• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashlen

What a situation! If only they had a mind reader. Like, someone who read a mind earlier in the episode.

Edit: At least they explained it later. Doesn't explain Kara at the house scene.

jph139

My only takeaways from this episode:

1) Martian Manhunter really ain't shit.
2) The sexual tension with Lena applies to EVERYONE.

I TRIED READING HIS MIND BUT HE SEEMS TO BE BLOCKING ME SOMEHOW.

This shit never works.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think this was a pretty good filler episode, overall. The guy had been planning this for a year and thought of ways to combat everything, so Jonn's mind reading powers not working is acceptable, if not necessary to actually have an episode.

My only issue is that Maggie seems to think being in a committed, albeit somewhat intense, 5-month relationship trumps being a family member.

Like, put a ring on it girl then we'll talk about you being her emergency contact.

Bluth54

There was a hostage crisis at a bank and Supergirl didn't have 5 seconds to go stop it until 17 hours after it started? What was she doing all day?

morningbus

There was a hostage crisis at a bank and Supergirl didn't have 5 seconds to go stop it until 17 hours after it started? What was she doing all day?

Waiting for these god damn impotent National City cops to further prostrate themselves trying to negotiate with madmen.

Supergirl does this all the time, reminding people that they live and die by her hands alone.

morningbus

On a related note, do you think DC would be interested in my pitch of "Supergirl but with the worldview of Rorschach?"

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
On a related note, do you think DC would be interested in my pitch of "Supergirl but with the worldview of Rorschach?"

I'd read it. They kinda got that going on in the Bat-family with Mother Panic. She's like Batman...just more of an angry dick.

Kara actually does have cause to be bitter. Clark doesn't remember Krypton, she does. Losing literally everything you know as a teenager isn't a far bridge to cross to becoming an angry adult.

Bluth54

Man this bad guy had such a good plan except for giving Supergirl such a long amount of time to get his dad out of prison.
Give her 2 minutes so Supergirl doesn't have time to do anything but get your dad out and bam free dad! Use releasing Supergirl's secret identity as leverage to prevent you or your dad from being caught by the DEO, rig up some sort of dead man switch to send out her identity to every news organization if you don't check in with it every X number of days (or even use another person to give that information out).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Grizzlyjin

Decided to watch Gotham last night (I know) instead of Supergirl, so I'm late.

- Ham & Pineapple?! Get off my planet!
- "I tried reading his mind, but he seems to be blocking me somehow." Really...come on lol
- Dark backstory for this villain
- So none of the aliens living on earth have shared their technology? Weird.

I'm not exactly sure what the message of this episode was supposed to be. The whole ethical debate goes out the window when J'onn is going to mindwipe the dude lol

Meh episode. Not terrible just a little muddled. And it feels way too late in the season to be doing these one off episodes

caliph95

Decided to watch Gotham last night (I know) instead of Supergirl, so I'm late.

- Ham & Pineapple?! Get off my planet!
- "I tried reading his mind, but he seems to be blocking me somehow." Really...come on lol
- Dark backstory for this villain
- So none of the aliens living on earth have shared their technology? Weird.

I'm not exactly sure what the message of this episode was supposed to be. The whole ethical debate goes out the window when J'onn is going to mindwipe the dude lol

Meh episode. Not terrible just a little muddled. And it feels way too late in the season to be doing these one off episodes
Mindwipe cool but reading minds is too much

Grizzlyjin

Mindwipe cool but reading minds is too much

I have a feeling we'll be hearing that line again next season, they've used it before. It was just so funny that a normal guy somehow evades J'onn now

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Wasn't Jonn hesitant to use his memory wiping ability last season? Now he seems to have no problems doing it?

DeathyBoy

Banned
I have a feeling we'll be hearing that line again next season, they've used it before. It was just so funny that a normal guy somehow evades J'onn now

Him not being able to read Kryptonian minds is bullshit too. Mah boy Parkman would be stumped by thoughts in other languages but he'd still try

Dryk

It really felt like Kara was going to learn a lesson right up until J'onn told her she was right all along. No J'onn, Maggie was right all along.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
My only takeaways from this episode:

1) Martian Manhunter really ain't shit.
2) The sexual tension with Lena applies to EVERYONE.

Okay - so everybody else noticed that too then? I guess her chemistry is just off the charts??

Not a bad episode but with it being this late in the game only to once again finally maybe reach some sort of lame end game as uninteresting as it is, Supergirl is on its way to being 0-2 for its seasons and it's really disappointing where it's been taken and that the move to CW really hasn't improved it as I hoped it would. They had a ton of good will from the first two episodes but since there it's been really hit or miss and mostly miss with characters that could be used so much better. Except for James, there was no saving James and their weak attempt to make him relevant.

I know they won't do it because it's a part of the CW DCTV formula, especially the Flash's contribution to it since at least Arrow started out with Oliver being solo but I wish they'd get rid of the DEO and just let Kara be on her own instead of taking a backseat to what feels like everything else and to relationship drama.

caliph95

Not a bad episode but with it being this late in the game only to once again finally maybe reach some sort of lame end game as uninteresting as it is, Supergirl is on its way to being 0-2 for its seasons and it's really disappointing where it's been taken and that the move to CW really hasn't improved it as I hoped it would. They had a ton of good will from the first two episodes but since there it's been really hit or miss and mostly miss with characters that could be used so much better. Except for James, there was no saving James and their weak attempt to make him relevant.

I know they won't do it because it's a part of the CW DCTV formula, especially the Flash's contribution to it since at least Arrow started out with Oliver being solo but I wish they'd get rid of the DEO and just let Kara be on her own instead of taking a backseat to what feels like everything else and to relationship drama.
It was getting better as the first season go but this season has been hit and miss. At least the first felt it had direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom