• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's weird, because when he was first introduced, he was amnesiac. Superman gave him a name thinking he was Kryptonian, hence Mon-El.

His real in-comic name is Lar Gand. But they're either ignoring that completely on Supergirl, or he's evil. I doubt they'd make him evil though. He's a solid backdoor into Legion of Super-Heroes if Legends of Tomorrow dies.

Yeah, I thought it was weird how he just came out with "My name is Mon-el." They could have had him escaping because he had amnesia and was confused. I wonder if he's lying and will be partially responsible for whatever happens to start the big crossover.

Yeah, I thought it was weird how he just came out with "My name is Mon-el." They could have had him escaping because he had amnesia and was confused. I wonder if he's lying and will be partially responsible for whatever happens to start the big crossover.

The Daxamites were allies of the Dominators in the miniseries that the crossover is based on, so it's possible.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Amazing how I missed the episode despite being in the USA. Was it still good despite no Supes and no Cat?

I liked it more than last week. Villains are still goofy as heck but the rest of the episode was solid, good messages all around without feeling like an After School Special.

Stingers still suck.

Skux

Cool episode. Now that Superman is gone it's time to get into the main arcs of the season.

Things got wacky with that dive bar, very Star Wars cantina. I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that most aliens look like ridiculously good looking twenty-somethings.

J'onn looks freaking awesome in alien form.

Volimar

Alex was definitely watching Maggie walk away. We got a new OTP.

When did aliens become so prevalent on earth? Did this happen during S1?

Nah they've always been here more or less. Like they said, they can pass for human and blend in. What did happen in season 1 was an alien prison ship crashed and all the alien criminals escaped, roughly around the time Karas pod landed.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
If I'm getting this right, his name is technically Lar Gand, but because of how the character was introduced in the comics (mistake for a Kryptonian, joins Superman), he was nicknamed Mon-El. So while he's not actually part of the House of El and a different race, the name stuck anyway and what he's generally known as.

This is pretty much right, but they screwed up his introduction. Superman gives him the name Mon-El when Lar Gand is an amnesiac. As soon as he said his name was Mon-El, Kara should have assumed that they may be related.

This still doesn't explain the Kryptonian pod though.

Joni

Looks fun. This season has been alot better about presenting some consistently interesting scenarios. Instead of "Yeah, Astra is off doing... something. And there's Non... who also wants to do... something."
Bring back non. Best villain ever.

caliph95

Ah, the old
alien/monster/mutant cage matches for rich people to enjoy
episode. Almost inevitable in monster of the week shows. Maybe we should take bets on the season they go for the
time loop
episode.

This is not a complaint.
Is that the one that going
have Roulette from the Justice League cartoon.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm hoping they start building toward the main villain soon. Monster of the week episodes are so dull.

Joni

I have hard time telling sarcasm on the net. Honestly besides Astra and maybe Lord, i don't remember having decent villains though i wasn't a big fan of supergirl and was only half paying attention.
Silver Banshee, and the electric girl.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
This is pretty much right, but they screwed up his introduction. Superman gives him the name Mon-El when Lar Gand is an amnesiac. As soon as he said his name was Mon-El, Kara should have assumed that they may be related.

This still doesn't explain the Kryptonian pod though.
Yeah, they even had Kara specifically ask him about it and mention that it was Kryptonian, to which he never gives an answer. I have a feeling they're saving it for later and didn't just forget.

What are the chances we are getting The Legion Of Superheroes through Mon-El

Given Geoff Johns, almost 100 percent. He loves them.

Given CW? Unsure. They may not want another series to take the Friday slot. I'd give it a wait and see on how Legends of Tomorrow continues to perform this season.

caliph95

Given Geoff Johns, almost 100 percent. He loves them.

Given CW? Unsure. They may not want another series to take the Friday slot. I'd give it a wait and see on how Legends of Tomorrow continues to perform this season.
I meant mostly as an appearance in Supergirl. I doubt we are going to have a Legion show considering not only they would the powers would be strain on the budget. It would also be set in the future with aliens running around.

I meant mostly as appearance in Supergirl. I doubt we are going to have a Legion show considering not only they would the powers would be strain on the budget. It would also be set in the future with aliens running around.

Yeah, I'm we'll get a taste on either Supergirl or Legends in the next season, as a counterpoint to the JSA in this season.

Ricker

So is it me or are they turning supergirl's sister, alex into a lesbian now?

Sure looks like it...

a8R5YEf.gif

;) :p

So is it me or are they turning supergirl's sister, alex into a lesbian now?

If it wasn't for the main heroine being almost invincible (and straight) this might bring the show dangerously close to the "strong women can't be straight" trope, if they really go through with it.

Joni

If it wasn't for the main heroine being almost invincible (and straight) this might bring the show dangerously close to the "strong women can't be straight" trope, if they really go through with it.
At least with berlanti we can hope that it is done nicely.

anaron

Cat Grant, Lucy Lane, Astra, Livewire, Silver Banshee kinda say otherwise

Volimar

The character isn't a teenage girl this time, she's been "aged up" with an actress in her 40s to be a likely love interest for Harewood's J'onn. =\

SHE'S IN HER 40'S?!?!?!!?!?

She sure doesn't look it.

Also, that's Killing Joke Bruce and Barbara levels of creepy.

That's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom