• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sölf;234687705 said:
Wait, Supergirl is already back? I somehow thought this would have a longer break.

WELL, TIME TO CATCH UP THEN!

Everything is back this week, too.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Also, it's weird that we're like 4 eps away and feel like season never found a central arc. I guess it was Mon-El?

Yeah, that is kinda weird. They even waited until the absolute final seconds of the episode to do the Mama Mon-el drop. The "Previously On..." recap omitted her murdering Mon-el's father too, which I thought was odd.
And the next episode sounds Alex centric so I don't know how much they plan on fleshing out whatever the endgame is for the season finale.

morningbus

At this rate they should save Mon-El's mom for next season's first arc bad guy or something. Have this season end with Mon-El being thrown into the future and Mama-El just going completely off the rails.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Sooooooo what are Mon-El's powers right now? He doesn't fly, doesn't have cold breath, heat vision, or X-Ray vision (or at least that I can remember). He has slightly enhanced strength and invulnerability, right? Shouldn't he have all of Kara's powers?

morningbus

Sooooooo what are Mon-El's powers right now? He doesn't fly, doesn't have cold breath, heat vision, or X-Ray vision (or at least that I can remember). He has slightly enhanced strength and invulnerability, right? Shouldn't he have all of Kara's powers?

No. He's from Daxam, which is a planet inhabited by creatures descended from Kryptonian explorers.

Yada yada yada

Daxamites don't have all the same abilities of Kryptonians but are not vulnerable to kryptonite. Instead they are weak to lead, which luckily is a super rare material not used on Earth.

Ravi putting in work. Overall though, it was a boring episode. These breaks are killing any momentum this show builds up.

The Winn x Guardian x girlfriend side story was annoying. I would have preferred sister drama to that or even Kara/Mon drama.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
No. He's from Daxam, which is a planet inhabited by creatures descended from Kryptonian explorers.

Yada yada yada

Daxamites don't have all the same abilities of Kryptonians but are not vulnerable to kryptonite. Instead they are weak to lead, which luckily is a super rare material not used on Earth.
Hmmm, guess I was just mis-remembering my comics lore. I could've sworn I've seen Mon-El flying and subbing in for Superman on some occasions. I know about the lead thing (which they've barely even touched upon in the show).

Joni

Yada yada yada

Biggest enemy of the Daxamites.

latest

caliph95

I'm pretty sure Daxamites in the comics have the same powers just different weakness, they just nerfed Mon-el probably to keep the focus on Kara. Both Mon-El in the comics and a green lantern have shown the ability to fly and such

morningbus

Hmmm, guess I was just mis-remembering my comics lore. I could've sworn I've seen Mon-El flying and subbing in for Superman on some occasions. I know about the lead thing (which they've barely even touched upon in the show).

No, you probably have the comic lore part right.

In this show the Daxamites do not possess all of the abilities of Kryptonians. They're basically Action Comics issue 1 Superman level here.

Cafeman

Yes, comics Mon-El was the equivalent of Superman, only the fatal Lead poisoning weakness instead of Kryptonite. I think DC changed the continuity several times so I don't know what is considered true anymore, but what I remember is that Superboy thought Mon-El was his older brother, then learned he was Daxamite and gave him the name Mon-El. Then they tested M with kryptonite, it didn't harm him but the lead box fatally poisoned him. He was stuck in the Phantom Zone for a thousand years, when the Legion discovered him and eventually Brainiac-Five created a lead-poisoning 'cure' shot. Mon-El was a big hitter for the Legion though. It was kind of tragic how they kept bringing back his poisoning over the years and I think he died more than once, only to be retconned.

I don't know what CW's plans are of course, but I'd love to see M develop into a more mature hero, get the lead poisoning and be put into the Zone, hopefully in a sad and tragic scene with Supergirl and Superman present. And then a few moments after ... he reappears, older and in full costume in a Legion time bubble and accompanied by a few other Legionnaires! yeah! bring it on!

Ravi stays with a bad one, first Peyton then Lena.

The visual of Kara freezing the nanobots was cool.

Winn better not ever cheat on Lyra.

Kara got her job back, but every Catco scene was way better in season 1 when Cat was available as part of the show.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
At this rate they should save Mon-El's mom for next season's first arc bad guy or something. Have this season end with Mon-El being thrown into the future and Mama-El just going completely off the rails.

I like this idea. Teri Hatcher hasn't really gotten the chance to do much yet, but the fans love her. I'd hate to see her wasted on a rushed final boss that didn't have proper buildup.

morningbus

I like this idea. Teri Hatcher hasn't really gotten the chance to do much yet, but the fans love her. I'd hate to see her wasted on a rushed final boss that didn't have proper buildup.

My greatest concern, especially with the recent casting announcements, is that it's going to be just that: a rushed final boss with no build-up.

I can already imagine Mon-El's Mom just giving
General Zod
a call on the space phone to literally setup the final confrontation.

Bluth54

Yada yada yada

Isn't Daxam in the same star system as Krypton in Supergirl? You would think they would have the same powers as Kryptonians in the show.

morningbus

Isn't Daxam in the same star system as Krypton in Supergirl? You would think they would have the same powers as Kryptonians in the show.

I don't think they ever explicitly go into it on the show, but current Daxamites are the result of Kryptonians interbreeding with a native population of Daxamites 1000s of years ago. In the comics it meant they had the ability to mate with any humanoid species.

caliph95

I'm guessing they nerfed Mon-El to keep Supergirl important and focus plus it's easier on the show's budget and writing that there isn't two Superman level heroes.

Ricker

The guy from I Zombie and the girl from Timeless...this happens often in TV land but it bothered me for some reason in this episode,especially the guy since he is still in an active show...

Joni

The guy from I Zombie and the girl from Timeless...this happens often in TV land but it bothered me for some reason in this episode,especially the guy since he is still in an active show...

iZombie films like two blocks away from Supergirl. And while it is airing at the moment, it might have been completely filmed way ahead.

Makonero

I don't think they ever explicitly go into it on the show, but current Daxamites are the result of Kryptonians interbreeding with a native population of Daxamites 1000s of years ago. In the comics it meant they had the ability to mate with any humanoid species.

Daxamites are also absolute xenophobes. Look up Sodam Yat's origin.

caliph95

Daxamites are also absolute xenophobes. Look up Sodam Yat's origin.
To save you a click Sodam Yat is Green lantern, who as a kid helped and befriend an alien that crased on Daxam. They were found out and the buddy was taken away he later found out years later during a school trip to museum that they killed the alien, stuff him and then used him as propaganda piece by showing him attacking a daxamite. Oh he was also brainwashed because he was friends with him and broke out of due to seeing his friends corpse.

Joni

To save you a click Sodam Yat is Green lantern, who as a kid helped and befriend an alien that crased on Daxam. They were found out and the buddy was taken away he later found out years later during a school trip to museum that they killed the alien, stuff him and then used him as propaganda piece by showing him attacking a daxamite. Oh he was also brainwashed because he was friends with him and broke out of due to seeing his friends corpse.
Well, Queen Rhea at least wasn't that bad.

ZeroX03

Banned
The synopsis for #2.21 "Resist" teases the show finally being decent again!
CAT GRANT RETURNS - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) grapples with whether or not to obey the President's (guest star Lynda Carter) orders regarding Rhea's (guest star Teri Hatcher) latest actions. Meanwhile, Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart) returns to National City. Millicent Shelton directed the episode written by Jessica Queller & Derek Simon. Original airdate 5/15/2017.

ZeroX03

Banned
You'll never guess who tonight's episode of Supergirl is about...

#2.19 "Alex"
Episode Promo
ALEX IS KIDNAPPED - Alex (Chyler Leigh) is kidnapped and the kidnapper threatens to kill her unless Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) releases a notorious criminal from prison. Supergirl and Maggie (Floriana Lima) have always had different approaches to apprehending criminals but this time they must work together to save Alex. Meanwhile, Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) has an interesting proposal for Lena (Katie McGrath), but Lena insists she's a one-woman gal. Rob Greenlea directed the episode written by Eric Carrasco & Greg Baldwin.
spg219a-0192b-993459.jpg

Leigh previews: ”It's almost like a peeing contest, you know what I mean?"
spg219a-0308b-993461.jpg

Wynn pleads: "No really Kara, it is that big!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom