• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean they never really addressed it in the first season but her being bi would still kinda come out of left field but whatever.

SHE'S IN HER 40'S?!?!?!!?!?

She sure doesn't look it.

Also, that's Killing Joke Bruce and Barbara levels of creepy.

That's ridiculous.

She's 44 but as they say, black don't crack. Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed the route they're going to take with her too.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's interesting that Alex's sexuality got the buzz it did when [Gotham Spoilers]
Gotham is going head on into a Penguin & Nygma pairing. I heard absolutely no mentions of that happening, and it's for two extremely noteworthy characters. The entire subplot of this week's episode was Penguin working up the courage to express his feelings. Glad to see more representation on all fronts, I'm just surprised there has been no reaction to it.

I'm still sorta bummed about M'gann. She might be great, we've only seen a few seconds of her. But being played by an older actress and most likely being a love interest for Martian Manhunter kinda shows where they're going with her. I was hoping for a more "Hello, Megan" type that could pal around with Kara. Maybe they thought that personality would be too similar to Kara's?

It's interesting that Alex's sexuality got the buzz it did when [Gotham Spoilers]
Gotham is going head on into a Penguin & Nygma pairing. I heard absolutely no mentions of that happening, and it's for two extremely noteworthy characters. The entire subplot of this week's episode was Penguin working up the courage to express his feelings. Glad to see more representation on all fronts, I'm just surprised there has been no reaction to it.

Joke reply: No one watches Gotham.

Joni

I'm still sorta bummed about M'gann. She might be great, we've only seen a few seconds of her. But being played by an older actress and most likely being a love interest for Martian Manhunter kinda shows where they're going with her. I was hoping for a more "Hello, Megan" type that could pal around with Kara. Maybe they thought that personality would be too similar to Kara's?

Because
they know that there have been countless shows where this has been teased and never happened.

This was one of the better episodes of the show. It feels like the show is growing into what it needs to be. Is Maxwell Lord coming back? I actually thought he was solid last year.

Tabby

This was one of the better episodes of the show. It feels like the show is growing into what it needs to be be. Is Maxwell Lord coming back? I actually thought he was solid last year.

Yeah this entire season has been better than the first season 1.

Glad the show is finding its identity because now we can get to the good stuff.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This season has been such a huge step up from last year's.

I wonder if they're going to go
the White Martian
route with Ms. Martian.

Platy

DAMN they spare no expenses on the sexual tension with Batwoman's girl and Alex xD

I had fun with the wonder woman twirl and the invisible jet joke

This was one of the better episodes of the show. It feels like the show is growing into what it needs to be. Is Maxwell Lord coming back? I actually thought he was solid last year.

Lord was their faux Lex Luthor. Now they have Lena and Cadmus covers the anti-alien side. He doesn't have much use this season.

gazele

Banned
Interesting to see that Megan is not a teenager

But just seeing her on the show was awesome

Wasn't aware the cop was Batwoman's GF either, so cool

Moving to CW seemed to be the right call. Not sure if its just that or just the cast / crew becoming more comfortable with what they are doing but this Season is off to a better start than last Season (which I still enjoyed)

DieH@rd

Banned
WsidaBc.gif

I still cant believe they hit the casting so well.

Joni

They needed someone who wasn't as dark and brooding as Cavil was in man of steel and bvs

If love a cross over with legends and Supergirl and have the Atom meet Superman.
Cavill could do the same. They just never let him. This guy does have the hair though.

They needed someone who wasn't as dark and brooding as Cavil was in man of steel and bvs

If love a cross over with legends and Supergirl and have the Atom meet Superman.
Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer is frustrating because now we know he could have played Superman like that if he had a better script.

J'onn looks freaking awesome in alien form.

Yeah, even just going into the bar with all those close ups looking around and expressions that costume and head design looked really good.
If anything they just need to touch up the lip synching (though this was more noticeable with the brief shot of her rather than him at the very end since we were all waiting to see how her transformation came out) when he talks and we can hopefully get more dialogue scenes like that with him in alien form to go with his action scenes.

caliph95

In the comics, Maggie Sawyer is in a relationship with Batwoman.

She's also white and blonde. This Maggie Sawyer is more Renee Montoya... who has also been in a relationship with Batwoman.
Now when i think about it any reason why it can't just be Renee Monotoya. Though ii'm just saying because i want Renee on the show

leng jai

To be honest I still can't really take this show seriously even after a few episodes of season 2. I'll watch 10 seasons of Melissa Benoist anyway.

DedValve

Banned
Nah, he's more Superman playing Ironman playing Atom. He's got none of the emotionally damaged stuff Tony has.

So what your saying is the Flash needs to go back in time and kill the Atoms mother (or both parents)?

How come Superman is allowed to have both a tv and film presence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom