'm assuming Lena set up the whole thing with John Corben. Just seems to be straight out of villain handbook of posing as a good guy and having a threat on their life as a means of deflecting suspicion.

ZeroX03

Banned

She was actually
48 in Young Justice lol.
. But it's like dog years.

Watching the first episode of Supergirl now. From the season 1 finale I was pretty sure that Krypto was going to be in that pod, but it's not. A little disappointed that they didn't go for the extra cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom