• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

To be fair...

q0z08Wo.jpg
The best yellow Ranger.

Good second episode but now we see where it all goes with Superman gone, hopefully the ratings held up and they continue being as solid as the first two episodes.

Both times Clark talked to Perry im 100% picturing
b10.jpg

version of Perry on the other side of that call.

I guess a bit may Lane Smith RIP but he never used "great Ceasar's ghost" his thing was "great shades of Elvis" because they made his version a huge Elvis fan.

strafer

Are they fucking serious? Dumbest fucking criminals ever.

They see them both stop the car and yet they pull put their guns and shoot at them..fucking lame....loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

dumbest shit...dont they know you cant hurt them? who wrote this garbage

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

They see them both stop the car and yet they pull put their guns and shoot at them..fucking lame....loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

That's why Superman made the comment asking why they would bother punching him after all that. It lampshades how every superhero show has that moment.

KonradLaw

I think it was just making fun of a common superhero trope. People always try to shoot and punch superman, just like they try to run away from Flash etc.

Joni

Good second episode but now we see where it all goes with Superman gone, hopefully the ratings held up and they continue being as solid as the first two episodes.

I guess a bit may Lane Smith RIP but he never used "great Ceasar's ghost" his thing was "great shades of Elvis" because they made his version a huge Elvis fan.

He also seemed nicer than the Perry Supes was talking to.

Cafeman

GREAT SHADES OF ELVIS! Supergirl as a show is fantastic on CW. This 2nd episode fleshed out characters, had conversations that were just as enjoyable to sit through as the action scenes, the plots made sense, and had more super action than I'd expected. Hope they didn't blow 10 eps worth of budget on these 2!

I lol'd at the timing of Winn's line, "...grumpy!" HAW HAW HAW! And as perfect as I thought Melissa was as Supergirl/Kara last season, Tyler is the Superman I want to watch. I just love how the show has so much of the DC history (both comics and film allusions). The Fortress, the flying diagnostic robot there, seeing J'Onn in action (did the scared littler girl surprise you too?), great show.

I did not miss Max or Jimmy. Their characters need some new direction or written out.

Is Kat leaving the show permanently?

I hope that Mon-El can carry some of what we lose with Superman going back to Metropolis. We better get some more Superman later this season. DCU - pay attention.

strafer

GREAT SHADES OF ELVIS! Supergirl as a show is fantastic on CW. This 2nd episode fleshed out characters, had conversations that were just as enjoyable to sit through as the action scenes, the plots made sense, and had more super action than I'd expected. Hope they didn't blow 10 eps worth of budget on these 2!

I lol'd at the timing of Winn's line, "...grumpy!" HAW HAW HAW! And as perfect as I thought Melissa was as Supergirl/Kara last season, Tyler is the Superman I want to watch. I just love how the show has so much of the DC history (both comics and film allusions). The Fortress, the flying diagnostic robot there, seeing J'Onn in action (did the scared littler girl surprise you too?), great show.

I did not miss Max or Jimmy. Their characters need some new direction or written out.

I hope that Mon-El can carry some of what we lose with Superman going back to Metropolis. We better get some more Superman later this season. DCU - pay attention.

Why would a little girl scare me? I mean, it makes sense for him to take shape as a kid so no one knows who he is.

First I thought it was just some cosplayer.

Cat is being written out largely due to the show's move to Vancouver; they couldn't get Callista Flockhart to make the move with them. It sounds like she has no issue with flying out every so often but the move meant she is no longer in the regular cast.

Everytime I see Supergirl and Superman together I have a smile in my face, they are so good, legit chemistry. Superman needs his own show or half a season on Supergirl.

Great opening episodes (outside Alex's power armor, can't they just have her leading a team?). I'm worried Supergirl won't hit these heights again until the musical crossover with Flash.

Who do I need to tweet to get a Cat Grant and Clark Kent duet?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This Superman is fantastic. So much charisma and presence, I take back all my scepticism.
Also I love how it's Superman guest starring in a Supergirl series, not the other way around.

Joni

This Superman is fantastic. So much charisma and presence, I take back all my scepticism.
Also I love how it's Superman guest starring in a Supergirl series, not the other way around.

And he mostly plays great off the other characters, he fits naturally with everyone.

KonradLaw

Superman has indeed been great. Both in cape and as Clark. And despite how well he was done he still didn't overshadow Kara. Very nice.

Thats true(how was the reception to his Perry anyway I only started watching Lois & Clark a few months ago and absolutely love him compared to the average interpretation.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_XvPGGLsGc

Ricker

What an awesome season so far...like many I was afraid the move from CBS to The CW would bring a lower budget for speciall effects and all but its been the opposite IMHO,I hope it keeps up and that we get a few Supeman appearances again...and also Kat.

And lol at Jerk...guy. ;P

Poyunch

I love Supe's actor, I just wish the suit was more flattering.

The dude's bulk enough but something about the suit makes him look small.

What an awesome season so far...like many I was afraid the move from CBS to The CW would bring a lower budget for speciall effects and all but its been the opposite IMHO,I hope it keeps up and that we get a few Supeman appearances again...and also Kat.

And lol at Jerk...guy. ;P

CW doesn't mind blowing money on "bad cg" so they allow more interesting choreography despite a smaller budget.

While the big networks might have more cg they want it typically used as inoffensively as possible because they think it can reflect poorly on the entire network.(like I absolutely don't see Grodd or King Shark happening on Flash if it was on the big networks)

So I have a lot of hope actually.

Joni

The budget is lower in general, but losing Calista Flockhart and filming being cheaper in Vancouver help a lot.

but losing Calista Flockhart

I really wish they'd bring in Lois somehow as a similar mentor figure while Cat is gone.
They could even set up a rivalry between them however based on respect(Lois considers Cat somewhat of a traitor,meanwhile Cat is disappointed in Lois for not creating her own thing or running the Daily Planet at that point).

I really wish they'd bring in Lois somehow as a similar mentor figure while Cat is gone.
They could even set up a rivalry between them however based on respect(Lois considers Cat somewhat of a traitor,meanwhile Cat is disappointed in Lois for not creating her own thing or running the Daily Planet at that point).

Snapper is the replacement, with an attempt at being a Perry White copy for Kara. They need to keep Lois in Metropolis for Superman purposes.

Another inconsistency from last season: Cat literally brought Kara to an empty office with a desk and told her it was hers. This episode, she complains of having no desk. *shrug*

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I liked Snapper Carr or whatever his name is. You need a gruff personality for Kara's upbeat bubbly nature to bounce off of. He's no Cat Grant though.

James having a new possession (and Cat's old one at that) felt extremely abrupt. So he's the CEO or editor or...I'm not exactly sure why they're moving him around.

Gotchaye

Really good episode. This season continues to be a lot better than the first one. The cheerfulness is great, and it's a lot less corny now. The various goodbye scenes at the end worked well - the first season would not have pulled those off.

I know this is a comics thing but come the fuck on Cat: Kara=Supergirl. I really thought she was going to say something in their second goodbye scene.

Anti-Kryptonite armor looked terrible. Luckily the cyborgs thought so too and aimed straight for it.

Promethium, the "strongest metal known to man", and also element number 61 (this is true), apparently has the chemical formula of table sugar.

Volimar

I know this is a comics thing but come the fuck on Cat: Kara=Supergirl. I really thought she was going to say something in their second goodbye scene.

Except Cat already saw Kara and Supergirl (Martian Manhunter) at the same time, so she's forgiven for no longer suspecting. Props to her for figuring it out early on though.

ZeroX03

Banned
My theory is Cat may not consciously realize their identity, but sub consciously she's well aware. Again she's head over heels for bumbling reporter Clark Kent, because some part of her can sense Superman. She's an insanely good judge of character.

WedgeX

Banned
I need Guardian, the newsboys and Dubbilex right now.

I needs them.

And Harrison Ford should move to Vancouver.

Wynn's reaction to Supes is exactly what mine would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom