• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winn goes for the hug.

Clark and Kara have more than a jiffy of chemistry...

Yea uh..... I don't know any cousins or family members who text each other that. Sure they haven't had too many chances to interact and hang out but uh.... It's kind of too much family love for me. It's understandable from their perspective being that they are the last of their kind.

I love you, cousin. Pretty soon Kara's going to turn into Roman from GTA IV 😂

For a second there at the end, I really thought Clark was going to text Bruce about the kryptonite.

In the Martian Manhunter & Supes vs. discount Metallo fight, was there a practical suit for Manhunter in certain shots? Maybe I'm seeing things. It'd be a clever way to get around using CG all the time.

In the Martian Manhunter & Supes vs. discount Metallo fight, was there a practical suit for Manhunter in certain shots? Maybe I'm seeing things. It'd be a clever way to get around using CG all the time.

Suit is practical, head is CGI

martianmanhunter-172626.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
SUPERMAN RETURNS? | We were all sad to see Tyler Hoechlin fly back to Metropolis after the Metallos’ defeat, but fear not: When asked if we can expect to see Superman again this season, Kreisberg replied, “We’re working on it. We’ll see.” (For what it’s worth, Hoechlin was also present at the screening, and seemed very interested in returning.) As for Clark Kent’s better half, Kreisberg said there are “no real plans” to introduce Lois Lane anytime soon, adding, “We’re happy we have Superman.”

I'd take a guess and say they're at DC's mercy as to whether they can use more Superman.

Supergirl EP Breaks Down Mon-El's Rude Awakening, Cat Grant's Exit, Superman's Future and More

Volimar

Time to fan cast Lois. What's Erica Durance up to these days?

Edit: Looks like she's the star of a show called Saving Hope. Bummer.

A supernatural medical drama that centers around the lives of the doctors and nurses of Hope Zion Hospital.

Sounds neat though.

Maybe we can get brunette Allison Mack.

jdstorm

Banned

Sounds neat though.

Maybe we can get brunette Allison Mack.

Whats Rachael Bilson doing these days.

Edit. Pity they wasted italia rici as Banshee.

Minka Kelly would be a pretty solid pick.

Neoxon

I really loved this rendition of Superman, hopefully we'll get more of him later this season.

If nothing else, the show has me hooked for the rest of the season.

Corpekata

Banned
Finally getting around to giving season 1 a more serious try. I bowed out original around episode 3ish, but it's actually getting pretty solid a little past that.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda hope they dial back on Winn manufacturing all this tech out of no where. He's not Cisco. He's more Felicity, a smart computer IT hacker guy. He should've come up with the idea, but had the DEO guys be the ones to fabricate the suit while he looked on. Little touches like that would bring the show back down to a some what relate-able and grounded tone.

And yes, I agree that the Metallo punch to Alex's face should've killed her straight up. Don't know why they shot it like that. Should've been a body blow or give her a helmet to wear when she's in that suit.

Joni

He lives. Perfect.

It might be interesting to note that Daniel Gillies managed to combine Saving Hope with The Originals for three years.

Great episode. They fit a lot of great character moments in there, from the dual talks with Kara/Alex, Kara/Cat, and Clark/J'onn.

The writing and action has improved and I'm glad. They still need more compelling villains, but if the main cast stays this strong, I'm fine.

Jimmy remains the vestigial tail of show and it showed in this episode. Makes sense that they announced his new direction when they did, as that will probably bring him directly into the Cadmus/DEO conflict.

Mariolee

How did James get Cat's position when he literally just got the job at CatCo a year ago? I know he won the Pullitzer for his work with Superman but still.

anaron

I kinda hope they dial back on Winn manufacturing all this tech out of no where. He's not Cisco. He's more Felicity, a smart computer IT hacker guy. He should've come up with the idea, but had the DEO guys be the ones to fabricate the suit while he looked on. Little touches like that would bring the show back down to a some what relate-able and grounded tone.

I agree that it seems jarring but we should remember that Winn is Toyman's son and the person who made Kara's suit.

I think if anything it's to show how he's unshackled now.

Joni

Jimmy remains the vestigial tail of show and it showed in this episode. Makes sense that they announced his new direction when they did, as that will probably bring him directly into the Cadmus/DEO conflict.

I hope they don't let him diddle around as long as Laurel. Just kill him when it turns out he remains pointless even as Guardian.

jdstorm

Banned
Great episode. They fit a lot of great character moments in there, from the dual talks with Kara/Alex, Kara/Cat, and Clark/J'onn.

The writing and action has improved and I'm glad. They still need more compelling villains, but if the main cast stays this strong, I'm fine.

Jimmy was fine when lucy was around, and he was actually good when Clark showed up. While he isnt great. Hes definitely not the problem Laurel Lance, Ray "Daniel Shaw" Palmer and Ronnie Raymond have presented.

Jimmy just needs a win for jimmy. He needs to be the hero of his own subplot. A great guide would be Fusco on Person of Interest. He was always a sidekick and often kept in the dark. However occasionally he got to do things for himself.

This James "dont call me jimmy" Olsen is too alpha male for the supporting role they need from him.

Joni

Jimmy was fine when lucy was around, and he was actually good when Clark showed up. While he isnt great. Hes definitely not the problem Laurel Lance, Ray "Daniel Shaw" Palmer and Ronnie Raymond have presented.

Jimmy just needs a win for jimmy. He needs to be the hero of his own subplot. A great guide would be Fusco on Person of Interest. He was always a sidekick and often kept in the dark. However occasionally he got to do things for himself.

This James "dont call me jimmy" Olsen is too alpha male for the supporting role they need from him.

Jimmy needs a journey indeed. We saw the journey for Ray, Ronnie and Laurel even if we didn't like the part before it but for Jimmy that journey was always love interest.

jdstorm

Banned
Jimmy needs a journey indeed. We saw the journey for Ray, Ronnie and Laurel even if we didn't like the part before it but for Jimmy that journey was always love interest.

Except Ronnie, Ray and Laurel only became bareable when they died and were written out. Ray is still extremely anoying and being used poorly.

I made the mistake of watching a ledgends of tomorrow episode in close succession with a Power Rangers Nostalgia trip. Ledgends did not come off looking good. Quality wise its barely a top 10 power rangers season. Which says a lot given how bad power rangers got at various points

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why do villains always walk away instead of shooting the good guy themselves? I can't tell if writers just keep doing that on purpose now.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Except Ronnie, Ray and Laurel only became bareable when they died and were written out. Ray is still extremely anoying and being used poorly.

I made the mistake of watching a ledgends of tomorrow episode in close succession with a Power Rangers Nostalgia trip. Ledgends did not come off looking good. Quality wise its barely a top 10 power rangers season. Which says a lot given how bad power rangers got at various points

Ah, hyperbole. There is no way Power Rangers is better than LOT quantifiably.

jdstorm

Banned
Ah, hyperbole. There is no way Power Rangers is better than LOT quantifiably.

Ever watched Power Rangers in Space, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Power Rangers Dino Thunder or Power Rangers RPM? They are all comfortably better then LoT. Each of these seasons has season long over arching storytelling, consistent writing. Well realised characters who behave consistently and actors capable of better action sequences then anyone on LoT apart from Caity Lotz.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Ever watched Power Rangers in Space, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Power Rangers Dino Thunder or Power Rangers RPM? They are all comfortably better then LoT. Each of these seasons has season long over arching storytelling, consistent writing. Well realised characters who behave consistently and actors capable of better action sequences then anyone on LoT apart from Caity Lotz.

I can't even...

jdstorm

Banned
I can't even...

You didnt answer yes or no. So im going to assume you are unfamiliar with those respective seasons of power rangers.

Id suggest getting caught up before dismissing another persons oppinion. (Try RPM its mad max meets terminator staring a few actors that currentlty have their own CW shows

Liv from Izombie, Mary from Reign

Edit. Sorry for derailing the topic. How awesome was Clark. Hope he becomes semi regular soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom