• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the actor for Mon-El before..... Riiiiight, he was one of the main character's from Containment.

Oh shit...... Wonder Woman jet! Wait.....

JSevere

didn't miss Cat as much as I thought I would

looks like everyone got a new love interest this episode. Kara's probably gonna hook up with Mon-El, Alex is gonna get it with Maggie, J'onzz and the new Martian too

MartyStu

looks like everyone got a new love interest this episode. Kara's probably gonna hook up with Mon-El, Alex is gonna get it with Maggie, J'onzz and the new Martian too

WAHHHHHH!!!!!?!!

I have not yet watched this, but I do not like that development.

Live action Miss Martian on TV, what a time to be alive.

Until the news that she was coming figured it'd be ages without Young Justice.

That "other ship" line was still the best lol.

I'm the last daughter of bad line readings

J'onn's lip synch was way better too, they better work on that! Shoulda paid extra attention to it for her first appearance since everyone would be staring!

I always get giddy when new DC characters are introduced and they do at least two this episode. Can't wait for Alex and Maggie to become an item!

Like the Angel like world expanding.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

And James will have no one :( James and Wynn need to hook up

jb1234

Aside from Lynda Carter's stiff performance (ah, the joys of stunt casting), I thought this was a strong episode. The show is juggling a lot of characters now but it's coming across as far more organic than last season.

(Except poor Winn who still has virtually nothing to do.)

Aside from Lynda Carter's stiff performance (ah, the joys of stunt casting), I thought this was a strong episode. The show is juggling a lot of characters now but it's coming across as far more organic than last season.

(Except poor Winn who still has virtually nothing to do.)

Winn and James alternate now, it seems. They are "the dude" for either of Kara's two circles. Some stuff will apparently bring them together on their own plotline.

Luigi87

Winn and James alternate now, it seems. They are "the dude" for either of Kara's two circles. Some stuff will apparently bring them together on their own plotline.

I was thinking about that this episode, and it was kind of bothering me. No longer are we getting to see the trio of Kara, Winn, and James altogether, nor Winn and James working off each other.

Tabby

Fuck Snapper Carr, fuck him. I don't care what sob story tragic history they have for him. I hope they write him out.

jb1234

Fuck Snapper Carr, fuck him. I don't care what sob story tragic history they have for him. I hope they write him out.

I like Snapper. The show needs some of his edge. It's also nice for there to be a character who doesn't adore Kara.

Dereck

a8R5YEf.gif

Hello Megan! Also cool to hear Margo Price in that scene. That album's great.

So if his name is Mon-El does that not mean he's part of the House of El? Kara's relative?

Briarios

But, Snapper was pretty much right about everything ... he's just an ass. Nothing wrong with that -- a real journalist knows a lot of shit they can never write about and it slowly sours them. He's good for the show, in my opinion. They need someone with legit experience.

ZeroX03

Banned
So if his name is Mon-El does that not mean he's part of the House of El? Kara's relative?

If I'm getting this right, his name is technically Lar Gand, but because of how the character was introduced in the comics (mistake for a Kryptonian, joins Superman), he was nicknamed Mon-El. So while he's not actually part of the House of El and a different race, the name stuck anyway and what he's generally known as.

TreIII

If I'm getting this right, his name is technically Lar Gand, but because of how the character was introduced in the comics (mistake for a Kryptonian, joins Superman), he was nicknamed Mon-El. So while he's not actually part of the House of El and a different race, the name stuck anyway and what he's generally known as.

Even so, it still doesn't really make sense to introduce him here as "Mon-El", without him going through all the stuff before that made him an official "adoptee" into Supes' fam, first.

Ah, well.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Damn, you can cut the sexual tension between Maggie and Alex with a knife.

Using aliens as a way to explore different sides of the immigration debate was nice. Science fiction is at its best when it uses these wild and outrageous concepts to explore real topics. Kara being extremely prejudice is another interesting slant.

Alien dive bar? Awesome. They're finally expanding things beyond Catco and the DEO.

Lmao @ the central casting headshots of the villain taken before the attack.

Hello Megan! Also cool to hear Margo Price in that scene. That album's great.

It's weird, because when he was first introduced, he was amnesiac. Superman gave him a name thinking he was Kryptonian, hence Mon-El.

His real in-comic name is Lar Gand. But they're either ignoring that completely on Supergirl, or he's evil. I doubt they'd make him evil though. He's a solid backdoor into Legion of Super-Heroes if Legends of Tomorrow dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom