• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeonin

I know this is a comics thing but come the fuck on Cat: Kara=Supergirl. I really thought she was going to say something in their second goodbye scene.

Cat already called her out on it. But Kara pulled the ol switcheroo when her and Jon (disguised as Supergirl) show up at Cat's office at the same time.

Edit: Missed someone else's post that explained this. Pls disregard.

Toa TAK

Banned
They are trying to make him like Cisco. That won't fly.

Cisco is one of a kind
Yeah, I'm not digging that, either.
Agreed. He's so much better now that he isn't a mopey dweeb pining over Kara.
HOWEVER, I'll happily take him as is instead of doing that again.
Well, they sort of wrote that plotline into a corner when Cat was all "fuck your job go be Supergirl 24/7 sanity be damned". From the moment that happened you knew they were going to put the cat back into the bag.
That sucks. It's too bad they couldn't try to make an arc or conflict out of that.

Snapper is the replacement, with an attempt at being a Perry White copy for Kara. They need to keep Lois in Metropolis for Superman purposes.

Yeah, not really the same though.
Though Lois could be there for half as season-ish if she was doing a big story on someone like Lena Luthor(which would certainly fit)
or maybe she comes to help investigate the Jeremiah thing.

I need Guardian, the newsboys and Dubbilex right now.

I needs them.

And Harrison Ford should move to Vancouver.

Wynn's reaction to Supes is exactly what mine would be.

You're getting
Guardian
. But probably not the
Guardian
you want.
Jimmy will become Guardian this season.

ZeroX03

Banned
Looks like they've explained how the crossover will include Supergirl, and the confusion between whether it's a three or four part crossover. The answer is... it's more of a three part crossover plus Supergirl the character. Tagged the spoiler specifics, but really there's not much to spoil, it's exactly what you'd expect.

Also I totally called it Earth-CBS months ago, Guggenheim confirmed a fan of me.

Asked how Supergirl will be a part of the series, given her series takes place in another universe, Guggenheim replied, “I think I can say it… I don't think it's that shocking. Last year, Supergirl established that Flash was able to make his way to what I call ‘Earth-CBS’ and it stands to reason that with the proper breach technology the reverse can happen.”

It’s been previously revealed that the villains in the crossover are the aliens known as the Dominators and Guggenheim remarked, “Once the heroes realize that they're up against aliens, they decide that they need an alien on their side. Fortunately, Barry knows a really nice one.”

Guggenheim added, “I don't think it's a big shock that between Barry and Cisco and all their experiences with Earth-2 and the multiverse that they can pluck her from Earth-CBS.”

Guggenheim kept referring to the “three-part crossover,” even though it involved four series and explained, “There’s going to be an episode of Supergirl that ends with Supergirl going over to the crossover. So some people call it a four-way crossover because it involves four shows. My ulcer requires me to call it a three-part crossover. I mean, the story being told has a beginning middle and end. It's a beginning in Flash, a middle in Arrow, and an end in Legends. But Supergirl is very much a part of the whole thing, so we are crossing over four shows in three parts. How does that sound?”

Guggenheim acknowledged that technically, the crossover does at least begin on Supergirl that week, but stressed, “It's right at the end where Barry and Cisco come in.”

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/10/...the-flash-arrow-legends-of-tomorrow-crossover

wildfire

Banned
Well I bailed on Season 1 a third of the way through and only came back for the Flash and the episode following it.

They improved certain flaws and it's now enjoyable enough to look forward to the next episode. The one flaw I feel they'll never get right are the action sequences with the main villain and fully leveraging the stated goals of each character.

Mariolee

Looks like they've explained how the crossover will include Supergirl, and the confusion between whether it's a three or four part crossover. The answer is... it's more of a three part crossover plus Supergirl the character. Tagged the spoiler specifics, but really there's not much to spoil, it's exactly what you'd expect.

Also I totally called it Earth-CBS months ago, Guggenheim confirmed a fan of me.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/10/...the-flash-arrow-legends-of-tomorrow-crossover

Sounds like a hype as hell stinger is coming up on Supergirl then.

Joni

Another inconsistency from last season: Cat literally brought Kara to an empty office with a desk and told her it was hers. This episode, she complains of having no desk. *shrug*
She had a desk somewhere far away from the department she wants to work.

Skux

Solid episode, and good to see the main plot threads moving forward.

The superhero fights are quite impressive. Season 1 felt held back by a family-friendly tone but these beatdowns are not holding back. I mean, Martian Manhunter just phased his hand through a dude to rip out his heart.

Bluth54

That's a little disappointing, I was hoping for
a full on crossover to work somehow. I hope they Crisis on Infinite Earths these shows soon so we can get full proper crossovers.

strafer

I'll take it.

Sephzilla

Barry: "I know someone who can help"

Diggle: "Well go get this person!"

Barry: "I would but she's on an alternate Earth"

*Diggle's eyes glaze over*

Diggle: "Excuse me?"

Barry: "And to get back there I'd need to find a breach"

Oliver: "...I know where there's a breach"

*ISLAND FLASHBACK*

ZeroX03

Banned
Old Harrison is pretty low energy. I'd really want him to bellow Great Caeser's Ghost.

The CW did get Mark Hamill too heehee.

ZeroX03

Banned
#2.05 "Crossfire" Synopsis
SUPERGIRL TAKES ON A RUTHLESS NEW GANG — Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) must beat a ruthless new gang who has been armed with dangerous new alien technology. When Cadmus sends a video to the DEO, the team realizes Cadmus is the one staffing the criminals for a secret mission. Meanwhile, Kara (Melissa Benoist) gets Mon-El (Chris Wood) a job as an intern at CatCo, James makes an important decision and Lena (Katie McGrath) invites Kara to attend one her fundraisers.

That's a little disappointing, I was hoping for
a full on crossover to work somehow. I hope they Crisis on Infinite Earths these shows soon so we can get full proper crossovers.

Merging the two universes would present all whole new set of problems. If you introduce the Kryptonians permantly to the Arrowverse, the street level villains become useless since they could just call in Superman, Supergirl or Martian Manhunter to steamroll any of the other shows villains and subsequently if you bring over the villains needed to challenge the Kryptonians, they would annihilate the Arrowverse heros in seconds.

caliph95

Merging the two universes would present all whole new set of problems. If you introduce the Kryptonians permantly to the Arrowverse, the street level villains become useless since they could just call in Superman, Supergirl or Martian Manhunter to steamroll any of the other shows villains and subsequently if you bring over the villains needed to challenge the Kryptonians, they would annihilate the Arrowverse heros in seconds.

I mean you can just have the heroes operate in their own cities like the comics and it'snot like Superman wouldn't be busy with shit. I imagine the real reason would be they don't want to over complicate shit with a crisis at least especially ofr the Arrow people. At least for now.

Joni

Supergirl tried to show why that doesn't work: they both have problems in their own city.

Supergirl tried to show why that doesn't work: they both have problems in their own city.

But the Arrowverse shows have a habit of making their main villains have end of the world plans. Like last season wth Darkh and the nukes, Zoom in trying to wipe out the multiverse and Savage with his plans. None of them would have been a serious threat if Superman and Supergirl were around. Conversely the Arrowverse people would have been useless in the fight against Non. This is a major problem with expanded universes in comics in general. But right now as presently constituted with Supergirl separate helps minimize that issue.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Because Superman, Supergirl, or Martian Manhunter don't have anything better to do, right? Not like they have their own cities to protect, own villains to fight, own lives to live....

Joni

But the Arrowverse shows have a habit of making their main villains have end of the world plans. Like last season wth Darkh and the nukes, Zoom in trying to wipe out the multiverse and Savage with his plans. None of them would have been a serious threat if Superman and Supergirl were around. Conversely the Arrowverse people would have been useless in the fight against Non. This is a major problem with expanded universes in comics in general. But right now as presently constituted with Supergirl separate helps minimize that issue.

Supergirl can't help any of them if she is battling Non at the same time. Aside from that, Zoom and Dahrk were the only ones in Arrow and Flash with end of the world plans while Savage was in another timezone.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Except Cat already saw Kara and Supergirl (Martian Manhunter) at the same time, so she's forgiven for no longer suspecting. Props to her for figuring it out early on though.

I still like to imagine that she immediately figured it out again upon learning that Supergirl has a shapeshifting alien friend a couple episodes later. She just realized how important normalcy was for her and that placing her in that no-win scenario of outing herself to Cat or losing a huge part of her anchor to human life could have seriously damaged her, so she decided to just shut up about it.

jdstorm

Banned
If we are nominating dream famous friend cameos. Its not to late for someone to call in a dawsons creek connection and try and get Josh Jackson to cameo as a rich buisness type named Bruce

ZeroX03

Banned
New episodes, how do they work?

#2.03 "Welcome to Earth"
Extended Promo
Preview Scene #1
Preview Scene #2
LYNDA CARTER (“WONDER WOMAN”) LANDS IN NATIONAL CITY AS PRESIDENT DIANA PRINCE — An attack is made on the President (guest star Lynda Carter) as hot-button, alien vs. human rights issues heat up in National City. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO are assigned to protect the President and bring in the responsible party. Alex (Chyler Leigh) teams up with Detective Maggie Sawyer (Floriana Lima) to investigate the case while Kara searches for a recently escaped Mon-El (Chris Wood), who she fears may be the alien behind the assault.
spg203c-0402b-204718.jpg

Also look at this photo and tell me
Alex doesn't have fuck me eyes when looking at our new detective friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom