• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad episode but with it being this late in the game only to once again finally maybe reach some sort of lame end game as uninteresting as it is, Supergirl is on its way to being 0-2 for its seasons and it's really disappointing where it's been taken and that the move to CW really hasn't improved it as I hoped it would. They had a ton of good will from the first two episodes but since there it's been really hit or miss and mostly miss with characters that could be used so much better. Except for James, there was no saving James and their weak attempt to make him relevant.

I agree with all of this. This season has me really doubting that I'll be tuning in for season 3, regardless of how much I like Maggie, Alex, and Kara.

mm04

Decided to watch Gotham last night (I know) instead of Supergirl, so I'm late.

Meh episode. Not terrible just a little muddled. And it feels way too late in the season to be doing these one off episodes

You did fine since Gotham is a better show than Supergirl. This season started pretty strong then it got stuck in Mon-El will she or won't she and everything went off the rails. SG was annoying as all hell in this episode. C'mon writers.

Just caught up on this episode. Pretty great standalone episode - Maggie was well used, great disposable villain, can't wait to see what Rhea is trying to trick Lena into making - probably a gateway for invasion.

Of course, this had me thinking about how this plot would run on other Arrowverse shows. If he tried this with Thea, I'd imagine this is how it goes down:

Hour One - Bad guy is hit by a dart and blacks out.

Hour Four - Bad guy comes to tied to a chair in a nondescript warehouse. His father is tied to a chair, across from him. There is a table of torture implements next to him. Green Arrow enters the room.

Hour Four point Five - Thea is free.

Bluth54

Just caught up on this episode. Pretty great standalone episode - Maggie was well used, great disposable villain, can't wait to see what Rhea is trying to trick Lena into making - probably a gateway for invasion.

Of course, this had me thinking about how this plot would run on other Arrowverse shows. If he tried this with Thea, I'd imagine this is how it goes down:

Hour Four - Bad guy comes to tied to a chair in a nondescript warehouse. His father is tied to a chair, across from him. There is a table of torture implements next to him. Green Arrow enters the room.

Hour Five - After getting picked up by the Flash the bad guy will now live out the rest of his life in one of the tiny cells in Star Labs. Despite Diggle recently being pissed at his wife for holding prisoners without trial he has no objection when Oliver and Barry do it.

Joni

If this was Arrow, his dad would have been dead from the start.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If this was Arrow, his dad would have been dead from the start.

I was about to say. The number of people on Team Arrow who are against "enhanced interrogation" or straight up murder to save loved ones is small

Oliver? No question
Thea? She loves that shit
Felicity? Oh yes
Wild Dog? You bet, Hoss
Lance? If his daughters are in danger, in a second.
Nouveau Canary? Her intro to the series was her kill spree
Lyla? She loves her some black..site torture

Curtis is the only one that I think wouldn't straight up murder someone, even under duress. Someone like Felicity or Lance might have issues with it, but they'd still do it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Holy shit, Brandon Routh confirmed for the season finale!

#2.22 "Nevertheless, She Persisted"
SUPERGIRL FIGHTS FOR HER CITY; SUPERMAN RETURNS - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) challenges Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) to battle to save National City. Meanwhile, Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) returns and Cat Grant (guest star Calista Flockhart) offers Supergirl some sage advice. Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Andrew Kreisberg & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Robert Rovner & Caitlin Parrish.

Holy shit, Brandon Routh confirmed for the season finale!

#2.22 "Nevertheless, She Persisted"

I kind of want that now -

RAY : Hey, so ... we broke our time. Can we borrow yours?
WINN: Oh man- we're going Crisis on Inifinite Earths, aren't we? I'm so in!
MON-EL: That sounds great! One question - what's a Crisis on Infinite Earths?

Meanwhile- Inside "City of Lost Children," where we find out that, yes, James is in fact still part of this show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfAVHkEQu8Q

ZeroX03

Banned
I am... not sure if impressed or kind of afraid of the backlash for co-opting that term for the finale.

Maybe no one will notice.

It's been known for a week, nobody cares. Nobody really cared about Superman saying "I'm with her". Everyone knows where the show politically stands.

LotusHD

Banned
I am... not sure if impressed or kind of afraid of the backlash for co-opting that term for the finale.

People who criticize the show's political leanings still watch the damn thing anyways, so yea, don't pay them any mind lol

Smoolio

Well I'm of the opinion that the Season 2 Mon-el storyline has undone the shows good message, so kind of a little annoyed that they think they even have the right to use that title.

ZeroX03

Banned
Supergirl is fighting for us on tonight's new episode!

#2.20 "City of Lost Children"
Episode Promo
"THIS IS US" LONNIE CHAVIS GUEST STARS - When an alien attacks National City, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO learn the alien is a Phorian, an otherwise peaceful race with telekinetic powers. Guardian (guest star Mehcad Brooks) gets a lead on the Phorian's address but instead of finding the culprit, he finds a very scared boy named Marcus (guest star Lonnie Chavis). Marcus will only trust James so it is up to Guardian to stop the attacks on the city. Rhea's (Teri Hatcher) plan escalates. Ben Bray directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner and teleplay by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn.

spg220b-0577b-994637.jpg

I like Teri Hatcher but she has no business fist fighting and that'll probably be the big showdown in the finale too lmao

Penguin

Supergirl is fighting for us on tonight's new episode!

#2.20 "City of Lost Children"
Episode Promo

spg220b-0577b-994637.jpg

I like Teri Hatcher but she has no business fist fighting and that'll probably be the big showdown in the finale too lmao

Teri can still get it

Is it sad I actually had to Google to see if Jimmy was actually billed as a guest star on the show now?

WedgeX

Banned
Delving further into the refugee angle of the aliens that come to Earth would be super interesting.

One of the better episodes of the season despite feeling rather low-key.

ZeroX03

Banned
Boy nobody cared at all about tonight's episode. I thought it was one of the stronger ones. James worked, although it still feels like he's completely out of place on Supergirl's show.

Mama Luthor was right lol, aliens were a mistake.

Boy nobody cared at all about tonight's episode. I thought it was one of the stronger ones. James worked, although it still feels like he's completely out of place on Supergirl's show.

Next week continues the tradition of Supergirl teaming up with
Cat Grant, Evil Billionaire form the first half of the season, and Superman's Boots
for the lead up to the final battle.

caliph95

Is one of the better episodes but the season has been losing interest at least in gaf.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the episode was pretty strong. Held my interest the whole way through. Also, another Batman nod, always great.

Yeah one of the better ones, hopefully the last two episodes are really good, at least go out strong despite the season being pretty meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom